Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 04:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Quiet, remote, dusty, expensive, but I like it. I can step out of my front door and see a vast open plain with snow covered hills in the distance. It's quite beautiful. The Navajo are very nice and have invited me to a few ceremonies and given me the opportunity to try some traditional food. It's pretty darn cold at night in a house with no central heat but the wood stove and space heaters in the rooms and bathroom work pretty well. All in all it's been an enjoyable travel assignment but I'm looking forward to going back to Alaska in the Spring.

Where in AZ are you?
Cochise County...southeast corner of the state. Quite lovely, and quite conservative....and TOTALLY dependent on the federal largesse.

Of course, these wing nuts down here forget about that every election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
Unless you are Federal Law enfocement your comments as related to this thread are apples and oranges. I know Fededral employees who dont even pay union dues (Thanks to Ronald Reagan). If you are a state, county or municipal Police officer then its your unions collusion with Democratic politicians that are destroying this country one City county state at a time.
I'm still waiting for you to post something that makes sense.

Or do you still believe that Asians should hold all government positions?

Old 01-01-2012, 05:50 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Friendly people with decent manners are underrepresented in government jobs.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:43 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well as another poster said, you live in the desert. Where I live not so long ago a group of three young black men beat a man and his seven year your old son nearly to death in a grocery store parking lot...... as they were laying there in the parking lot, the three black men who did it told the father it was because they were white.

This is by no means an isolated incident. It happens all the time in my surrounding cities and I'm sure the rest of the country.

I digress....because this isn't what this thread is about......but rcism toward whites from blacks DOES happen.
When I noted he lived in the desert, I was inferring that there were limited options in the less populated parts of the nation and that government pay scale might provide a substantially higher standard of living in areas with a lower cost of living. I was not referring to crime rates. I live in a very expensive part of the US where government jobs just don't cut it for most.

If I lived out in some post apocalyptic wasteland I too would probably accept mind numbing work and wages were the option cleaning tables at the truck stop.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:14 PM

629 posts, read 771,729 times
You are building strawmen and then tearing them down

Flail away

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm still waiting for you to post something that makes sense.

Or do you still believe that Asians should hold all government positions?

Old 01-01-2012, 07:28 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
It IS a race based society....what do you expect.

The thought of a country where merit is the utmost important factor, well, in most jobs that is a nice thought. It would be true.....if most companies were not scared to death about getting sued by some greedy/creepy lawyer.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:31 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,439 times
Quote:
Cochise County...southeast corner of the state. Quite lovely, and quite conservative....and TOTALLY dependent on the federal largesse.

Of course, these wing nuts down here forget about that every election.
Can't say I know it really. My experience with AZ is limited to the area around Chinle and on the way to and from Gallup or Farmington NM. I do want to see Flagstaff before I head out of here.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Can't say I know it really. My experience with AZ is limited to the area around Chinle and on the way to and from Gallup or Farmington NM. I do want to see Flagstaff before I head out of here.
Flag is lovely, but not my cup of tea this time of year. I avoid it like the plague until June. And even the summer nights are too cold for my taste. Still, it's one hell of a town. My son spent the last 4 years there in college spending up all my money. He's gonna move back after he finishes his Masters this coming December.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:57 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,439 times
Quote:
Flag is lovely, but not my cup of tea this time of year. I avoid it like the plague until June. And even the summer nights are too cold for my taste. Still, it's one hell of a town. My son spent the last 4 years there in college spending up all my money. He's gonna move back after he finishes his Masters this coming December.
The colder the better! I can't wait to get back to the Arctic.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
The colder the better! I can't wait to get back to the Arctic.
Oh Geezus.

You can have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies