Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 02:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No he doesn't say, but he's been smeared and slurred by left wing cultists for speaking about these issues. I never thought I'd see the day when I would see those on the left so deranged and mean natured until I started reading this fabricated lies about Greenwald on Twitter.
That's because Liberal wackos are just as mean-spirited as their right wing counterparts. Like...i'm never surprised at how nasty they get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 02:23 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
All one has to do is turn on a Republican debate and look at that Clown Show. Then go hold your nose and vote for Obama
So the next Dem can blow smoke up your rear, get your vote, and turn around and act like a corporate owned right winger?

If you don't exact punishment for bad behavior you are going to get treated like a chump. I'm not talking about imperfect candidates. This guy stabbed his base in the back.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's because Liberal wackos are just as mean-spirited as their right wing counterparts. Like...i'm never surprised at how nasty they get.
I don't think they are nearly as numerous. I've read a allot of writers on both sides and I've never seen anything like this in all my years.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
So the next Dem can blow smoke up your rear, get your vote, and turn around and act like a corporate owned right winger?

If you don't exact punishment for bad behavior you are going to get treated like a chump. I'm not talking about imperfect candidates. This guy stabbed his base in the back.
Completely fair.

But still, i'm not sitting it out, and i CAN'T vote for clowns in the form of Gingrich and Romney. I'm not a masochist.

Again, i like Ron Paul's vision of our foreign policy and i'm damn near in complete agreement with him on it. But his views alone on Social Security scare the sh*t out of me.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:27 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
Quote:

How do you exact punishment? Vote for a necon puppet or a deranged libertarian and expect a better outcome?

Old 01-01-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I don't think they are nearly as numerous. I've read a allot of writers on both sides and I've never seen anything like this in all my years.
Yea, but liberal wackos are scarily vitriolic regardless of the paucity of their numbers. I've heard things that make me shudder. The whole "Bush is a Nazi" thing drove me crazy. Liberal use of Godwin's Law makes me sick. I expect it from Conservatives (although Obama in a Nazi uniform is so laughable that i don't know how they do it), but i generally expect better from the left. Well, i'm quite disappointed to say the least.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
How do you exact punishment? Vote for a necon puppet or a deranged libertarian and expect a better outcome?
You don't vote for him. You take a short term loss, while at the same time earning the respect of your politician in the long run.

This is a proven concept. The Tea Party stuck to their principles. And GOP candidates are scared shtless of crossing them.

Remember that Special Election in Upstate New York that the Tea Party ruined it for the moderate GOP candidate? The Dem won. And GOP candidates just had further reason not to cross their base of support.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
You don't vote for him. You take a short term loss, while at the same time earning the respect of your politician in the long run.

This is a proven concept. The Tea Party stuck to their principles. And GOP candidates are scared shtless of crossing them.

Remember that Special Election in Upstate New York that the Tea Party ruined for the moderate GOP candidate? The Dem won. And GOP candidates just had further reason not to cross their base of support.
Too much at stake. At least one SCOTUS seat, Social Security, Medicare, repeal of Healthcare, etc...no way man. I can't sit it out.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:35 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:

Kind of like what the right/republicans did to Congress in 2006 and 2008.

The Left likes to make the claim conservatives don't hold their leaders feet to the fire - not true.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Kind of like what the right/republicans did to Congress in 2006 and 2008.

The Left likes to make the claim conservatives don't hold their leaders feet to the fire - not true.
....right..which is why you guys are gonna nominate Newt or Mitt...because you learned your lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies