Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 07:45 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Did you know that John Maynard Keynes was a venomous anti-Semite who could have given Richard Wagner a run for his money? Me neither. Yet the evidence has been out there for decades. Here are a couple of extracts from his writings, courtesy of Chris Dillow via Clive Davis's Spectator blog (http://www.spectator.co.uk/clivedavis/3274946/keynes-antisemitism.thtml - broken link):
[Jews] have in them deep-rooted instincts that are antagonistic and therefore repulsive to the European, and their presence among us is a living example of the insurmountable difficulties that exist in merging race characteristics, in making cats love dogs …
It is not agreeable to see civilization so under the ugly thumbs of its impure Jews who have all the money and the power and brains.
John Maynard Keynes on 'repulsive', 'impure', 'ugly' Jews – Telegraph Blogs

If Ron Paul is to be condemned for racism, should Keynes be given a free pass? Should his supporters, such as Thomas Friedman be exempt from criticism?

And if not, why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 08:51 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,922 times
Everybody hated the Jews in the early twentieth century.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post

If Ron Paul is to be condemned for racism, should Keynes be given a free pass? Should his supporters, such as Thomas Friedman be exempt from criticism?

And if not, why not?

Old 12-30-2011, 09:01 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:

And if not, why not?
Is Keynes running for President?

Who promotes him? We discuss his theories economics, not the man.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:

And if not, why not?
You really don't wanna go there, believe me. If you want to pick out Jew haters from American history, you'll have to change your opinion about lots of people you admire.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:06 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Here is what Christopher Columbus wrote about the Jews

YOUR HIGHNESSES, as Catholic Christians and Princes who love the holy Christian faith, and the propagation of it, and who are enemies to the sect of Mahoma [Islam] and to all idolatries and heresies, resolved to send me, Cristóbal Colon, to the said parts of India to see the said princes ... with a view that they might be converted to our holy faith .... Thus, after having turned out all the Jews from all your kingdoms and lordships ... your Highnesses gave orders to me that with a sufficient fleet I should go to the said parts of India .... I shall forget sleep, and shall work at the business of navigation, so that the service is performed." [3]

So am I to understand that the World is now flat since CC kicked some Jews out of Spain?

Old 12-31-2011, 10:44 AM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Anyone here drive a Ford? Because damn, that Henry Ford had a thing or two against Jews, even got a nice Nazi medal for his efforts.

Oh, and constance? Stormfront is over in that direction, don't let the door hit you on way, there's a good girl.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:46 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by constanceb21 View Post
Maybe we should research why the Jews have been kicked out of everywhere they go, must be as Abe Foxman snivels "anti-Semitic canards".

I'm sure it has nothing to do with their behavior which has caused it to happen over, over and over again.
And here comes the storm front.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:35 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by constanceb21 View Post
Maybe we should research why the Jews have been kicked out of everywhere they go, must be as Abe Foxman snivels "anti-Semitic canards".

I'm sure it has nothing to do with their behavior which has caused it to happen over, over and over again.
How that polio, dude?

Old 12-31-2011, 03:00 PM

9 posts, read 15,037 times
In Keynes day, racism/prejudice was the norm.

Whilst anybody can hold any opinion they want, context is key. If these racist writings are true, then Paul will be looking to be President of a country in which egalitarianism is the norm, whether racially, sexually, etc. He cannot, again if the writings are true, seek such a position without questions being asked. It's similar in a way to Obama and the Reverend Wright thing, a racist cannot be President in modern day society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies