Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 05:31 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,509,244 times

Advertisements

Bush to outline aid to mortgage holders - Yahoo! News (broken link)

After reading this I have decided to get a nodoc, 100% financed, half caf, skim latte mortgage. Not pay for 90 day and have the government help guarantee my loan so I can keep my house.

Awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 05:36 AM

131 posts, read 577,580 times
Ya mean paying for other peoples bad choices doesn't make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

Old 08-31-2007, 06:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Bush's plan will not help anyone keep their home but will try to prevent the mega bankers from suffering from their bad decisions. Seems that the Bushistas have forgotten that markets have to go down in order to go up. The powers that be are just trying to arrange for everybody to get screwed but them. Nothing new.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:43 AM

Default Ben's speech.

Anyone taking bets on whether Bernake is going to have language that support a rate cuts. With this move today. I think o'l Ben going to lean towards language that does not support a cut.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
If we want to save whatever is left of our currency’s value I suggest we raise interest rate a few points and drive the speculators out of the mortgage and stock markets. Trade a short-term pain for a long-term gain. Unfortunately this would take more courage than this administration has ever shown.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:03 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
If the Fed lowers the rate in order to pump liquidity into the market and bail out some of these lending houses, doesn't this drive the value of the dollar down due to adding currency into the market?

ugh, trying to follow Bloomberg or CNBC market analysis is enough to make ones head hurt. I read the financials and it ranges from, oh everything is happy happy joy joy, just a market correction, nothing to worry about to other saying that we need to load up on silver coins, ammo, and dehydrated foods. Does anyone know with even a reasonable certainty?

Old 08-31-2007, 10:57 AM

Unhappy it a cut.

just watched the speech. Think Bernanke going to cut the 18th. We are sooooooo screwed.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:57 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Question Who- why - when ~ accontable?

Who removed the checks and balances in mortgage loans? Has anyone been held accountable? Why were loans made to people who “for their own best interest” shouldn’t have been given the loan? These are new problems that have not be here for some time so why did the system of mortgage change?

Everyone wants something better and newer but everyone shouldn’t and can’t have what they can’t afford – I’m sorry for those who got stuck in the loans but why are those who gave the loans not being held accountable?

Old 08-31-2007, 03:02 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
They are corporations (the ones giving the loans), when are they EVER held accountable by the current administration?

Old 08-31-2007, 03:09 PM

Thumbs up What a concept?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Who removed the checks and balances in mortgage loans? Has anyone been held accountable? Why were loans made to people who “for their own best interest” shouldn’t have been given the loan? These are new problems that have not be here for some time so why did the system of mortgage change?

Everyone wants something better and newer but everyone shouldn’t and can’t have what they can’t afford – I’m sorry for those who got stuck in the loans but why are those who gave the loans not being held accountable?
Banks and Mortgage companies being held accountable for making bad loans?
Hey that sound like really good concept! I wonder if the FED can do anything about it? Oh wait a minute I think the FED is going to cut interest rates the 18th. So after that, everything should be hunky dory. And we won't need to hold anybody accountable for the subprime mess because think will be running smoothly again.
OK people! Nothing to see here! Move along!

OK sarcasm off
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies