Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 09:02 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
Do you feel that it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural? Teachers, Parents... people with authority over children
No I do not.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 09:05 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
You omitted the explanation of how being homosexual is like robbing a bank.

The comparison is really not that hard to figure out. As one of my teachers used to say, put your thinking cap on.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:09 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
You might want to explore why parents have a right to control what their kids learn and think. If you have the right to teach your kid anything you want aren't you doing them a disservice? If you believe that the earth is 6000 years old, whites are the master race and all other races are inferior, do you feel your kids will be well served by not hearing alternative views? Isn't it better to expose your kids to a wide variety of views and allow them to develop their minds?

Apparently you don't have confidence in the strength of your own beliefs if you think exposure to alternative beliefs might sway your kids away from the echo chamber you have created for them...
I didn't say control, I said pass on, children learn all through out life, they will develop their own opinions as they grow, school are there to educate not to push an opinion. Apparently you don't comprehend very well.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:01 AM

434 posts, read 684,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
The comparison is really not that hard to figure out. As one of my teachers used to say, put your thinking cap on.
Robbing a bank is illegal. Being homosexual is not.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:02 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
It is for my kid.

If you want to teach your kid to hate, knock yourself out, it's a fee country.
What does thinking homosexuality is not natural have to do with hate???

Old 03-04-2012, 10:12 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
What does thinking homosexuality is not natural have to do with hate???
They generally go hand-in-hand.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:26 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I didn't say control, I said pass on, children learn all through out life, they will develop their own opinions as they grow, school are there to educate not to push an opinion. Apparently you don't comprehend very well.
Oh, I understand more than you think. You mean you believe you need to get to them first and instill your prejudices and biases before they are exposed to the real world. Making certain that they carry on your beliefs. Time people like you expand your horizons, you are not any better than anyone else on this planet.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:29 AM

125 posts, read 198,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
It is for my kid.

If you want to teach your kid to hate, knock yourself out, it's a fee country.
That was not the question.
The question is do you believe it is normal or abnormal to be homosexual.

If your child had dyslexia, would you just not do anything to correct it and tell them that it is just a normal thing to have dyslexia? Or would you try to fix it. It has nothing to do with if you would teach them to hate people with dyslexia.

That is the question being asked with homosexuality.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:30 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
They generally go hand-in-hand.
They really don't....

Disagreement and intolerance are two different things...

Old 03-04-2012, 10:39 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
They really don't....

Disagreement and intolerance are two different things...
Oh please. How is "disagreeing" with me - and I'm not talking about "disagreeing" with me in the sense of disagreeing with a position I hold, or an opinion I have - but actually "disagreeing" with ME: "disagreeing" with my existence, my humanity, the core component of my being that dictates how I form intimate relationships with other human beings - not hate?

Telling a gay person you "disagree" with homosexuality is similar to telling a black person you "disagree" with black skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies