Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 08:40 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Interesting, when conservatives often refer to Blacks they use words like slavery, chains, welfare, handouts, ghetto, thugs, etc..

And yet they wonder why more Blacks aren't Republicans.
In order for blacks to switch to the gop in mass groves, black America needs to establish itself financially. Until that happens, it's not gonna happen... Truthfully, the gop doesn't really fit the urban agenda, tends to not support minority businesses and technically puts more stress of the middle class than the dems....

It's Alot of feel good speech but it lacks action.

Dems really understand this, it's not just handouts for blacks, it's creating opportunity, grants, loans and so forth.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 01-06-2012, 02:12 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
In order for blacks to switch to the gop in mass groves, black America needs to establish itself financially. Until that happens, it's not gonna happen... Truthfully, the gop doesn't really fit the urban agenda, tends to not support minority businesses and technically puts more stress of the middle class than the dems....

It's Alot of feel good speech but it lacks action.

Dems really understand this, it's not just handouts for blacks, it's creating opportunity, grants, loans and so forth.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
In other words:

GIMME, GIMME, GIMME

ABBA - Gimme Gimme Gimme(live in Wembley, 1979) - YouTube

Democrat Motto:

Stand in line for your free stuff paid for by people who don't stand in line for handouts...

Old 01-06-2012, 02:19 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
In other words:

GIMME, GIMME, GIMME

ABBA - Gimme Gimme Gimme(live in Wembley, 1979) - YouTube

Democrat Motto:

Stand in line for your free stuff paid for by people who don't stand in line for handouts...
Are you trying to get a message across or just insult people? If you are just into being insulting, you're doing a great job. If you have a point that you're trying to get across, your approach is horrible. Are you so blinded by your party that you can't listen to or respect anything anyone that does not think exactly like you has to say? Instead of engaging in civilized, productive dialogue or addressing anything any Democrat has posted with facts or acknowledging their concerns, you show post Utube videos. Another turn off and also very childish.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:22 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
You are entitled to your opinion and your freedom to vote how you choose, but you can leave the insults out if it. Have you ever asked any black Democrat on this forum why they vote the way they do or do you just jump in and cheerlead for those who like making derogatory comments about blacks? You can be proud because you are not a descendent of slaves all you want to, but when the white racists see you, you are just another n*****. I have my ideals, values and morals, I don't vote Democrat simply because I am black and it is an insult to my intelligence and also RACIST to make that assumption.

Why is a white democrat simply a white democrat, but a black democrat a lapdog? Not only is that racist, it is idiotic. Why are the poor people in red states that vote for Republicans (and receive public aid) not lapdogs? Why all this focus on blacks? Boys with their pants hanging off their butts or criminals aren't making up the majority of black voters so you can quit with all your BS about the black community and culture. You accuse people of being obsessed with Whites, yet you are obessed with "black culture" and so hateful. It really is pathetic.

If Republicans wanted my vote, they would need to cut the racist BS out, but that wouldn't be all they'd have to do.
Yes, many of them are incredibly obsessed with black culture. Their own culture is too tame and boring to focus on. I bet many of them have White children who listen to Lil Wayne and Drake and emulate them. Actually, most rap concerts are filled with White fans..they keep Lil Wayne and Drake rich.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:28 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,102 times
Black Democrats Switching to the Republican Party

With quotes like these, I doubt it.
Quote:
In other words:

GIMME, GIMME, GIMME

Old 01-06-2012, 02:41 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
Quote:
Are you trying to get a message across or just insult people? If you are just into being insulting, you're doing a great job. If you have a point that you're trying to get across, your approach is horrible. Are you so blinded by your party that you can't listen to or respect anything anyone that does not think exactly like you has to say? Instead of engaging in civilized, productive dialogue or addressing anything any Democrat has posted with facts or acknowledging their concerns, you show post Utube videos. Another turn off and also very childish.
Being that there are more Whites on welfare, there's a great possibiity those making the offensive remarks are on welfare themselves.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:52 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Being that there are more Whites on welfare, there's a great possibiity those making the offensive remarks are on welfare themselves.

I wouldn't be surprised, but just get ready for their usual disproprtionate argument. About a week ago, I saw "The Help" for the first time, just the other night I watched Mississippi Burning on the MGM channel, and then last night there was a documentary about the KKK on some cable channel. As I listened to the racists talk, I noticed that they sounded a lot like some of the people on this site, the difference is that they can't use the N word here. I don't know how some people can be so hateful. I don't watch those things all the time, but for some reason I've been catching these things lately. 1964 wasn't that long ago - clearly we still have a long way to go, even with a black president.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:55 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Ten Facts About Blacks And The GOP

1. Voting Republican is taboo for blacks.

2. In 2008, 95 percent of blacks voted for President Obama. They accounted for 23 percent of Obama’s vote without their support he would not have won the White House.

3. Blacks, currently, have a 16 percent unemployment rate; the highest of any ethnic group in the U.S.

4. Obama has yet to meet with black business leaders (Sharpton and Jackson, do not count).

5. Obama still maintains a mystical aura in black communities that will stifle GOP voter outreach in black neighborhoods.

6. GOP policies have traditionally found their genesis in self-reliance and personal responsibility similar to what is espoused by the church (Most black communities are centered around the church). If the GOP hopes to win black votes in 2012 and farther down the road they need to demonstrate that what the church supports and what the GOP support are one in the same.

7. According to a 2010 Department of Education study, 6.4 percent of black high school students drop out; a higher percentage than whites or Hispanics.

8. High drop out rates, hurt the community, a high school drop out makes approximately $ 630,000 less over their lifetime than a high school graduate, according the DOE study.

9. The black community supports the voucher program and charter schools. Obama try to cut funding for the Opportunity Scholarship Program, better known colloquially as the school voucher program, during the summer budget crisis.

10. Voting Republican is taboo for blacks.

Raffi Williams

Old 01-06-2012, 03:15 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,228,861 times
Quote:
Good for them.

To each his own. God knows they want you to look for work and get off those food stamps!

Old 01-06-2012, 03:20 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,228,861 times
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised, but just get ready for their usual disproprtionate argument. About a week ago, I saw "The Help" for the first time, just the other night I watched Mississippi Burning on the MGM channel, and then last night there was a documentary about the KKK on some cable channel. As I listened to the racists talk, I noticed that they sounded a lot like some of the people on this site, the difference is that they can't use the N word here. I don't know how some people can be so hateful. I don't watch those things all the time, but for some reason I've been catching these things lately. 1964 wasn't that long ago - clearly we still have a long way to go, even with a black president.
You'll be surprised what people have the balls to type on here. One poster said it was ok in her eyes if the majority of folks of any state, would vote for making inter-racial marriage illegal. Yes, in the year 2012, we still have people who not only think that way,but also have no problems expressing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies