Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 05:34 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,799,572 times

Advertisements

President Obama is not a leader. I want a leader for my country. One who inspires the nation and has America's future and the protection of our Constitution as the bedrock of their presidency. One who is willing to enter the halls of Congress and the Senate and give them a good chewing out when they do not do the job they were sent to do and instead put their own interests above those of the people they serve.

It is not a Democrat versus Republican issue. It is an issue of responsible stewardship of our great nation to ensure its exceptionality for our children and our children's' children.

Last edited by Lincolnian; 12-26-2011 at 05:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 05:50 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
[quote=resold;do you see what they are doing to the SS system playing their little political games? The Dem's are trying to use this game to win votes in November and the Rep bubs are trying to do the opposite for the Dem's. It really gripes me that people can't see what is going on.[/quote]

I think people do know what is going on that they are defunding SS to try to increase consumer spending. It is a stimulus for our sorry economy to cover up our true condition. It is evident that the govt spent the surplus and that is a fact that most people do know.

It will be interesting to see in 2013 with a {R} POTUS and House if they try to extend the payroll tax if the {D}s will be screaming the {R}s are destroying SS. I would guess the odds at 2 to 1 that the partisan left on this forum will be on that bandwagon. Being a partisan you know how that works if it's from my side good but if it is the other bad.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:30 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Swingblade, Its quite likely now Obama will win a second term, and the TP added several points to his ratings via their antics on the SS tax issue. House is dicey; GOP will take Senate simply due to having 23 Dem seats coming up, and a bunch are newbies as incumbents retire in 2012.

TP should be counted as Obama's #1 contributor.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:43 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,442,995 times
The GOP is just one debacle after another. Boehner is a bum and he should be voted out of office.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:59 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Swingblade, Its quite likely now Obama will win a second term, and the TP added several points to his ratings via their antics on the SS tax issue. House is dicey; GOP will take Senate simply due to having 23 Dem seats coming up, and a bunch are newbies as incumbents retire in 2012.

TP should be counted as Obama's #1 contributor.
That is one of my main points that Obama can go on the trail and claim the {R}s want to raise their taxes. And the next sentence will be they won't touch the 1% and play the class warfare card. That is going to be a big selling point even though I do not agree with it. If you saw my earlier post I am for scrapping our Marxist tax system completely.

When will grow tired of talking about the same issue year after year and never coming to a conclusion? We look like a bunch of retards.

It does not matter who the {R}s field against Obama looking at the electoral college it looks to me he has 218 in the bag. It is going to be a fight.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:08 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
A centrist GOP ticket is the only possible one that can beat Obama. The further right they go, the more the GOP risks a 300 plus BHO electoral win, which than jeopardizes the GOP House even more, as a BHO win with ease will equal swing state GOP House losses of magnitude.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:49 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The GOP's payroll debacle, or Merry Christmas, Obama

The GOP and Obama BOTH wanted a 1 year extension... We got 2 months..

Looks like a Democratic flop if you ask me
If I were ignorant of the issue I might have agreed with you.

However since some people decided to look into the issue, common sense and the Democrats rightfully won this issue.

We got 2 months of exactly what the original issue was supposed to have been about, a two month extension of the payroll tax cut, funding of emergency UI benefits and the "Doc Fix" proposal.

Republicans lying as smoothly as a second language claimed that this was simply "kicking the can down the road".

The Republicans behind the scenes agenda, was to attempt to extort totally unrelated provisions from the President or threaten and obstruct the passing of the President's measures.

In essence the Republicans position was, "cave in to positions you are against and we are for, or we will make sure that Americans suffer for it"!!

So if getting what they asked for constitutes a "Democratic Flop" for you, all I can say is; I hope the Republicans continue to help the Democrats continue to flop in these particular circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies