Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:29 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Me too. But if you are going to start blaming people maybe you should list them all out. President Obama would only be a small part of the Problem.
If you are babysitting little kids and one of them breaks the precious family heirloom, who should be blamed, the kid or the "responsible" person watching the kid? Same principle. Obama is in charge, so he should be held accountable for everything that people under him do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 11:32 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,438,858 times
Default I am the real future American

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
I am young. I am conservative. I am very close to my whole family. I am a God fearing person. I couldn't care less what people do in the privacy of their own homes. I believe that anyone who becomes POTUS should respect and honor the constitution. I don't like war, but sometimes it is necessary. I pray that I am fortunate enough to get a job straight out of high school to help pay for my college education. I am completely against unions, they are as corrupt as our current government, if not more so. I don't support abortion under any circumstances. I am white, but that has nothing to do with being an American because I believe that anyone of any color can be an American as long as they were born here, or come here legally. I don't like big government, and I like my privacy. I like living in a rural area, and I can't stand suburbs.
I am the real future American. I hope that you are not threatened by me and the millions of people like me, but I couldn't care less if you are. The future that Pres. Obama has left my generation will be a hard thing to make better, but it is not impossible.

All of us are real future Americans until the future ends for each of us. You're one of 312 million. Welcome aboard.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:36 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,229 times
Quote:
I am young. I am conservative. I am very close to my whole family. I am a God fearing person. I couldn't care less what people do in the privacy of their own homes. I believe that anyone who becomes POTUS should respect and honor the constitution. I don't like war, but sometimes it is necessary. I pray that I am fortunate enough to get a job straight out of high school to help pay for my college education. I am completely against unions, they are as corrupt as our current government, if not more so. I don't support abortion under any circumstances. I am white, but that has nothing to do with being an American because I believe that anyone of any color can be an American as long as they were born here, or come here legally. I don't like big government, and I like my privacy. I like living in a rural area, and I can't stand suburbs.
I am the real future American. I hope that you are not threatened by me and the millions of people like me, but I couldn't care less if you are. The future that Pres. Obama has left my generation will be a hard thing to make better, but it is not impossible.

Great! Just what we need. Best of luck.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Ah to be 17 again and know you have the world in all its intricate wonder figured out.

A little secret, people figure out how little they know when they leave the confines of their sheltered youth.
I don't think that I have it all figured out, but I do know more about things like politics, and social issues than the typical whiners of my generation. I also know what my priorities are, and they are the same as many other Americans.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:14 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,285,776 times
Quote:
You sound more like the American from the 1950's.

Au revoir, it was nice knowing you.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
You sound more like the American from the 1950's.

Au revoir, it was nice knowing you.
Would you care to elaborate?

Old 12-30-2011, 07:38 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,816,953 times
Quote:
What are your views on gay marriage?

Old 12-30-2011, 07:45 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,003,512 times
Quote:
Unfortunately for you, societal trends and changes in the US have trailed those of Northern Europe for quite some time - and predictably so. Since Northern Europe's societal norms tend to be much more liberal and since religion has decreasing relevance in these countries, such a delayed effect would suggest that you are actually not the real future American. To be that, you would likely need to be liberal and non-religious, you'll consider abortion acceptable in certain circumstances, believe unions are a way to provide a voice for the poor/undereducated/under-represented, and you'll prefer living in an urban area - at least if we use past behavior as a predictor.

I wish I could remember the study I read. Even though I've tried to located it, I have not yet been successful in doing so.

At any rate, since America has always prided itself on uniting people of all creeds, you will fit right in - regardless of your actual beliefs.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
What are your views on gay marriage?
I don't agree with gay marriage as far as making it a religious ceremony. I do think, however, that Gay's should be able to get a civil union (as they already are). They should also be able to give their benefits and social security to anyone they chose, as well as heterosexuals.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Unfortunately for you, societal trends and changes in the US have trailed those of Northern Europe for quite some time - and predictably so. Since Northern Europe's societal norms tend to be much more liberal and since religion has decreasing relevance in these countries, such a delayed effect would suggest that you are actually not the real future American. To be that, you would likely need to be liberal and non-religious - at least if we use past behavior as a predictor.

I wish I could remember the study I read. Even though I've tried to located it, I have not yet been successful in doing so.
I think that after Obama, and most of the people under him, my generations attitude will change. Once they realize what they have done to the country, and what we must do to restore it back to it's former glory, my generation will be more like me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies