Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 02:45 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Why don't you try and click on any of the links to educate yourself? Especially one from GPO?
I did click the links, those are budget PROPOSALS.

Dont blame me because you dont know the difference between a proposal, and a budget

hell, you've been a member of cd long enough to have educated yourself on the subject rather than continuing to embarass yourself

Presidents Don’t Set Budgets; Congresses Do

here is my daily part to educate liberals who know nothing
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/federa...dget_page1.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
debt on 09/30/2009 was $ 11,909,829,003,510
FAIL, Obama was spending well before 09/30/2009

Old 12-27-2011, 02:47 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I did click the links, those are budget PROPOSALS.

Dont blame me because you dont know the difference between a proposal, and the real thing

hell, you've been a member of cd long enough to have educated yourself on the subject rather than continuing to embarass yourself

Presidents Don’t Set Budgets; Congresses Do
Obviously, you weren't keeping up with the times, and now you're refusing to. I edited my previous post, which you would have missed, so here it is again... from your link:

"Just prior to the start of the FY 2009 budget year on October 1, 2008, the complete FY 2009 appropriations bills for the Departments of Homeland Security, Veterans Affairs, and Defense were signed into law.
"

You still claim there was no 2009 budget signed by Bush? Then, who signed that one?

Old 12-27-2011, 02:52 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
More ignorance of you guys on the left because those are budget proposals, and budget proposales are not budgets.. Dam you guys always seem to be wrong, like you dont have a clue about how the process works.

There hasnt been a full budget passed since Democrats took over Congress.. Stop embarassing yourself.
OH MY GOSH, no budget passed in years. My oh my how has the government got by without those "budgets". May it was those appropriation bills and the continuing resolutions that WERE PASSED BY CONGRESS.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:54 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
To pay for all his promised, reckless spending of course. GOP House should say NO...although this is a perfect campaign ad for the GOP candidate.

Obama to ask for debt limit hike - Treasury official - Politics & Elections News

It was $9.5 Trillion when he came into office.

What a complete disaster this fraud is.

I seem to remember him talking about fiscal responsibility, cutting his trillion dollar first year deficit in half, but that doesn't seem likely.

Here is a great headline from Drudge;

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

I NEED ANOTHER $1.2 TRILLION
That is all a part of his plan to simultaneously cut the deficit in half, and reach $17 trillion in nation debt, before his four years are up.

Be real, 0bama still has votes to buy, and cronies who need their pockets lines with billions and billions of our borrowed taxpayer dollars.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Obviously, you weren't keeping up with the times, and now you're refusing to. I edited my previous post, which you would have missed, so here it is again... from your link:

"Just prior to the start of the FY 2009 budget year on October 1, 2008, the complete FY 2009 appropriations bills for the Departments of Homeland Security, Veterans Affairs, and Defense were signed into law."

You still claim there was no 2009 budget signed by Bush? Then, who signed that one?
Thats not the 2009 budget. You clearly know less than I thought you did because even your link shows there are a lot more than that to the budget process

Are you telling me that most of the 2009 spending was in the Homeland Security and Veterans Affairs budgets?

Old 12-27-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
OH MY GOSH, no budget passed in years. My oh my how has the government got by without those "budgets". May it was those appropriation bills and the continuing resolutions that WERE PASSED BY CONGRESS.
appropriation bills and continuing resolutions arent budgets

Just Reminder
Just Reminder — It's Been 800 Days Since the Senate Passed a Budget

And that was in July

Old 12-27-2011, 02:57 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:

"Just prior to the start of the FY 2009 budget year on October 1, 2008, the complete FY 2009 appropriations bills for the Departments of Homeland Security, Veterans Affairs, and Defense were signed into law.
"

Doesn't matter who signed the budget bill. It was based on bush's budget. quest is just jerking your chain. They have been embarrassed several times chasing down this dead end argument. Bush owns FY2009

If a basketball coach is leaves the bench and hands his second the clipboard, losing by 50 points. If the second goes on to lose the game by 51 points, who gets credit for the lose?

Old 12-27-2011, 02:59 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Thats not the 2009 budget. You clearly know less than I thought you did because even your link shows there are a lot more than that to the budget process

Are you telling me that most of the 2009 spending was in the Homeland Security and Veterans Affairs budgets?
One more time. Do yourself some justice and dare to click on this link (http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy09/browse.html - broken link) (GPO Access). And you would have, right in front of you, a host of documents from FY2009 budget, as signed by President George W Bush.

Don't lay emphasis on budget deficit at that point in time though, because the severity of that was figured out AFTER we knew what happened to federal tax receipts in 2008. And at $1.4125 Trillion, it wasn't pretty by any measure.

Quote:
Just Reminder — It's Been 800 Days Since the Senate Passed a Budget
And that was in July
It has been about 1180 days since FY2009 budget was signed into law. And it hasn't been 380 days since July 2011.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Doesn't matter who signed the budget bill. It was based on bush's budget. quest is just jerking your chain. They have been embarrassed several times chasing down this dead end argument. Bush owns FY2009
THERE WAS NO BUDGET BILL PASSED By your own admission they were continuing resolutions and appropriations

You might know even less than Einstein about the budget process, something I thought was impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies