Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 08:09 PM

521 posts, read 466,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
No, you started the thread to probably incite a flame war between states. Also I have relatives in Georgia and my dad hunts with people from Tennesse. You compare southern cuisine with that of NYC. NYC's food is so diverse, tasty and good you can't even compare the two.

Enjoy eating your deep fried whatever. I'll enjoy some delicious Halal or Kebab.
Enjoy your islamic cuisine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 08:25 PM

855 posts, read 1,172,614 times
...*sigh* what's so undignified about what people eat? some people eat overly spiced veggie slop piled on spongy bread with their fingers. eww i don't like ethiopian food, but who am I to judge people who do? ya like what ya like. it's not my fancy, but whutebber...lol nothing like closed-minded progressives. <--such an oxymoron, isn't it? i'm sorry, but when it comes to preferences, nothing annoys me more than self-righteous liberals. are they really better than the guy who tries to shove the bible down people's throats? NO. they come off just as ignorant. now, after reading all this talk of shrimp and grits, I'M HUNGRY!!! and how dare ANYBODY dis my girl PAULA DEEN.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:36 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,931 times
Paula Deen's a disgrace to all humankind. Her food should be outlawed on the basis that eating it will kill you. All other reasonable cuisines including glorious Southern food such as shrimp and grits, she-crab soup and barbeque are welcomed by anyone with taste buds.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:39 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Waiter!

Another dish of that Black-eyed Pea Hummus and Arugula Smear please.
You know it is a shame that you can't give negative rep points.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:42 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
No food anywhere can compare to a New York style pizza, but that's my personal favorite.
As an ex New Yorker, I have to say NYC pizza isn't my favorite. Too thin. Chicago pizza kicks butt...the only decent thing to come from that town, IMO. Now, Buffalo chicken wings do beat anything else in the country

Old 12-28-2011, 08:45 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,177 times
I love Southern food. It is delicious...but there is some truth to it. I mean really does it take much creativity to drown something in butter, roll it around in mega-fatty batter and deep fry it, then throw some more butter, bacon, or whatever extremely horrible fattening ingredient on top of it?

Food snobbery is like anything else...A fan/critic of Jazz derides 'hip-hop' in the same way. Good Jazz requires a real talent, any fool with gold teeth and good marketing can become a rapper.

Does that mean Southern food sucks, no...Does that mean all hip-hop sucks, no...But you would never put Jay-Z in the same category as John Coltrane, just like comparing Paula Deen to the high-end chefs in New York, Chicago, etc. would be a joke. It appeals to the lower-classes plain and simple.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:17 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
NYC doesn't HAVE a cuisine...well maybe their pizza.

It does have a bunch of other regions/areas cuisine however.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:22 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,279,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
NYC doesn't HAVE a cuisine...well maybe their pizza.

It does have a bunch of other regions/areas cuisine however.
Don't forget the hot dog carts. Fine dining on the hoof.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:23 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Don't forget the hot dog carts. Fine dining on the hoof.
And those strange pretzels....

Old 12-28-2011, 09:30 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Could it be any other newspaper but The New York Times? --no--

NYT: Southern Food is Undignified | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Hipsters vs normal people:

In New York City, they eat boiled animal tongues. In the South we use our tongues for licking our fingers.

Southerners eat buttermilk biscuits and sip frosty glasses of sweet tea. New Yorkers nosh bagels and drink seltzer water.

New Yorkers eat fermented soy and tuna tartar – while folks in Tennessee eat fried catfish – with tarter sauce.
Oh shut! up! elitist twits. No one CARES what your snotty, arrogant ass thinks.

If they don't like the food, don't eat it. Others will enjoy it and continue to enjoy it for generations and don't need some dbag who is entirely too full of himself telling them what he thinks about that.

I really cannot stand snobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies