Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 12:21 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Huh? are you suggesting they are doing something, illegal or unconstitutional? Can't wait to hear this........

from your link.

"The state's Board of Elections approved the proposal earlier in the week. Going forward, voters who arrive at polling sites in March will be required to sign the following statement: "
Read more: Virginia Lawmaker Criticizes GOP For Requiring Primary Loyalty Oath | Fox News
So, I guess it is as simple as the left simply wishes to cause mischief. Thanks for clarifying!
Cheers!

How is the left causing mischief, they are not the ones who want the paper signed? That us some logical thinking there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 12:23 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
You can not REQUIRE someone to do something that there is law for. There are laws that cover what can and can not be done and polling stations, This will violate that. It is not rocket science.

This is a stupid, desperate ploy on behalf of this party. Both sides are pitiful but this truly is a new low.

Lol, is your own link lying?

from your link.

"The state's Board of Elections approved the proposal earlier in the week. Going forward, voters who arrive at polling sites in March will be required to sign the following statement: "
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz1iEfcopib

It isn't illegal. So the obvious conclusion is the left wishes to cause mischief.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
How is the left causing mischief, they are not the ones who want the paper signed? That us some logical thinking there.
Ah, but you see, since this is an open primary anyone can vote. So, the left can vote for the candidate they believe Obama will have the best chance of beating. I have no doubt, any lefty would sign the oath, knowing they would never vote for a Republican.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Ah, but you see, since this is an open primary anyone can vote. So, the left can vote for the candidate they believe Obama will have the best chance of beating. I have no doubt, any lefty would sign the oath, knowing they would never vote for a Republican.

Sadly, I do think that this election will see very low numbers. I sure hope not, but in talking with people they are not interested in any of the choices.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:36 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The caucuses have every right to try and prevent "mischief" voting from democrats/libs crossing the aisle to push a certain candidate.
didn't you do it, or supported those to push for a lesser democrat candidate

Old 01-01-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Sadly, I do think that this election will see very low numbers. I sure hope not, but in talking with people they are not interested in any of the choices.

First off, so what?

Secondly, as scientific as your survey is, there is likely to be keen interest in the primary by both sides.

Finally, the Republicans have every right to create whatever requirements they want for their primary.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
First off, so what?

Secondly, as scientific as your survey is, there is likely to be keen interest in the primary by both sides.

Finally, the Republicans have every right to create whatever requirements they want for their primary.

What I am saying is that there are those who have no interest in primaries, elections or whoever is running at this point. I am simply chatting with you, no need to be so defensive and curt.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
What I am saying is that there are those who have no interest in primaries, elections or whoever is running at this point. I am simply chatting with you, no need to be so defensive and curt.

I am sure there are those who have no interest in the primary. But what I am telling you, there people who would wish to muck about in anothers back yard. It has happened before.

The Rush Limbaugh Show - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

""Operation Chaos" (An effort promoted by Limbaugh to cause chaos in the Democratic Party primaries by encouraging Republican voters to either cross over or change parties in order to vote for whichever candidate is trailing, thus prolonging the primary process);[27] "

Old 01-01-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
I am sure there are those who have no interest in the primary. But what I am telling you, there people who would wish to muck about in anothers back yard. It has happened before.

The Rush Limbaugh Show - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

""Operation Chaos" (An effort promoted by Limbaugh to cause chaos in the Democratic Party primaries by encouraging Republican voters to either cross over or change parties in order to vote for whichever candidate is trailing, thus prolonging the primary process);[27] "

Interesting about rush, not shocking but interesting, I will read that tonight.

I think (thus far) this is just desperation from repubs to gain support and also make their numbers look good to the media....manipulation if you will.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:07 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
Sorry, but the GOP has finally, officially, publicly went cuckoo!!!

I don't owe my allegiance to any political party and who I vote for is between me and the ballot I place my vote on.

Conservatives keep (ignorantly) screaming about Black people, minorities, and liberals being on the Democratic Plantation, yet they don't allow their own people to think for themselves, they must offer up blind obedience to whomever has an "R" next to their name??

Who's on the plantation now??

It's not over reaching to compare this debacle to McCartyism, Dictators, or even allegiance to the "Party" during Germany's darkest days.

As an American voter, your first and last allegiance is to this country and this country only.

I would have told the GOP to kiss my ass!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies