Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 06:24 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times

Advertisements

Liberals are all for raising the minimum wage, and some of us Conservatives are for it also.

But have the Liberals deliberately ignored the fact that we have 12- 20 million Illegals here and that many of them will work for far less?

Yes the same Illegals and the traitorious companies that hire the, yes the same ones that several states like Georgia and Arizona are trying to hold accountable.

The very same states that your Liberal Messiah Obama is SUING to protect Illegal Aliens and their employers from US laws.

By running interference for the Illegal aliens , Obama is costing Americans work.

In short You cannot sensibly support Illegal aliens working here AND realistically expect minimium wage increases at the same time, when a blind eye is turned to employers illegally hiring them, can you???

Also protected are the same slumlords ion the cities that rent to Illegals and shove 5- 6 families in a single family home for top dollar.

Illegal immigration and Obama's blatant Hispandering impacts not only American worker's wages, job opportunities, infrastructure.

It also impacts the very UNREALISTIC idea that companies will not employ even greater numbers of them if minimum wage is raised , while workplace enforcement is ignored.

I realize that I could have posted this elsewhere , but I chose P & C as that's where the minimum wage issue is most often addressed. So that's why this question is pose here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 06:49 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Seems the only ones ranting about the min wage is the wingnuts seeking to do away with it in a sinister reverse class warfare move. Not sure why they feel everyone shouldn't be paid a living wage.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:53 PM

I don't agree with their bloated salaries, but have you considered the even greater profit margin these CEO's and companies make when they employ Illegal aliens at sub standard wages, no benefits, worker's comp or retirement ?

Agri business makes billions by ignoring wage, health, enviormental and most of all LABOR laws by hiring them at the expense of out of work Americans and the tax payers.

What good are laws if they are not enforced ?

I agree that the top make undeserved and obscene wages, the solution needs to be worked from every angle or it won't work.

By having undocumented and ILLEGAL labor you are giving these employers an out/loophole to not even pay the minimum wages we have now.

What good would trying to raise the minimum wage we have if even more employers go the illegal route without being held accountable ???

I'll tell you what will happen, more employed illegal aliens and less employed LEGAL immigrants and Americans.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:55 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Liberals are all for raising the minimum wage, and some of us Conservatives are for it also.

But have the Liberals deliberately ignored the fact that we have 12- 20 million Illegals here and that many of them will work for far less?

Yes the same Illegals and the traitorious companies that hire the, yes the same ones that several states like Georgia and Arizona are trying to hold accountable.

The very same states that your Liberal Messiah Obama is SUING to protect Illegal Aliens and their employers from US laws.

By running interference for the Illegal aliens , Obama is costing Americans work.

In short You cannot sensibly support Illegal aliens working here AND realistically expect minimium wage increases at the same time, when a blind eye is turned to employers illegally hiring them, can you???

Also protected are the same slumlords ion the cities that rent to Illegals and shove 5- 6 families in a single family home for top dollar.

Illegal immigration and Obama's blatant Hispandering impacts not only American worker's wages, job opportunities, infrastructure.

It also impacts the very UNREALISTIC idea that companies will not employ even greater numbers of them if minimum wage is raised , while workplace enforcement is ignored.

I realize that I could have posted this elsewhere , but I chose P & C as that's where the minimum wage issue is most often addressed. So that's why this question is pose here.
You don't look at this issue the same way I do, and I am a liberal.

The issue I have with these immigration laws isn't the fact that they are trying to deport people. It is the fact that these immigration laws as written give police officers too much opportunity to hassle legal citizens of the United States.

What you and many conservatives fail to understand is that Obama is protecting the rights of U.S. citizens.

Also, it is quite disingenuous of you to accuse liberals of deliberately ignoring a situation when conservatives deliberately take advantage of the situation.

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

There there, there there, relax and find something else to do for a while.

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Funny how the millionaires and billionaires of this country would scream about a max income cap employ one with their, football, basketball, and baseball leagues. Don't most leagues cap team and or player salaries and impose a stiff "tax" on abusers? Just saying.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
You don't look at this issue the same way I do, and I am a liberal.

The issue I have with these immigration laws isn't the fact that they are trying to deport people. It is the fact that these immigration laws as written give police officers too much opportunity to hassle legal citizens of the United States.

What you and many conservatives fail to understand is that Obama is protecting the rights of U.S. citizens.

Also, it is quite disingenuous of you to accuse liberals of deliberately ignoring a situation when conservatives deliberately take advantage of the situation.
Well the laws wouldn't be NEEDED if the ones we already have were enforced. Which Obama has chosen to ignore.

You are wrong about me holding Liberals only accountable, as I've held Conservatives accountable also.

Which is why Gingrich is totally wrong on his stance on this issue and you can add GW Bush and Perry to that also.

Any solutions that only deal with half of the problem won't work.

Reagan's Amnesty is proof of that failure.

It makes NO sense to have labor laws that only apply for Americans and LEGAL immigrants while turning a blind eye to illegals, it won't work.

And that is the issue at hand here , selective enforcement.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:20 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Move this trolling to the IE forum.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Move this trolling to the IE forum.
Wrong again !!! Try taking your own advice.

Bottom line is that you can't expect economic equility when you allow another country's poverty to be imported in.

Or would you disagree?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies