Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 07:38 PM

89,019 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Bill Still in 2012!
Quote:
"1. I will put an end to government borrowing. No More National Debt! The United States will replace Federal Reserve Notes by re-issuing debt-free U.S. Notes, and gradually pay off the National Debt with them.

2. I will put an end to the ability of commercial banks to control the Quantity of money in our system through what is essentially counterfeiting. This has been a massive fraud on the people of the United States. We, the people, will take back the money power from the big banks and return the American economy to monetary stability and prosperity.

To ensure this system is enforced, I will appoint a Special Prosecutor experienced in matters of fraud to prosecute to the full extent of the law those who have abused our system in the past to serve as an example for the future.

3. I will abolish the Internal Revenue System and the income tax – both personal and corporate — and implement a fair, simple and equitable consumption tax in accordance with the U.S. Constitution. This is how we funded our government for the first 100 years, and we can do it again."
The Still Report – SR #33 Address to the Libertarian Nation | Still2012.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 07:39 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is if Paul was pro-choice he would probably lose the primary when running for representative. Goldwater got whipped badly. Reagan figured out that you had to get social conservative along with classical liberals in order to win a election. Winning elections does matter.
Well, Paul has always been pro-life. It's not something which came out of convenience. He was an OB/GYN and brought 4000+ babies into this world, so it's understandable that he doesn't want to kill life. He has never performed an abortion himself in his entire career.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:50 AM

674 posts, read 698,516 times
Libertarian and voting for Paul in the republican primary and if he wins he'll get my vote otherwise Gary Johnson will have it.

But OP I hope you weren't truly serious about Gary Johnson being handsome. That is quite a stretch!

Old 01-03-2012, 05:48 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Some of the ideas the Libertarians have are good. Elimination of the Fed.... but then they go off on their elimination of the government in favor of the states... as if these various nutbags in the states have a clue.

Evict the UN from New York? really? That's a step backward. We can no longer be an island on this planet, but too we do not have to be the paid enforcers. We are acting like the goons in the mafia with the best technology.

I am not a states rights advocate. When you have a twit like Rick Scott for Gov. how can you be?

Cross a Libertarian with a Green party and perhaps we will be at someone I could support. If RP comes out against NDAA I may become a single issue voter as this is a horrid Act.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:45 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Libertarian and voting for Paul in the republican primary and if he wins he'll get my vote otherwise Gary Johnson will have it.

But OP I hope you weren't truly serious about Gary Johnson being handsome. That is quite a stretch!
Did you take a gander at the other candidates?

Old 01-03-2012, 09:41 AM

89,019 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Evict the UN from New York? really? That's a step backward. We can no longer be an island on this planet, but too we do not have to be the paid enforcers. We are acting like the goons in the mafia with the best technology.
Exactly why the U.N. needs to go.

Quote:
I am not a states rights advocate.
Then you're in the wrong country. Read the Constitution, pack your bags, and seek out a country that wasn't founded on the principle of states' rights.

Toodles. Don't let the door hit ya where mother nature split ya.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:07 AM

Hey Boys... Let's play nicely.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:00 AM

674 posts, read 698,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Did you take a gander at the other candidates?
Yes. Romney and Obama are miles ahead in that category.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:25 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post

Old 01-06-2012, 11:41 AM

LOL I needed a giggle. BTW...I meant the other Libertarian candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies