Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 11:02 AM

499 posts, read 580,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
More so than teaching kids homosexuality is normal, teachers, parents and ALL people should be teaching kids tolerance and to accept others as they are. Whether they are gay, another race, have pink hair, tattoos etc...people are people and accept them for who they are.
Tell me why do homosexuals constantly push their sexuality in hetrosexuals faces? I don't give a damn whether they are homosexual or hetrosexual quite honestly. We don't have parades flaunting hetrosexuality so why should homosexuals flaunt it? Their sexuality is a private thing, why can't they keep it like that? Doesn't it enter their tiny minds that the rest of the world just isn't interested?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 11:09 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Without invoking your Bible - which holds no influence over me whatsoever (or our secular laws) - explain to me why my homosexuality, my loving another man and him loving me back, is "sinful." Why is it wrong? What harm does it cause?
It is unnatural. And promoting homosexuality as normal is even more sin upon sin.

It is a choice. Either walk in the flesh or in the spirit of God .

All sinners are walking in condemnation. The word is clear. God has sent his son Jesus who overcame all sin and we who are sinners make that choice to repent and walk in the spirit and have eternal life in Christ.

I do not condemn you. Jesus did not condemn you. It is the sin that separates us from God . God's love for all sinners will stand for he has created us.

God is a God of love . This life is a like the flicker of a candle compared to all eternity. It passes quickly.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:10 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is unnatural. And promoting homosexuality as normal is even more sin upon sin.

All sinners are walking in condemnation. The word is clear. God has sent his son Jesus who overcame all sin and we who are sinners make that choice to repent and walk in the spirit and have eternal life in Christ.

I do not condemn you. Jesus did not condemn you. It is the sin that separates us from God . God's love for all sinners will stand for he has created us.

God is a God of love . This life is a like the flicker of a candle compared to all eternity. It passes quickly.

If asked if you could do so without invoking your Bible. Clearly you cannot.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:15 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
We don't have parades flaunting hetrosexuality so why should homosexuals flaunt it? :
Yes they do. It's called Mardi Gras, Spring Break, etc. Or any Friday/Saturday night at your local hook up bar will have the same affect. Or a locker room, or the military, etc.

You don't realize that heterosexuality is in your face 24/7 because it's so common it doesn't register.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Be not fooled. It was Gandhi who said "Hate the sin, love the sinner" not the Bible.

As for the story of Sodom - they weren't homosexuals. They were straight men intent on raping strangers. I guess you still haven't read Judges 19 and the story of the Levite stranger?

Here you go:

Judges 19 ESV - A Levite and His Concubine - In those - Bible Gateway
Do you realize that in the old testament they were sinners who needed to give a sacrifice in the temple ? It is the history of man and God and that sin was apart of man since the fall of Adam and Eve.

Jesus was the final sacrifice for sinful man. Jesus overcame sin on the cross for all who accept him as their Savior.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I have read the bible. It seems you missed a lot of what God says about sin.
Sorry, I don't believe you. I have never met a Fundamentalist who understands the Bible.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
If asked if you could do so without invoking your Bible. Clearly you cannot.
I can. It is unnatural to those who have common sense. To have sex with a body part that is to be used to eliminate waste from the body is unnatural.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
It's not unnatural, since it's found throughout nature. Apparently you can't even grasp the English language, let alone Hebrew or Greek. If God opposed gays so much, perhaps he shouldn't have created over 1000 animals who readily engage in same-sex behavior. Part of God's design, animals prove it.

Quote:
Being gay is not a choice. If it were, you would be able to turn gay for a day, and then turn back to straight. I guarantee you can't do that. By the way, when did you choose to be straight? Please describe in detail the mental process and decision making you went through to decide to be straight.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Sorry, I don't believe you. I have never met a Fundamentalist who understands the Bible.
You don't believe God , why should I think you would believe me.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I can. It is unnatural to those who have common sense. To have sex with a body part that is to be used to eliminate waste from the body is unnatural.
More heterosexuals engage in that form of sex than gays do. Why do I not see you throwing constant attacks at those deviant, disgusting heterosexuals? All you criticize are gays who are much less guilty of that "sin" than straights.

And FYI, being gay isn't all about sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies