U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2007, 09:25 AM

7,805 posts, read 17,571,559 times

Advertisements

First, let me say that I don't condone the behaviour of Michael Vick although I am a fan of Michael Vick as a great athlete. I think he's getting his just desserts for the killing and the inhumane treatment of the dogs in the whole dog fighting operation.

Now let's step it up a notch and consider the Iraq war. Is it inaccurrate to say that this is human fighting? Where is PETH ( People for the Ethical Treatment of Humans ) when you need them? Why is it that Bush, Cheney, Rove, and every congressional member ( Hillary included ) who voted for the war are not having criminal charges leveled against them like Michael Vick? IMO, the crimes commited by this band of outlaws far outweighs the crime of Michael Vick, yet all of these outlaws get to keep their high paying jobs and few of them are likely to ever see the inside of a prison.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 08-31-2007 at 09:43 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 10:25 AM

8,973 posts, read 15,406,462 times
I agree 100%---The problem is, what can be done about it?. You've only pointed out the never-ending inconsistencies in human behavior, and the enormous ironies around us. It's interesting that some of the most strident, unforgiving people on earth are those who preach "tolerance". And of course, there's nothing like blowing a few people out of bed at night to remind them just how much you care about them. It's like saying, "we're going to bring you Democracy and peace if we have to KILL you to do it !!"

This is why I like to think there's intelligent life on other worlds. Surely what we see HERE can't be the best that God can do....there MUST be something better out there somewhere...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies