Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 11:36 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Everyone but me! (yeppers, there exist a lot of folks that think just like me, on this.)
I'm one of them. I'll gladly let someone else have mine. In fact, I'd opt out and there darn well better be a provision to do this if you want to. I'll quarantine myself if I have to. Thank-you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 11:42 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Healthcare providers, then children, pregnant women, firefighters and police, after that, distribute to whomever.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:22 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyWay View Post
If we had a lottery should some people be bared from entering? Should illigal immgrents be able to enter? what about criminals?
Of course people should be barred.

Anyone with a felony conviction. All illegals. Anyone receiving TAN-F, Food Stamps or HUD Section 8.

Anyone in a nursing home or who is hospitalized. Anyone taking prescription medication to preserve or extend their lives.

Anyone who has a BMI greater than 25%.

Anyone over 65? If they are 100% independently mobile, not suffering dementia or Alzheimer's, then based on their occupation or skill-set, you can inoculate them.

An 85 year old woman who is sharp as a tack and gets around on her own is more valuable to me than a 20-year old whose sole skill is texting/sexting and playing video games.

If a good chunk of your population dies off, you're going to need people who have a plethora of knowledge that is not technology-based. You're going to need men and women who know how to make butter, sour cream, cream, who worked in meat packing plants making sausages without artificial colorings, flavorings and preservatives, who know how to cure meats, who know how to sew and knit, who can perform accounting and financial transactions using pencil and paper instead of a computer, who know what vacuum tubes are etc, etc, etc.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:24 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Just wash your hands

Old 01-02-2012, 01:26 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Of course people should be barred.

Anyone with a felony conviction. All illegals. Anyone receiving TAN-F, Food Stamps or HUD Section 8.

Anyone in a nursing home or who is hospitalized. Anyone taking prescription medication to preserve or extend their lives.

Anyone who has a BMI greater than 25%.

Anyone over 65? If they are 100% independently mobile, not suffering dementia or Alzheimer's, then based on their occupation or skill-set, you can inoculate them.

An 85 year old woman who is sharp as a tack and gets around on her own is more valuable to me than a 20-year old whose sole skill is texting/sexting and playing video games.

If a good chunk of your population dies off, you're going to need people who have a plethora of knowledge that is not technology-based. You're going to need men and women who know how to make butter, sour cream, cream, who worked in meat packing plants making sausages without artificial colorings, flavorings and preservatives, who know how to cure meats, who know how to sew and knit, who can perform accounting and financial transactions using pencil and paper instead of a computer, who know what vacuum tubes are etc, etc, etc.
So I guess that counts most liberals out!! Well except the knitting. lol

Old 01-02-2012, 01:30 AM

21 posts, read 12,629 times
If a deadly flu outbreak occurred and we only had enough vaccine for a few, who should get it first?

whites

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyWay View Post
I think white people should get priority
You beat me to it!

Old 01-02-2012, 01:32 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Europeans and east Asians should get first priority. I mean, considering they could actually rebuild the world the world that this disease would destroy.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:54 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Europeans and east Asians should get first priority. I mean, considering they could actually rebuild the world the world that this disease would destroy.
The US rebuilt Europe the last time they destroyed it themselves.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:03 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Well, what happened when the pig flu...oopppssss I mean the swine flu, went through here about 1.5 years ago (or so)...and everyone was supposed to die and if you did not take the vaccine terrible things were going to happen to you...

What did we do then?

Old 01-02-2012, 07:47 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I'm one of them. I'll gladly let someone else have mine. In fact, I'd opt out and there darn well better be a provision to do this if you want to.
And from the heavens Darwin nods approvingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies