Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 10:55 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Please, point out where I said anything but.

Obama's a piece of trash for signing this.

Yet still better than the alternatives.
Francisco Franco was better than Adolf Hitler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 04:55 PM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Given the signing statement, I can live with it.
What good is a "signing statement" coming from a pathological liar who was the one that demanded that US Citizens be included among those subject to his majesty's whim?

Old 01-02-2012, 04:56 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
What good is a "signing statement" coming from a pathological liar?
Read it and find out.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:12 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,421 times
The overall tone of this thread: "Well I need Social Security so I'll take tyranny too... I guess."

Old 01-02-2012, 05:17 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
No spin could make this right. I regret having voted for him. The only problem with that is my only other option was to have put "bomb, bomb, bomb Iran" in charge and Palin only a heartbeat away from the presidency. And it looks as though our choices this time around won't be any better. Truth is that we will only be given the choices that those with the money allow us to have and they have their own agenda.....and it isn't the good of the U.S. or its citizens.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:20 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I'll give you my take on it as a guy who supported him last election and bought into the "hope and change"....he can use his lying lips to kiss my ass.

He is no better than the dirtbag he replaced imho.

How's that for the truth for ya?
I agree!

Old 01-02-2012, 05:33 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm right there with you, but I'm going to end up voting for someone who supports social security and medicare, while decreasing military and government spending.
LOL! SS and Medicare IS government spending!!

If Ron Paul became president, it's not that this is going to go away over night. He has stated that waaaay too many people have become too dependent on this money. The concept is to slowly phase it out. But then you think, BUT WHAT WILL PEOPLE DO!?

It goes so much far beyond what seems like a black and white issue.
What if we didn't have an income tax? That's more money in our pockets per paycheck.

What if we took government out of the "free market" and made it truly free? What if we made America business friendly again? You know what happens? We'll get our manufacturing plants back. We'll get our call centers back. Etc. Etc etc.

We'll have an influx of jobs. With more jobs available, pay rates become competitive.... oh, and with better pay rates don't forget about the income tax NOT being there?

We'll have a much more prosperous way of living. So tell me, if we live in a society where jobs are a plenty we have more money in our pockets --- Why is it the governments job to give people money when they are older? Why is it a moral obligation because person A saved all his life and person B spent all of his life?

I get why we need these programs NOW, but as "scary" as the TV makes him to be.. he makes A LOT of sense if you just follow what he says. It's easy to throw him under the bus, because he challenges the way we think.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:28 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
This Act is dreadful but it came from both sides of the fence. We can't keep pointing fingers to the other side of the fence while these D bags are eliminating the Bill of Rights. I guess if we want a fascist state that is one thing, but I never voted for that.

A vote for the Repugs is not eliminating this. they did it too... recall the Patriot Act?

We need an alternative and to in a landslide elect them.

Who would stand against this? and who would be a good choice? If we in CD selected 1 person. and all got behind them, and posted in our facebooks and emails. we could overwhelm the machine before they knew what hit them.

What a radical idea... the people coming together to preserve our nation and end the role of these tyrants.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:32 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
This Act is dreadful but it came from both sides of the fence. We can't keep pointing fingers to the other side of the fence while these D bags are eliminating the Bill of Rights. I guess if we want a fascist state that is one thing, but I never voted for that.

A vote for the Repugs is not eliminating this. they did it too... recall the Patriot Act?

We need an alternative and to in a landslide elect them.

Who would stand against this? and who would be a good choice? If we in CD selected 1 person. and all got behind them, and posted in our facebooks and emails. we could overwhelm the machine before they knew what hit them.

What a radical idea... the people coming together to preserve our nation and end the role of these tyrants.
You are so right. They have kept us so busy fighting with one another to distract us that they have stolen our nation right out from under us. They have played us for fools....doesn't matter if it is republican or democrats because they are all owned by the same international corporate bunch that owes no loyalty to any country. They wanted the power and the money and they got it by making us think of our fellow citizens as the enemy.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I voted for him last time, so I'm upset by it.

However, what is my Republican alternative???????

Ron Paul? Who wants to end social security and medicare? No thanks.
There are others who have never said anything like that as the Democrats led left handed people to believe last spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies