Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 12:59 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Results in US presidential elections, 0 electoral votes and never more then 1% of the popular vote...ever.

With 225,000 registered voters....0.075% of the population. Good luck!

And that is why I vote indy and not libertarian.

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
That only demonstrates that it is the left who are the bigots, not Ron Paul. But we already knew that.
Sarah Palin? Is that you?

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
If that is the kind of loser candidate you want to see in the White House, then it is a good thing that you are no longer a Republican.
LOL...so the type of loser candidate he should support looks like Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney? And you wonder why he'd support Ron Paul instead?

Old 12-27-2011, 01:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
But Ron Paul is being denounced by the Left as a racist. How do you reconcile Ron Pauls statements on race with your love for minorities?

I'm a registered independent myself I think that's the best way to go IMHO.
You're an independent like Rush Limbaugh is an independent.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:06 PM

179 posts, read 141,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Ron Paul should go third party.
...he used to be libertarian - then he switched party affiliation (a.k.a. joe lieberman), in other times he might be referred to as a "turncoat".

Old 12-27-2011, 01:06 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ehh...i understand, but come November, i'm willing to bet that you'll put a clothespin on your nose and drop that ballot for Newtie or Mittski as expected.

Anybody but Obamie.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:08 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Well, now only if y'all claimed the same about Obama.
I don't recall anyone saying that he COULD do all these things by himself except the Left wingers. Obama thought he certainly could, but reality set in.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:09 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
For about 3 years I have tried to convince myself that libertarians had a place at the table with the Republican Party and that somehow I could change it from within.

This election cycle has shown me all I need to see with regard to the Republican Party. Their maginalization of Ron Paul and two-term former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson has shown me that the Republican Party is neither inclusive, or in step with my beliefs. Not only is this vitriol coming from Fox News, the party moutpiece, but it also comes from Republican Party headquarters itself.

I tire of the hatred against minorities, homosexuals, Muslims, atheists and agnostics (and libertarians, I might add) simply for their beliefs and lifestyles that do not affect you at all.

Now I'm coming to terms with the fact that libertarians won't be accepted either. While it's cute to say "don't let the door hit you on the way out," it should be noted that your dwindling membership numbers do not back up the arrogance displayed in the aforementioned quotation.

In short, the Republican Party is awful. You don't want my beliefs, but you want my vote. Unfortunately those two are tied for me so you have lost both. Have a good day

Dear Republicans,

As 2012 draws near, I would like to thank you for p-ssing off the Independents and Libertarians. Its always great to have that 3rd party candidate as a spoiler to split votes. Also, as the 2012 GOP Presidential Nominee race heats up, it will become even more apparent that you guys offer nothing more than sophmoric frat boy humor and snide racist slights against anyone not like yourselves...another bonus.

I would also like to thank you for the Herman Cain fiasco (aka Michael Steele Part II) Here we were able to really see your tokenism in action. It was great to see you prove that you are willing to be short sighted enough to assume that minorities will simply vote for a candidate solely based on their color...and then watch you quickly discard the "colored" individual when they no longer suit your agenda (again, see Michael Steele).

Keep up the good work!

Warmest regards,

President Obama supporters

P.S. Please continue to favor Newt Gingrich over Mitt Romney. And if you can get Donald Trump and/or Sarah Palin into the mix it would be extremely helpful. Also, please continue to hammer on the fact that Ron Paul is a crazy old coot...that will anger his supporters and more of them will vote for Ross Perot (oops, I mean Ron Paul) when he doesn't get the GOP nomination. Thanks again. XOXO

Old 12-27-2011, 01:13 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I don't recall anyone saying that he COULD do all these things by himself except the Left wingers. Obama thought he certainly could, but reality set in.
I forgot... right wingers only speak for others.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:13 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Dear Republicans,

As 2012 draws near, I would like to thank you for p-ssing off the Independents and Libertarians. Its always great to have that 3rd party candidate as a spoiler to split votes. Also, as the 2012 GOP Presidential Nominee race heats up, it will become even more apparent that you guys offer nothing more than sophmoric frat boy humor and snide racist slights against anyone not like yourselves...another bonus.

I would also like to thank you for the Herman Cain fiasco (aka Michael Steele Part II) Here we were able to really see your tokenism in action. It was great to see you prove that you are willing to be short sighted enough to assume that minorities will simply vote for a candidate solely based on their color...and then watch you quickly discard the "colored" individual when they no longer suit your agenda (again, see Michael Steele).

Keep up the good work!

Warmest regards,

President Obama supporters

P.S. Please continue to favor Newt Gingrich over Mitt Romney. And if you can get Donald Trump and/or Sarah Palin into the mix it would be extremely helpful. Also, please continue to hammer on the fact that Ron Paul is a crazy old coot...that will anger his supporters and more of them will vote for Ross Perot (oops, I mean Ron Paul) when he doesn't get the GOP nomination. Thanks again. XOXO
I'm an independent and am smart enough not to vote for Obama. Any independent that pulls the lever for Obama is not thinking or is blind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies