Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 05:44 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,453,111 times

Advertisements

Iranian revolutionary model influenced the Arab Spring, say analysts - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 05:45 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,722,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Unfortunately, we are the bad guys this time around and have exactly what we have coming to us when Russia, one of their allies steps in to help. Just as we would step in to help one of our allies.

Perhaps when the nukes land in our backyard, though it will be to late, many will realize the folly in everlasting "preemptive" offensive war, are forefathers warned about.
Never happen....

Old 01-03-2012, 05:48 AM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,950 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, we are the bad guys this time around and have exactly what we have coming to us when Russia, one of their allies steps in to help. Just as we would step in to help one of our allies.

Perhaps when the nukes land in our backyard, though it will be to late, many will realize the folly in everlasting "preemptive" offensive war, are forefathers warned about.

A perfect example of the diseased liberal mind which constantly roots against it's own country.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:

Our Forefather's infrastructure wasn't built on oil. They did put a part in the oath for POTUS to "preserve, protect and defend the constitution" though.

There will be no nuclear war over this. We're simply using the play book right before Iranian elections. That's when it's the best time for a revolution or the election of a reformer.

Iranians are pulling their money out of the banks, they're holding onto goods and they're trying to hedge themselves against inflation that's run rampant. Meanwhile the US is trying to cut of its source of income and Chine has decreased its Iranian oil consumption by half. The countries that are still buying oil from them are asking for discounts since Tehran is in a poor position to negotiate.

This is basically the same thing we did to the Soviet Union.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:49 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
I just resent us going to war without discussion. No; I do not want to be bullied by any country including Iran.

Operation Desert Storm, or Gulf War I, was a perfect war for us. First; we let our military do the planning and not our politicians. We had a clear goal - we accomplished the goal and we got the heck out.
Operation Desert Shield and the Afghan war are another story. Our objectives got muddled.

That is part of the problem we have right now with Iran. Without public discussion; we leave all of our decisions to our politicians that might or might not be informed. If this goes hot; how far should we go? Would we have any support? The Strait of Hormuz is only 34 miles wide at it’s narrowest point. I would presume that we would have to occupy an area of Iran that would provide security to this weak link - since almost all shipping is going to be within Iran’s missile or gun range. So; how much territory do we occupy and for how long? There could be other countries that come to the aid of Iran and how do we deal with that?

We are talking about killing thousands of people and maybe loosing some of our own - I just hope that we don’t do this lightly; without thinking it through.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:52 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
A perfect example of the diseased liberal mind which constantly roots against it's own country.
As opposed to the delusional conservative belief that the world tevolves around the US?

Old 01-03-2012, 05:57 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,191,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Operation Desert Storm, or Gulf War I, was a perfect war for us. First; we let our military do the planning and not our politicians. We had a clear goal - we accomplished the goal and we got the heck out.
Operation Desert Shield and the Afghan war are another story. Our objectives got muddled.
Desert Shield was the build-up for Desert Storm.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
We really need to concentrate on fixing our own house before we try to "reform" other people's homes. I heard of a Pentagon war game concerning the preemptive strike and landing in Iran. It did not go well for us until our "gamers" changed the rules so Iran did not fight back.

We really need to get off the Forever War kick. It is destroying our economy, our reputation and our soul. It is past time to "defend" our country by staying out of other people's fights. Let some other fool "police" the world. We cannot afford it.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
We really need to concentrate on fixing our own house before we try to "reform" other people's homes. I heard of a Pentagon war game concerning the preemptive strike and landing in Iran. It did not go well for us until our "gamers" changed the rules so Iran did not fight back.

We really need to get off the Forever War kick. It is destroying our economy, our reputation and our soul. It is past time to "defend" our country by staying out of other people's fights. Let some other fool "police" the world. We cannot afford it.
The US can't afford not to. The entire US infrastructure and lifestyle is built around oil.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:11 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,323,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I just resent us going to war without discussion. No; I do not want to be bullied by any country including Iran.

That is part of the problem we have right now with Iran. Without public discussion; we leave all of our decisions to our politicians that might or might not be informed. If this goes hot; how far should we go? Would we have any support? The Strait of Hormuz is only 34 miles wide at it’s narrowest point. I would presume that we would have to occupy an area of Iran that would provide security to this weak link - since almost all shipping is going to be within Iran’s missile or gun range. So; how much territory do we occupy and for how long? There could be other countries that come to the aid of Iran and how do we deal with that?

We are talking about killing thousands of people and maybe loosing some of our own - I just hope that we don’t do this lightly; without thinking it through.
This one could get real ugly...of all the conflicts, none worries me like this one since the days of Vietnam...

Or even Korea...cause we're talken about a nation state here with war ships, capable of launching missles, just like us...and in their back yard...

They've watched and waited, and have been building up there armerment since 1990 while we've been fighting other conflicts...

I think Iran planned this perfectly...they knw the mood of our nation, and that many are weary of war...and we just pulled out of Iraq...yep, I think they planned this perfectly by picking the best time to get bold...

And they study how politically divided we are internally, with election looming and all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies