Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2011, 09:15 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The Players: Joan Walsh, Salon.com editor-at-large; numerous outraged Twitterers

Opening Serve: Joan Walsh commented on the state of American progressivism in a Salon article this week, in which she wrote, "I deeply resent people who insist that white progressives who criticize Obama are deluding themselves that they're his 'base,' when his 'base' is actually not white progressives, but people of color."

Return Volley: A tweeter by the name of Truthrose1 took offense to Walsh's comment and wrote, "@joanwalsh read your article, I resent white progressives who pretend they are the base of the Dem party and ignore AA's, we are even," sparking a back and forth between Walsh, Truthrose1, and several others that continues to drag on. Walsh attempted to defend herself by noting, "Not saying white progressives are THE base; opposite. But I resent African Americans who say THEY are THE BASE. Wrong," but Truthrose1 shot back instantly with the comment, among others, of "PBO is not your lap dog, thank god Gibbs called out the liars in the progressive media, u have done nothing but act like baggers."

Walsh tried to end the debate several times writing, "@truthrose1 Good night, life is too short for race baiting!" and even, "You're toxic, I'm sorry. Jesus. Get some help." But by this time it was too late, others had entered the mix, deeply offended by Walsh's argument. "AngryBlackLady" started her pages-long rant against Walsh by saying, "Just see if you can elect your preferred candidate without us. ~spoiler alert!~ you can't." Then "Cynthia" jumped in with, "@joanwalsh @truthrose1 @angryblacklady Ok. I was gonna let it go, but **** it. Of course Black people are his base. And what about it??!!!"
Joan Walsh Sparks Twitter Brawl Over Obama and Race - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Funny stuff!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 09:23 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,685 times
That's typical

You want to really get white progressive liberals flaming ... seeing a conservative African American and especially if they are a GOP politician running for office.

White progressive liberals are some of the most racist people in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies