Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 05:10 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Okay. Then lets get some more parties in there. Fine with me.

As for your assertion that folks vote for the letter and not the person they like, i can't say. I vote based on the person i like. I'm not arrogant enough to assume that the next guy votes for anything but what he thinks are his interests. I simply assume that the next man votes for the same reasons i do.
I can't say I know for everyone, but it seems to me that a substantial percentage of people do simply follow party lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 06:09 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
I'm telling you the truth. I was accused of attempting to be the spokesperson for all blacks, and i played along. Still, i'm better qualified than YOU to say how the black vote will go. So you know...

One doesn't need to be a spokesperson to say that blacks aren't going to vote in large numbers for Republicans. It's common sense. People don't vote for their antagonists.

How that makes me a hypocrite, i simply don't know.

It should be fairly obvious how it makes you a hypocrite. You make a sweeping, effectively bigoted statement against a large group of people (Republicans). You claim, without qualifier, that in effect all Republicans are 'antagonists' of blacks. If that isn't hypocrisy...scotty, beam me up.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:42 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
most people regardless of race would be confused with just names on the ballot. this isnt just limited to blacks. white people are just as naive as anyone else and would get confused with no affiliation next to the republican. it was a white woman in sc who voted for alvin greene because she thought he was a big time musician in the 70's. the electorate in general is stupid.

I VOTED FOR ALVIN GREENE - YouTube
I guess the "DEM", by his name, didn't help either.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
This is just the result of falling literacy rates in the US.
As our education system produces more functionally illiterate adults we will have to change to accommodate them.

Now they can just look for the "big D" rather than try to read the other words.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:46 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Nah...you simply can't handle the truth. And that truth is:

Blacks aren't going to vote for Republicans in any real numbers worth talking about.

The Republican Party is openly hostile towards blacks.

I didn't play the race card. I told the truth.

Take it how you want.
No, not the truth, just more race-baiting and lies.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:51 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Quote:
Besides, after reading posts from Conservatives on C-D relative to race....the reasons should be obvious. Republicans are openly hostile towards blacks.

It's that simple. No need to debate it.
Guess you prefer the soft racism of low expectations that's become characteristic of the Democratic Party.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:56 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
People must rise up against the divide and distract mantra we have been manipulated into believing for so long.

Politicians work for the people; Not the other way around.
Look up who voted 'YES' for NDAA and VOTE THEM OUT!

Old 12-27-2011, 08:16 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Yawn.

We aren't going to vote Republican regardless. So please, don't worry about it.
1. Who is "WE"? I was unaware that you were elected spokesperson for any group.

2. Maybe instead of a "D" next to the name, how about a picture. If you go into a voting booth, with the intent of voting "D" or "R", then you are stupid and shouldn't be voting anyway. You should be casting your vote based on who is best for the country, not the party they belong to. I have voted for people, with D, R, I, and L. I vote for whom I feel is the best person for the job, not what party they belong to.

3. If you have to have a specific party presented specially on a ballot, then maybe that's NOT the person to vote for. If people cannot carry their vote based on who and what they are, then too bad. And if I were YOU, I would be insulted that they have to make sure you know what party they belong to, just so you know who to select. It's kinda like saying you are too stupid to know.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
The Dems should be insulted that their party is viewed as too uneducated enough to be able to know what they are doing when entering a voting booth.

Do you view this as an "improvement" to voting or catering to the functionally illiterate ?
Maybe ACORN can teach these people to read when they register them.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:26 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
So, the Federal Government and the Democrats think blacks are too effing stupid to figure out who to vote for unless there’s a big fat “D” next to a candidates name.

If I were black I'd be insulted over this...

Voting Rights | Black Voters | North Carolina | The Daily Caller
This has nothing to do with blacks being stupid. I will look down the ballot at unfamiliar names and races, and if I don't know the candidates, I'll pick the Dem, based on presumed shared values and positions on issues. I'll hazzard a guess that LOTS of folk from both parties who do the same thing nationwide every election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies