Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:54 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I may be tired but I still know what it is and what it does which you do not, always fall back to spelling when I kick your arse LOL so second grade of you. I must have gotten to you since you went back almost 4 monthes to show me I misspelled a word
Are you always this confused? I knew I'd never posted anything about the functions of "prostates and c-lits" as you falsely claimed, so I did a 5 second search and found that post where you couldn't even spell the word 4 mths ago.

What makes you claim I don't know the functions of a prostate or a clitoris? Other than confusing me for another poster.

And why are you so obsessed with sex and sex organs anyway?

Last edited by Ceist; 01-02-2012 at 12:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Indoctrinating them with religious fundamentalism, including a complete lack of understanding of what the Bible really says - and a lack of scientific knowledge? Yes, I agree that will send their lives into turmoil.

Where did you find that piece of garbage? I'm not surprised you didn't include a link, since it's probably from a fundie group with no proof to back their ridiculous claims. I don't know a SINGLE homosexual who'd support such a law, and I've lived in the San Francisco area for most of my life... so if it's not a popular idea here, I doubt it's popular among any significant portion of the gay community as a whole. Nice try.
Yech. I feel a little ill when people regurgitate vile hate/fear-mongering propaganda like that.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:03 PM

144 posts, read 270,502 times
I wonder if those people who teach that homosexuality is evil what would happen if one their children was gay? After hearing your hate speech, they may dislike themselves even more. Even worse, they may turn to a life of drugs or enter into unhealthy relationships because the ones closest to them see them as abnormal and they feel worthless. Remember, children hear everything.

One of my closest friends killed himself because his father basically disowned him after he came out and classmates constantly made fun of him. They probably learned it was ok shun gay people, just like their parents did.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Because 99% of gay people actually have zero intention of pushing NAMBLA's agenda. That's why.

I'm gay. My girlfriend is gay. A lot of my friends are gay. There are a lot of gay people in my town. I have yet to meet one that supports NAMBLA.
That's because NAMBLA isn't, and has never been, a 'gay' group. It's a pedophile/hebephile group which tried to align itself with the gay rights movement despite all the mainstream gay organizations rejecting them. It is largely extinct.... except for repeated mentions on anti-gay propaganda websites.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I think at this point Jaymax must have it saved on her desktop to copy-paste onto CD because the need arises so often. Lol.
It sure does. I must have posted the quotes and direct links to those Journal articles and studies at least 20 times on CD. I doubt the anti-gay zealots would ever read them though. Or can tell the difference between a legitimate article from a reputable peer-reviewed Journal and the lies and distortions of an anti-gay propaganda piece from some religious anti-gay website. One poster even claimed they were all from "gay publications".

Please feel free to repost them whenever the need arises. They all link directly to the Journal articles themselves.

Last edited by Ceist; 01-01-2012 at 11:37 PM..

Old 01-01-2012, 11:33 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Mental/EMOTIONAL! One of my closest, gay friends did not hold back on the fact that he hated his mother with a salivating hatred because she kicked his precious dad out of the house in a very ugly divorce. His dad was his hero, and he told me without reservation that he became gay after the ugly divorce drama.

Trauma and resentments of all types are hypnotic and we all are then tied into some type of compulsion or behavior that we can't change. It's resentments that keep a smoker smoking, battling to quit many times, overeating and I know since I once weighed 300 very fat pounds, etc. etc.
Are you seriously trying to psychoanalyze the whole entire gay population based on one of your friends?

And trying to compare a sexual orientation to addiction?

Old 01-01-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Very interesting article about the Civil Unions that started legally in Hawaii, today. This is from the Hawaii Free Press...don't miss the links under the article.

Nope, it is not good to teach kids that gay marriage and civil unions are normal, either.

Broken Trust Gang finally Imposes Gay Unions on Hawaii > Hawaii Free Press > Articles Main
They start the 'article' with a lie in their first sentence....then it just goes downhill from there.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconman View Post
It is a mental defect...nothing more and nothing less. People with this defect cant help it and should not be treated unfairly .There is no basis to teach kids it is 100% normal... Its just a mental defect ,no big deal
This is 2012, not 1952. Where have you been for past 60 years?

Old 01-02-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Are you seriously trying to psychoanalyze the whole entire gay population based on one of your friends?

And trying to compare a sexual orientation to addiction?
I suspect these 'gay friends' are a figment of her imagination.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:53 AM

30,306 posts, read 51,908,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
Positive rating for truth.
Are you also "positively rating" the TRUTHFUL articles and discussion points from the other side of this debate? And do you think some anti-gay religious propaganda is more truthful than a nationally recognized scientific journal? I applaud truth too, but unlike some people here, I can actually distinguish between facts and BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies