Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 04:21 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times

Advertisements

The only thing we should be teaching our kids about homosexuals it to scorn, shame, and ridicule them so that perhaps they'll make the choice to give up their homosexuality and follow God's path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 04:46 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,247,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The only thing we should be teaching our kids about homosexuals it to scorn, shame, and ridicule them so that perhaps they'll make the choice to give up their homosexuality and follow God's path.
If your god wants you to do such a thing, I sure hope I never ever meet this assh** of a god.

I sure hope you get the same treatment as you are wishing upon others. You deserve it!

Old 03-27-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
No human being is born "gay" ... At some point in time.. they were influenced and ... THEY MADE A CHOICE.

Don't dare blame God - but once your conscience is destroyed it is impossible for you to create a new one.

He (God) has to do that. King David prayed for a new one... Psalm 51

Remember (david) was guilty of killing a man so he could hide the fact (david) got that man's wife pregnant.

Yet the Lord says... King David was the apple of HIS EYE. David had lots of faults as we all do.

How can you possibly understand something you have never even taken the time to read.???
WRONG!
It is a proven fact that some people are born gay. There is no way you can prove me wrong.
I have read your story book, and that is all it is...stories.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:06 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Which God: Thor, God, Alah, Zeus? Theres a bunch of them?
If there is a God of love and you really believe in Jesus you would want to pray and love the Gay away anyway. Or maybe Jesus would condone beating up and abusing Gays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
WRONG!
It is a proven fact that some people are born gay. There is no way you can prove me wrong.
I have read your story book, and that is all it is...stories.
That's the standard party line. A friend of mine who was convinced she was a died in the wool born Lesbian was 100% certain she was not Straight is now living happily with a man. I would say she was always Bisexual and got caught up in the Whole conversion of the "We are Lesbian only movement" when she was young. Haven't seen it so much in the Gay community but I'm sure it happens there too.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:08 PM

That is why I said "some people". Not all.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:22 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,785,487 times
Quote:
The only thing we should be teaching our kids about homosexuals it to scorn, shame, and ridicule them so that perhaps they'lfollow God's path.
We should be teaching God's word - Nothing more.

That's what I did for my four sons. I taught them, morning noon & night for years.

Don't ever lie, don't ever cheat; don't ever steal..Because it is PROMISED that if you do such things; - you will have turmoil in your life.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:27 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
We should be teaching God's word - Nothing more.

That's what I did for my four sons. I taught them, morning noon & night for years.

Don't ever lie, don't ever cheat; don't ever steal..Because it is PROMISED that if you do such things; - you will have turmoil in your life.
God hates homosexuals. I teach my kids to hate whom God hates.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:44 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,785,487 times
That is where you are WRONG!!

Your distotred views & perceptions are harmful to say the very least.

God merely expresses HIS feelings about this particular SIN. HE WILL LOVE THE SINNER & grant them eternal life when they "repent" (change their mind).

We are never told to believe in God - He makes thousands of promises of what will happpen when we do believe. God wants HIS CHILDREN to OBEY HIM

It doesn't matter how much wrong any person has done in the past; Manassa was 10 times worse than Hitler could ever achieve. Yet God forgave him once Manassa 'changed his mind. THEN and ONLY THEN will the person's ACTIONS change. It all begins in the Mind.

Prove to me you have a 'mind' or a 'spiritual heart" neither can be seen or measured except through God's Word.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:48 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
I'm sure it's been brought up in the 177 pages of this thread, but I'll just throw in my two cents. In all my years of following what it probably the least worthy major political debate in American History, no one has ever sufficiently explained to me how something that occurs so pervasively throughout nature can be unnatural. In the end, they always just circle back to some religious argument, and usually not a very good one at that.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:59 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
IN other words you want to HEAR reasons that justify your point of view just as long as God is kept out of this.
I'm challenging you for objective reasons that justify your point of view. But clearly, you have absolutely zero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies