Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 02:53 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Do you honestly believe I'm not voting for him because he's not perfect? He set your kid up for a Social Security benefit cut for God sakes! That's what you are settling for?

I've never advocated not voting for a Dem President before. I would only apply this principle in rare cases such as a few Dem Senators such as Nelson, Landrieu, Blanche Lincoln, etc.
I have no idea why you aren't voting for Obama. You never detailed that, you've just ranted. A cut in SS is better eliminating SS. This is not a dictatorship. Obama made the best deal possible. Was it perfect? No, but I don't expect anything to be perfect because there are 300 million people in this country with different ideals. So yes, I can settle for getting part of what I want instead of NONE of what I want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 02:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Considering what he's done already, what would he have to do not to get your vote?
Run against someone better.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Considering what he's done already, what could do not to get your vote?

Starting more wars, wrecking the Constitution, refusing to fight for Social Security, and law breaking it seems are not deal breakers?
What wars did Obama start? Where did he "wreck" the constitution? How did he not fight for SS, we still have it when many on the other side would like to see it gone...What are you talking about?

Old 01-01-2012, 02:59 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Greenwald however, made a great case about how voting for Obama over the other conservative clowns in the field STILL makes sense, but that against Paul, we have to check ourselves a bit on our intellectual honesty and not just play the normal right vs left game.

I have to admit, Paul does present a serious dilemma for Libs. Well, speaking for myself he does.
Yes, many peole from both sides of the aisle support Paul. I am independent and supported him in 2008, while I never considered voting for someone like McCain or Obama.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:00 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I have no idea why you aren't voting for Obama. You never detailed that, you've just ranted. A cut in SS is better eliminating SS. This is not a dictatorship. Obama made the best deal possible. Was it perfect? No, but I don't expect anything to be perfect because there are 300 million people in this country with different ideals. So yes, I can settle for getting part of what I want instead of NONE of what I want.
Then you are ignorant of my reasons. I've spelled them out multiple times.

They are not trivial.

You might want to start with this thread ....I POSTED IT.

The first post lists many reasons that I said I agreed with.

You don't know the story behind Obama's dealings with SS. He stacked the bi-partisan commission with conservative Dems who he knew would cave. The GOP on the other hand sent in hardliners. (Does the scenario ring a bell with you? He plays the sucker all the time.) He also wanted the cuts. As the NY Times reported.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:03 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
What wars did Obama start? Where did he "wreck" the constitution? How did he not fight for SS, we still have it when many on the other side would like to see it gone...What are you talking about?
Yemen? Libya? Somalia? Assasinating US citizens without due process?

You're starting to reveal yourself as dead ender. It's not that you don't care what he has done (that's clear) .....but you are totally unaware of what he is done.

That's a sure sign of someone who only want to get one side of the story.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Then you are ignorant of my reasons. I've spelled them out multiple times.

They are not trivial.

You might want to start with this thread ....I POSTED IT.

The first post lists many reasons that I said I agreed with.

You don't know the story behind Obama's dealings with SS. He stacked the bi-partisan commission with conservative Dems who he knew would cave. The GOP on the other hand sent in hardliners. (Does the scenario ring a bell with you? He plays the sucker all the time.) He also wanted the cuts. As the NY Times reported.
You posted an article, none of your personal beliefs. All I've heard was SS which we still have, imaginary wars that Obama hasn't started and Obama wrecking the constition which is still intact.

Ahh, so you got credible inside information, I see..You knew ALL the numbers, ALL the deals, and ALL the negotiations..Sounds to me like you're a one issue voter and that issue is SS..Anyway, you're free to abstain from voting in hopes that Obama loses..Shoot, you might as well vote for his opponent. You're free to do that and hope like hell that every positive thing Obama has done wont be undone and keep hoping like hell that democrates to you're liking win the congress and continue hoping like hell that your perfect President arises..You're free to do those things.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Yemen? Libya? Somalia? Assasinating US citizens without due process?

You're starting to reveal yourself as dead ender. It's not that you don't care what he has done (that's clear) .....but you are totally unaware of what he is done.

That's a sure sign of someone who only want to get one side of the story.
I absolutely know what he's done but I'm a realist which you clearly ARE NOT. I'm not an ideolog. I'm glad Al-alaqui was killed. He advocated the killing of his own citizens and trained the underwear bomber. Libya was a NATO action where not one American boot touched the ground. We are apart of NATO. Maybe you should vote for Ron Paul. You sound like his isolationist foreign policy is to your liking.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:13 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,513 times
He's black. Does there need to be another reason to vote for Obama?

Old 01-01-2012, 03:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
He's black. Does there need to be another reason to vote for Obama?
I'm black too, and i haven't the faintest idea what you mean by that.

And yea, there needs to be another reason to vote for Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies