Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 02:55 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Zimbochick, 1 but not 5.

Yeah, but couldn't we say the same about feeding your baby in a public restroom stall? I mean, it doesn't bother or harm the baby (just- just- just, no it doesn't!) and if we were to be honest about it, the baby might eat better with fewer distractions - both visual and auditory.

Plus, the whole bonding thing there...

Are you SURE you don't want me to leave, vamos?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Don't be silly.

Do you eat in public restrooms with people pooping, farting, and peeing next to you?

I sure don't. I must admit that in my somewhat lengthy life on various continents and in various countries, I have not seen a single person sitting down for dinner or lunch inside a public restroom. Is Texas really THAT different?

And no, I quite like your participation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Next time you are at the mall food court, take your tray into the bathroom, and tell us how much you enjoy eating your meal there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Add my voice to the choir. Go eat in a public restroom next time you're out. Preferably a gas station RR.
You have to admit, you went WAYYYYY out there with this one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 02:56 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Its not the feeding. Its the in-your-face self-righteous ego-inflating demonstration that's totally boorish.
I've gotta tell ya': I have NEVER seen anyone do that!

Never, ever - and I've been around for a while.

Does this happen to you often?

Old 12-30-2011, 02:57 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Its not the feeding. Its the in-your-face self-righteous ego-inflating demonstration that's totally boorish.
I'd say it's a pretty close race between them (if they indeed exist) and the "breastfeed in public restrooms" folks. Don't you?

Old 12-30-2011, 02:58 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
I've gotta tell ya': I have NEVER seen anyone do that!

Never, ever - and I've been around for a while.
Me neither.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:00 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I'd say it's a pretty close race between them (if they indeed exist) and the "breastfeed in public restrooms" folks. Don't you?
No. I've seen women do it discreetly; they have class.

The others; not so much.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:07 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Do you eat in public restrooms with people pooping, farting, and peeing next to you?

I sure don't. I must admit that in my somewhat lengthy life on various continents and in various countries, I have not seen a single person sitting down for dinner or lunch inside a public restroom. Is Texas really THAT different?
No, but as you said, "baby doesn't care". We as adults don't eat there because of our own adult sensibilities, which we establish as we go along. There's really nothing wrong with it, except it isn't "dignified" to do.

Would I eat in a public restroom? No. But I wouldn't eat from my mother's breast in any case. Why are we letting babies do it, hmmmmm?

Quote:
You have to admit, you went WAYYYYY out there with this one!
Yeah, but you'll notice, no one gave me a good reason why a baby can't do it. I say that puts us BACK IN THE GAME! ...until someone else calls somebody "stupid"

Old 12-30-2011, 03:09 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,380 times
Quote:
Yeah, but couldn't we say the same about feeding your baby in a public restroom stall? I mean, it doesn't bother or harm the baby (just- just- just, no it doesn't!) and if we were to be honest about it, the baby might eat better with fewer distractions - both visual and auditory.
Why would anyone want to go into a restroom for anything other than it intended purpose?? Breastfeeding is NOT one of those purposes! I don't like going into most public restrooms to pee, I HATED having to take my kids in there for them to pee... yuck! Most public restrooms are disgusting! And they are not comfortable at all to try and find a place to sit in to breastfeed.

And as far as distractions go, there's nothing worse on mother and baby than mom being uncomfortable about her surroundings.. and being in an icky, place with no comfortable seats is my definition of uncomfrotable surroundings.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
And when, pray tell, does this EVER happen? In real life?

Old 12-30-2011, 03:15 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
And when, pray tell, does this EVER happen? In real life?

Did you read to OP?

Old 12-30-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
No, but as you said, "baby doesn't care". We as adults don't eat there because of our own adult sensibilities, which we establish as we go along. There's really nothing wrong with it, except it isn't "dignified" to do.
How about all the germs of being in a public restroom? It has nothing to do with it being "undignified", it's disgusting! And uncomfortable for the mother to try and find someplace to sit. Most public restrooms don't have nice comfy couches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies