Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 02:51 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax
Were you homeschooled?
I do think HOME SCHOOLING is the BEST way these days!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 03:03 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
I have never taught my children to hate... My major objection is, that I don't believe it is the public schools place to teach children anything dealing with sexuality. That is the place of parents.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:15 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
yes mods need to lock this thread down now
Is that because the anti-gay zealots have been roundly shown to be embarrassingly ignorant?

Old 01-06-2012, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Santorum says yes.

Rick Santorum - Gay People should stop being gay - YouTube
Santorum froths at the mouth every time he mentions the word 'gay'.

Santorum

Old 01-06-2012, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I do think HOME SCHOOLING is the BEST way these days!
For some people - I guess that's the only way they can maintain really ignorant prejudiced beliefs.

Home schooled - YouTube

Old 01-06-2012, 05:25 AM

11,755 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And you could also include the whole story: Early in 1944 a suspicion arose that he might have been the man responsible for molesting schoolboys at the main public library in Luton, a large industrial town not far from Bletchley.
So the fact that the great majority of child molesters are heterosexual is nothing to you, I guess?

Old 01-06-2012, 06:25 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
A person is gay by CHOICE period...just like it's my choice to be hetrosexual...period...it has nothing to do with the on the job experience I have, has nothing to do with my imposition on you....or anyone else...doesn't suggest that I'm going to be a bad person, bad worker, bad influence...it's my choice, and it is a very personal choice, between myself and my God. It's no one else's business what I do in the bedroom, and if I choose to have sex with two other men, or have 3 husbands, it's my life, my business....

I'm a great cook, with a great personality, sense of humor, very dedicated friend, mother, family member....I'll give you the shirt off my back, if you need it....and I respect the fact that we're all different, all with our different cultures...but to hate someone, or fear them, b/c they have a different sexual prefrence is just down right primitive...which is what religion does, it's controlling and stagnates growth...

Believe what you want to believe, fine, you dislike the life styles of gays, that your peroggative, however, don't project that on me...or expect a law to be organized in favor of your belief....in the stead respect the privet lives of people and stay out of it, and enjoy them for who they are, the respect they show you...if they try and harm you or touch you in any way, then you have a right to cry foul play...but until then, stay out of they're lives and take care of your own. Get your own house in order before you go off trying to take care of someone else's home.

Good God, I have two girlfriends who are gay and love each other dearly, they are more then an asset to our communty, and do more then most others in our neighborhood. They possess respect for the lives of others, and for the personal space of others, and I'd rather spend time with them, then my own family, b/c they're fun, they don't gossip, they look for the positive in life, and own a lot more common sense then most people I work with...not to mention are polite and caring about others...

yanno, there are a whole lot of gay relationships out there that do work...and are good relationships...but in a hetrosexual relationship, you people don't care about the husband who beats his wife and kids, or the husband that sexually abuses his kids...it's a real sick world we live in...when you concern yourselves more about the gays then you do about the real issues at hand.

I don't give a darn what they do in bed...to me, they are people, not gay, but human freakin beings...and a lot more responsible, and giving then most people I know, and are having a hard time making it financially, however, they won't sign up for welfare, like a lot of people do and abuse the system....they are committed to they're families, and to the community...but they're freakin gay...SO WHAT...they are not hurting anyone, and least of all would they even consider hurting a child or making a child believe it's better to be gay...

I don't know what you people are afraid of....maybe your own sexuality????? But leave the gays alone...for crying out loud, and lets get down to some real business at hand, like our failing economy....

No one teaches a kid to be gay, a kid chooses, for him/herself...

Last edited by cremebrulee; 01-06-2012 at 06:33 AM..

Old 01-06-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
A person is gay by CHOICE period...just like it's my choice to be hetrosexual...period....
I'm confused.

What were you before you chose to be heterosexual?

Old 01-06-2012, 09:03 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
A person is gay by CHOICE period...just like it's my choice to be hetrosexual...period...it has nothing to do with the on the job experience I have, has nothing to do with my imposition on you....or anyone else...doesn't suggest that I'm going to be a bad person, bad worker, bad influence...it's my choice, and it is a very personal choice, between myself and my God. It's no one else's business what I do in the bedroom, and if I choose to have sex with two other men, or have 3 husbands, it's my life, my business....

I'm a great cook, with a great personality, sense of humor, very dedicated friend, mother, family member....I'll give you the shirt off my back, if you need it....and I respect the fact that we're all different, all with our different cultures...but to hate someone, or fear them, b/c they have a different sexual prefrence is just down right primitive...which is what religion does, it's controlling and stagnates growth...

Believe what you want to believe, fine, you dislike the life styles of gays, that your peroggative, however, don't project that on me...or expect a law to be organized in favor of your belief....in the stead respect the privet lives of people and stay out of it, and enjoy them for who they are, the respect they show you...if they try and harm you or touch you in any way, then you have a right to cry foul play...but until then, stay out of they're lives and take care of your own. Get your own house in order before you go off trying to take care of someone else's home.

Good God, I have two girlfriends who are gay and love each other dearly, they are more then an asset to our communty, and do more then most others in our neighborhood. They possess respect for the lives of others, and for the personal space of others, and I'd rather spend time with them, then my own family, b/c they're fun, they don't gossip, they look for the positive in life, and own a lot more common sense then most people I work with...not to mention are polite and caring about others...

yanno, there are a whole lot of gay relationships out there that do work...and are good relationships...but in a hetrosexual relationship, you people don't care about the husband who beats his wife and kids, or the husband that sexually abuses his kids...it's a real sick world we live in...when you concern yourselves more about the gays then you do about the real issues at hand.

I don't give a darn what they do in bed...to me, they are people, not gay, but human freakin beings...and a lot more responsible, and giving then most people I know, and are having a hard time making it financially, however, they won't sign up for welfare, like a lot of people do and abuse the system....they are committed to they're families, and to the community...but they're freakin gay...SO WHAT...they are not hurting anyone, and least of all would they even consider hurting a child or making a child believe it's better to be gay...

I don't know what you people are afraid of....maybe your own sexuality????? But leave the gays alone...for crying out loud, and lets get down to some real business at hand, like our failing economy....

No one teaches a kid to be gay, a kid chooses, for him/herself...

EPIC fail. you're talking to FIRST HAND PROOF that you're incorrect. an UNCHOSEN GAY PERSON. and no i did NOT 'choose' to be gay, i actually had a hard time DEALING with the FACT that i was gay. you don't have hard times dealing with choices, you just make another choice.

again, how can you say something when proof is in front of you for you and others too see.

you've made an EPIC FOOL of yourself.

Basically you're not interested in the 'truth' you've PROVEN that with proof proving you wrong, you're interested in your CHOSEN PROVEN WRONG AGENDA

Old 01-06-2012, 09:06 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,138,652 times
I don't think the schools should get involved with this. I think it only should be up to the parents, and only when the kid asks about sex in general and the parent feels that they're old enough to hear about it - perhaps at puberty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies