Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 07:59 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Spoken like a Fox News Viewer living in Wasilla, Alaska. Truly laughable. Tell Sarah Palin hello for us.
Spoken like a true leftist, following the MSM talking points....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 08:03 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Default Maybe, because it has lower ratings than fox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
It only has low ratings because most people in America are clueless on most topics. I'm not saying some MSNBC viewers are uninformed, but to make it seem like Fox is more credible because more people watch it is just pure lunacy. PBS has low ratings. Does that mean PBS isn't a credible news network? CSPAN barely gets any ratings, yet it's only congressional hearings.

The fact is that Fox only has more ratingsb because most Americans are entertained by dogma. Hence, why CNN doesn't pull ratings like MSNBC and Fox.

Year End Cable News Ratings: MSNBC, CNN Up in Primetime while Fox News Takes a Loss - Hollywood Reporter

Old 12-27-2011, 08:04 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Fox has higher ratings for a simple reason - all the right wingers flock there. If you watch five minutes and roll your eyes, you might flip to MSNBC, CNN or any of the network news stations. So they are sharing the non-right winger audience while Fox gets pretty much the total right winger audience. Fox viewers also skew much older as most conservatives do and older viewers tend to get their news from television (and tend to just leave it on all day) whereas younger viewers get information from a variety of sources.
Pretty much sums it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Two Words: Al Sharpton

Who can give credibility to a station that has devolved into that?
Agreed. He's the Glenn Beck of MSNBC.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:06 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Spoken like a Fox News Viewer living in Wasilla, Alaska. Truly laughable. Tell Sarah Palin hello for us.
Actually, I cancelled my satellite TV subscription in August 2006. I watch only DVDs these days. My primary news source has come from Thousands of newspapers on the Net since the 1990s.

It is my understanding that Sarah Palin is wintering in Arizona these days, but the next time I see her I will be certain to mention your irrational obsession with her.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:06 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
It only has low ratings because most people in America are clueless on most topics. I'm not saying some MSNBC viewers are uninformed, but to make it seem like Fox is more credible because more people watch it is just pure lunacy. PBS has low ratings. Does that mean PBS isn't a credible news network? CSPAN barely gets any ratings, yet it's only congressional hearings.

The fact is that Fox only has more ratingsb because most Americans are entertained by dogma. Hence, why CNN doesn't pull ratings like MSNBC and Fox.
Maybe the low ratings are delegitimizing MSNBC all by themselves? Maybe your just pissy because you watch MSNBC and you think the low ratings are, in essence, delegitimizing your views as well?

Maybe, just maybe, the people are not as shallow as you think. I think people read or hear about a news story, and turn on the TV because they are looking for the facts, and MSNBC does not give them any.

There is a cause and effect for everything, a message and a messenger, a decision with risks and consequences. Too many times with MSNBC, we get an effect without a cause, a messenger w/o a message or a decision without risks or consequences. People are not stupid, so when they are only getting one side of the news stories, they know there is something behind the curtain, when they only get a sanitized, politically partisan, filtration of the news, so they switch off MSNBC.

For example, and this happens all the freaking time, MSNBC reports that the republicans did not vote for bill X. We never hear why they voted the way they did. We never hear about what was in the bill that would cause them to vote it down. All we hear is hour after hour, with guest after guest, beating up republicans cuz they are just mean and evil. MSNBC can only play the card, just so many times, claiming republicans want to take away grandma's Medicare and Social Security, before people see how dog-eared and phony it is.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:07 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Spoken like a true leftist, following the MSM talking points....
Proudly so. Hey, I don't expect Fox "News" viewers to admit their information comes from questionable sources. It's an older, white conservative audience that leaves their TV on all day. Fox scares them and leaves them quivering in their living rooms so they think they need to "take back!" their country. The irony that they hate the government while collecting their SS checks never gets old.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:12 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Maybe the low ratings are delegitimizing MSNBC all by themselves? Maybe your just pissy because you watch MSNBC and you think the low ratings are, in essence, delegitimizing your views as well?

Maybe, just maybe, the people are not as shallow as you think. I think people read or hear about a news story, and turn on the TV because they are looking for the facts, and MSNBC does not give them any.
And once again, this is why Fox News viewers are the least informed.

A poll by Farleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey showed that of all the news channels out there, Fox News viewers are the least informed.
Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests - Forbes

Old 12-27-2011, 08:14 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Actually, I cancelled my satellite TV subscription in August 2006. I watch only DVDs these days. My primary news source has come from Thousands of newspapers on the Net since the 1990s.

It is my understanding that Sarah Palin is wintering in Arizona these days, but the next time I see her I will be certain to mention your irrational obsession with her.
You just shattered that libs reality. <sniff>

You just had to fit his stereotype of a Faux News fanatic, a Sarah Palin drone, otherwise how could you possibly disagree with him??

Old 12-27-2011, 08:15 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Typically if MSNBC is reporting on Fox, they are making fun of it. Jon Stewart reports on Fox too but they are openly laughing then.
And they provide non stop 24/8 advertisement for Fox.. If I wanted to see what Fox was reporting, I'd watch Fox.. I dont need some 3rd party to tell me how to think about them..

The fact that they are "reporting" on Fox, indicates how worthless they really are.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:16 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
And once again, this is why Fox News viewers are the least informed.

A poll by Farleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey showed that of all the news channels out there, Fox News viewers are the least informed.
Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests - Forbes
Thats already been not only proven wrong, but an outright lie. Dont worry, the irony of people calling others less informed, and you not knowing this, isnt lost.

Please become informed on something before you run around repeating the lies
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...wing-less.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies