Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 09:24 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I've already shared my view on this forum

Its not my problem if you fail to comprehend
Yes, I can't comprehend why someone would make multiple posts on a thread they consider to be a troll thread, unless they were out to troll themselves. Is that the case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 09:25 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Yes, I can't comprehend why someone would make multiple posts on a thread they consider to be a troll thread, unless they were out to troll themselves. Is that the case?
Still waiting for you to tell me what the tax breaks, have to do with the decision to close stores

Old 12-29-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Still waiting for you to tell me what the tax breaks, have to do with the decision to close stores
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. I never claimed it did. That however doesn't make it a troll thread. Unless you consider anything you disagree trolling. Using your standard, the source of the story, The Chicago Tribune is a troll newspaper.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:27 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Hmmm... And yet the State of Illinois has released this alarming statistic regarding corporate income tax revenue based on all those "profits" :

State tax revenue weak in November | News-Gazette.com
Were the profits of these companies down, or were they just paying in less taxes?

Old 12-29-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
All the tax breaks in the world can't compete with slave wages in China.

These companies will take the tax breaks and move to China. So long suckers.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Exactly!!!!

Wake up people. Companies are raping America and you keep bending over!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. I never claimed it did. That however doesn't make it a troll thread. Unless you consider anything you disagree trolling. Using your standard, the source of the story, The Chicago Tribune is a troll newspaper.
So you question my statement as being accurate, but you cant dispute what I said? Thats really odd. Tell me why this non stop attack on my postings from you? One might consider this obsession of yours trollish as well.

I didnt realize I wasnt allowed to point out the flaws in the thread, because it sources the Chicago Tribune, where is that written? Because the Chicago Tribune makes some stupid statement, it shouldnt be questioned? Wow.. you have very low standards..

Old 12-29-2011, 09:32 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
Quote:
no, not really, considering you think allowing people to keep their money = a bailout. Tax increment financing has been around for a very, very long time, and is done to benefit everyone involved.
Allowing people to not pay - what they otherwise would have - is not the same thing as keeping their money. Grant you, I believe all money is our own, but if it was already allocated for taxes - but then the gov says "never mind" - that is different.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
So you question my statement as being accurate, but you cant dispute what I said? Thats really odd. Tell me why this non stop attack on my postings from you? One might consider this obsession of yours trollish as well.

I didnt realize I wasnt allowed to point out the flaws in the thread, because it sources the Chicago Tribune, where is that written? Because the Chicago Tribune makes some stupid statement, it shouldnt be questioned? Wow.. you have very low standards..
You have enough strawmen there to make a village. I fail to see how asking you questions is attacking you. You said this thread was a troll thread, I asked how is it a troll thread and i asked you why you would invest time and energy on a troll thread. Very simple questions which you are unable to answer.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Great post and a perfect example of the simpleton minds of the radical right. They can literally twist anything into a "blame Obama" or "blame the democrats" issue. It shows the mental illness of being an extreme right loon beyond any doubt.
When people use a problem for the purpose of putting blame on people they want to hate, they fail to understand the real cause of the problem and hence they also fail to find the true solution.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Allowing people to not pay - what they otherwise would have - is not the same thing as keeping their money. Grant you, I believe all money is our own, but if it was already allocated for taxes - but then the gov says "never mind" - that is different.
Money doesnt get allocated to taxes until AFTER there is a profit. Its not "allocated" until a profit happens. Clearly 100+ stores arent profitable, thus one has nothing to do with the other.
Quote:
You have enough strawmen there to make a village. I fail to see how asking you questions is attacking you. You said this thread was a troll thread, I asked how is it a troll thread and i asked you why you would invest time and energy on a troll thread. Very simple questions which you are unable to answer.
I told you how its a troll thread, because a tax break has nothing to do with a decision to close 100 stores.. Your response summarized as

but, but, but, it was in a newspaper, so it must have value

Its not my job to hold your hands and explain why this is laughable, sorry its at your expense, but I guess that was set to happen from the offset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies