Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2011, 08:04 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Oh, well I guess that makes it alright for the TSA to sexually assault little children, elderly, and the disabled while giving a pass to obvious Muslim passengers. It also makes it alright for them to rummage through your personal belongings shopping for items to steal or leave vulgar notes to women who have a personal sex toy in their luggage. <sarcasm>
When did a TSA officer sexually assault a child, elderly or a disabled person?

I'm starting to think that some of you are just angry about the whole concept. But, that's OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 08:04 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
First, who said that TSA officers are low-paid? Where are some of you getting this information from? I've seen that mentioned before in this thread. One person said $9 an hour.

As for the theft, I stand by the point that this is very rare considering the size of TSA. I also stand by my point that it is VERY unacceptable for any theft to be happening. However, I do not know how people can prove that TSA stole their property. Your links even mention that and how other people handle the bags.
Selective reading much? Below is a quote from the first article I linked

More than 60 TSA screeners have been arrested for theft at 30 different airports, both large and small. Some have been caught going through bags in full view of airport security cameras -- one is even seen on tape pocketing a gold bracelet.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
And they all pay union dues, hmmm..
Who ALL pays union dues?

Old 12-31-2011, 08:05 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
Quote:
Thank you! I posted my post without even seeing your question about that. I don't understand it either!

It seems that some of these folks are more upset with the U.S. agencies that try to prevent terrorist attacks than then are with the actual terrorists!

I have not seen ONE THREAD that says, "I am so mad at terrorists for trying to hurt us for no reason!" But, we see threads complaining about TSA. I couldn't live with myself knowing I was that blind and unfair.
I'm not sure how often you're on this forum but there are very extreme people here who like to rant and disregard facts. It can be frustrating but it is what it is.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
When did a TSA officer sexually assault a child, elderly or a disabled person?

I'm starting to think that some of you are just angry about the whole concept. But, that's OK.
The revised pat down is on par with sexual assault. Go grab a stranger's breast or genitals and that's sexual assault.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:

More than 60 TSA screeners have been arrested for theft at 30 different airports, both large and small. Some have been caught going through bags in full view of airport security cameras -- one is even seen on tape pocketing a gold bracelet.
I actually didn't go to the first link because it seemed like it was a video link and I try to stick with text for security reasons. But, I will check it out later. Like I said, it's unacceptable and disappointing if that really happened.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I actually didn't go to the first link because it seemed like it was a video link and I try to stick with text for security reasons. But, I will check it out later. Like I said, it's unacceptable and disappointing if that really happened.
I wonder if you'd feel the same if you weren't financially tied to the TSA.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
The revised pat down is on par with sexual assault. Go grab a stranger's breast or genitals and that's sexual assault.
What is a revised pat-down?

Once again, you all say things thinking you know what you are talking about and you don't even make sense.

You do realize that there is a law protecting a TSA officer and there is no law that allows someone to touch a stranger? Also, I don't recall a TSA officer being able to "grab" anyone's breast or genitals. That's another place where you are wrong.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:09 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
Quote:

Yes, yes TSA screeners are the only people that steal and they only steal because they work for TSA. You're on to something sir.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I wonder if you'd feel the same if you weren't financially tied to the TSA.
What are you talking about? Did you even read what I posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies