Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 07:08 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times

Advertisements

Teachers have no business telling children such things.

It is the parents job

I will tell my daughter to accept people for who they are. I will not tell her she will be going to hell for accepting the ones who are not like her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 07:05 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It would be wise for you all to study evolutionary biology before making stupid remarks like the above.

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study - Telegraph

However, in the latest study the authors claim the phenomenon is not only widespread but part of a necessary biological adaptation for the survival of the species.

Homosexuals existing in a population actually increases survival of the species, not hinders it.
Post all the links you like, but if it becomes common for the male badger or snowy owl to stop mating, they will be doomed to die out as a species.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:18 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
It's a good thing it's not the most common "condition" then. Homosexuality is still both normal and natural though.
No, it's an abnormal state. It's abnormal for any species of mammal to shun the opposite sex. The single most important function of any mammal is to reproduce and perpetuate the species. Even if it became common for human babies to be born with spina bifida, it does not make that deformity a "normal" condition for humans, it only makes it a common abnormality.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:44 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
No, it's an abnormal state. It's abnormal for any species of mammal to shun the opposite sex. The single most important function of any mammal is to reproduce and perpetuate the species. Even if it became common for human babies to be born with spina bifida, it does not make that deformity a "normal" condition for humans, it only makes it a common abnormality.
This is a naive understanding of biology (particularly population biology and population genetics). Essentially every higher animal species, including mammals, has within any population a non-reproductive segment. That doesn't mean that sub-population is abnormal or suffering from a detrimental disorder. Challenge yourself and try to think of some reasons why such a non-reproductive sub-population could biologically benefit a population.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:48 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
You're now telling me that you're not homosexual? And pigs might fly
You're proving my point. You do care... heck you would go overboard to assume that people who don't care or worry about others are always gays.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:07 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Post all the links you like, but if it becomes common for the male badger or snowy owl to stop mating, they will be doomed to die out as a species.
Good thing evolution has kept the numbers of gay humans at a relatively consistent amount for all of human history.

I will also point out to you the obvious, being gay doesn't make one sterile or unable to reproduce. Countless gay men have had sex with women, especially during their in the closet years. If the species were on the verge of extinction, gay men and women could certainly keep the population going.

This "gays will make the species go extinct argument" is patently stupid.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:11 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Good thing evolution has kept the numbers of gay humans at a relatively consistent amount for all of human history.

I will also point out to you the obvious, being gay doesn't make one sterile or unable to reproduce. Countless gay men have had sex with women, especially during their in the closet years. If the species were on the verge of extinction, gay men and women could certainly keep the population going.
This "gays will make the species go extinct argument" is patently stupid.
Funny, it is usually the religious fanatics that end up going extinct.

Branch Davidians, thinking your religion has a higher authority than the government has consequences.

Peoples Temple, cults are a dangerous thing, blindly following the suggestions of a cult leader can be deadly.

Shakers dying off because of they're strict believers in celibacy.

The Church of Euthanasia, dying off for obvious reasons. Church of Euthanasia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-08-2012, 01:18 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,635,068 times
my 3 sons and my 12 nieces and nephews have NO problem with it. neither do their friends.

it is the year 2012, gay people have been around since the stone age, this shouldnt even have to be discussed anymore.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:58 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
I flip flop back and forth on this one. I have gay friends and family members and I like seeing them treated well. On the other hand you have the situation where a GLBT agenda is being pushed at a younger and younger age. Pre-pubesant children are impressionable and I really would not want to see my 12 year old niece exploring her sexuality with another girl because it being promoted as healthy and "normal". Once their of age have at it!

Old 03-24-2012, 07:14 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,217,839 times
Homosexuality is a perversion. Why would anyone try to tell children, those who are most vulnerable to propaganda, that it was normal? A man is made for a woman and vice versa. A man's body works with a woman's body to produce children. This is God's design as it is intended.

Anyone that says otherwise is a brainwashed sheep, in my opinion.

I have nothing else to add. It is what it is. I will not respond to any comments about this issue, considering how absolute and forthright it is. If you find yourself deluded by cultural marxist insanity, that's not my problem. Consider yourself living in a time when humanity will look back and scratch their heads, thinking, "these people thought homosexuality was natural"? It's that bizarre, and you're along for the ride, the victim of intense propaganda that was piped into your brain by way of academia and the media. That's all I have to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies