Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 10:25 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
And still, people can be excluded from plans for having a pre-existing condition within six months.
Lie, when leaving your employer, you were offered the ability to pickup the tab to make sure there was no lapse in insurance until you found a new job.
Quote:
Both things happen....why does it have to happen to you for you to see that? Ask those who have switched parties because they fell on hard times and had to change the way they view the world. Again, the OP's son tried to sign up for insurance but was denied because of a pre-existing condition. What do you suggest, that he pay thousands of dollars out of pocket for healthcare? Is that what you would do if Kaiser, Aetna or whoever turned you down, or would you pay the monthly premium and copays under this plan?
Lie again. No one filed bankruptcy because of a lack of insurance, they file bankruptcy because they get sick..

Tell me facts, whats next, you think people should have their mortgage and their car payments made for them when they get sick as well, because clearly bills dont stop coming in just because you get sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 10:25 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Both things happen....why does it have to happen to you for you to see that? Ask those who have switched parties because they fell on hard times and had to change the way they view the world. Again, the OP's son tried to sign up for insurance but was denied because of a pre-existing condition. What do you suggest, that he pay thousands of dollars out of pocket for healthcare? Is that what you would do if Kaiser, Aetna or whoever turned you down, or would you pay the monthly premium and copays under this plan?
Yes. Work out a payment plan. Pay em 20 bucks a month if that's all one can afford. Why is paying for your bills becoming some foreign concept in this country anymore??

Old 12-30-2011, 10:26 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,658 times
All insurance involves selling risk for money. It's basically a bet and it takes two people to make a bet. If an insurance company is forced to assume someone's risk against their will the end result is no longer insurance but rather (yet another) form of government enforced charity. (Well, actually it isn't charity either. Charity has to be voluntary. Let's call it what it is: A tax.)

Old 12-30-2011, 10:26 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Fact is most of the uninsured the lefties were screaming about when they forced this nonsense down everybody's throat were already eligible for programs already in place. Instead of fixing some problems that did exist they revamped the entire thing in a bill that nobody read and it's going to become a complete and utter disaster. Of course I think the goal was to force private companies out of business and force everyone to the teet of uncle sam. This mandate in 2013 to cover everybody no matter what will do exactly that.

And if you were denied insurance through your employer or elsewhere due to a pre-existing condition, would you pay thousands of dollars out of pocket - putting yourself in debt and maybe having to file for bankruptcy or would you pay this premium and copay on the government plan?

Old 12-30-2011, 10:31 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
If I had to I would. I don't expect others to pay my way. Now Obama said I wouldn't have to change my insurance if I recall so I have no worries right? LOL. You can play the ifa woulda shoulda game all day long. Of course I work for a living and save my money so to many I'm probably an idiot. Hell I should just quit my job and get on the free gravy train right?

Old 12-30-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
And if you were denied insurance through your employer or elsewhere due to a pre-existing condition, would you pay thousands of dollars out of pocket - putting yourself in debt and maybe having to file for bankruptcy or would you pay this premium and copay on the government plan?
The government plan cant exist without taxpayers paying for it.. Which brings us back tot he original statement, the OP should be thanking the taxpayers for paying for their welfare plan, or more precisely, the Chinese, for funding the continuing deficits these plans create.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Yes. Work out a payment plan. Pay em 20 bucks a month if that's all one can afford. Why is paying for your bills becoming some foreign concept in this country anymore??

Have you ever had an MRI, an ultrasound, a surgery, radiation? 20 bucks may work for a physical or some blood work but not for many other procedures and prescriptions. A payment plan is not always an option. By they way, he is paying $149/month (more than $20) - you are contradicting yourself. I know for fact, that the medical premiums that I've paid for myself and family are definitely more than what has been spent on our medical costs since we are fairly healthy. I am subsidizing those who spend more - that's because it's a pool! This is never an issue when it is through a private company, but God forbid that the goverment does something that helps Americans who are struggling or uninsured.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
If I had to I would. I don't expect others to pay my way. Now Obama said I wouldn't have to change my insurance if I recall so I have no worries right? LOL. You can play the ifa woulda shoulda game all day long. Of course I work for a living and save my money so to many I'm probably an idiot. Hell I should just quit my job and get on the free gravy train right?

You don't have to change your insurance - neither would the person described in the OP if he didn't have a pre-existing condition. I work and save my money as well, but medical costs can exceed hundreds of thousands of dollars in some cases. I guess you would choose death if you couldn't afford to pay. Maybe you'd do the same for your children (if you have them) or spouse, but a lot of people would put all the BS and hatred for Obama to the side and get on the plan if they had to.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The government plan cant exist without taxpayers paying for it.. Which brings us back tot he original statement, the OP should be thanking the taxpayers for paying for their welfare plan, or more precisely, the Chinese, for funding the continuing deficits these plans create.

Okay and all those on UHC who have had life-threatening illnesses or expensive emergency surgeries should be thanking people like me who have never had any major medical issues and faithfully pay my premium for subsidizing thier health care costs. All of those on Medicare should do the same.

For those who don't get it UHC is United Healthcare!

Old 12-30-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Okay and all those on UHC who have had life-threatening illnesses or expensive emergency surgeries should be thanking people like me who have never had any major medical issues and faithfully pay my premium for subsidizing thier health care costs. All of those on Medicare should do the same.
Wrong.. its illegal to deny an individual care for life threatening proceedures, and there is no UHC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies