Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 12:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Christ-centered?

Okay, keeping our little girl away from it.

Don't want her to be involved in ANYTHING centered around religion.
According to what the spokes woman for the AHG says that little group of parents wanted God put back in the GSA so they created a local group that then spread out over the nation. If some parents don't want God in the group and change the group, it appears to me that others have the right to create something they can accept for their kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Complete with Mustaches and Jackboots?
Did you read that link, at all, bob? The other left leaners didn't but all said the same kind of things you did other than you said that you smelled Hitler.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:43 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
According to what the spokes woman for the AHG says that little group of parents wanted God put back in the GSA so they created a local group that then spread out over the nation. If some parents don't want God in the group and change the group, it appears to me that others have the right to create something they can accept for their kids.
Good, I'm glad. My daughter loves the Girl Scouts, and the ultra-religious, intolerant have no place in the organization.

And yes, I did read the link.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
called pro choice, got a problem with pro choice?
THEY really don't understand that when an organization becomes something they don't want for their kids they have a right to create something they can approve of. I know there are those who don't want us to keep that right and are trying very hard to take it away from us.

They think that if it ain't SECULAR it just won't work.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:45 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Did you read that link, at all, bob? The other left leaners didn't but all said the same kind of things you did other than you said that you smelled Hitler.
I just know what efforts aimed at maintaining "purity" are about. But, if you want to stay oblivious, feel free.

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
How can you call wanting your kids to be in a God oriented organization, as the Girl Scouts once were, anything like abstinence?
Just kidding, just kidding....though they did single out Planned Parenthood as a target of their ire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
So it's like the girl guides for overzealous, controlling bible thumpers and their kids. Gotcha.
Still none of you has read the link but you are willing to call names which is the best of the secular methods that Old Saul Alinsky developed for left leaning use.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
SMH....unreal.

I don't really give a damn about the Girl Scouts. I just hope they keep selling those Samoa's and shortbreads that like so much and have a nice campfire marshmallow party...or whatever it is that they do.

Why do folks get hung up on this stuff? Girl Scouts? Geez...what WON'T people politicize nowadays?
Friend, and I consider you to be that, who did the politicizing in the first place? It seems to me that seculars took over the GSA and this group started a little local group that grew into a national group.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:49 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Still none of you has read the link but you are willing to call names which is the best of the secular methods that Old Saul Alinsky developed for left leaning use.
Roy, Roy! It's the blaze. You want people to read that? Personally, I can't afford to read it. Every time I do I make a contribution to the DNC.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:12 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
You still haven't read the link but are staying right in there with your left leaning attitude.
Oh, come on. Saying your organization is "Christ-centered" and then insisting "all faiths are invited" is a blatant contradiction. (The less said about those with no faith, the better, of course.)

I enjoyed their "Statement of Faith":

Quote:
The following Statement of Faith applies to all American Heritage Girls' Charter Organizations, Adult Members and Adult Leaders.
"We believe that there is One Triune God – Father, Jesus Christ His one and only Son, and the Holy Spirit – Creator of the universe and eternally existent. We believe the Holy Scriptures (Old/New Testament) to be the inspired and authoritative Word of God.
Yup, non-Christians need not apply. It's cool if they want to have their own club, but don't come preaching that it's inclusive when clearly it's not.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 01-02-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies