Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 10:08 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
"They're gonna take my guns away" scam being pulled on white, elderly, poorly educated males.

NRA, and gun nut organizations have it down to a science.

Just like TV evangelists ripping off lonely old ladies.

Fools and their money are soon separated.
Oh no, say it ain't so.......................

You mean llike the scam the left was pulling on the white/elderly/poorly educated males/females...blah blah blah on medicare....

The only difference is, the medicare BS was proven a lie....................LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 10:14 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
There are a lot of opinions posted on both sides of the argument. Where are the facts? Not from the NRA or Fox or CNN. Real, unbiased facts about laws passed. It seems like it should be fairly objective to look at legislation regarding guns under each President's administration.
Since the president does not directly legislate, wouldn't it be even better to look at the admin's enforcement policies? Take 'fast and furious' for example...

Old 01-03-2012, 10:14 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,437,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
On the one hand, the "NRA/gun manufacturers creating hysteria" thing seems ridiculous, on the other, 1.5 million sales in December is quite interesting too. Gotta be more behind it than that.
Stocking up due to the imminent collapse of the US Economy. The political outlook world wide for 2012 is not looking good, and that is not going to help the US Economy at all.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Since the president does not directly legislate, wouldn't it be even better to look at the admin's enforcement policies? Take 'fast and furious' for example...
I agree! Another not so good Bush idea.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:26 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times
Quote:
You have to admit, it only became a disgrace under Obama/Holder and that was because they decided to politicize it as a sneaky way of getting more gun control passed without all that nasty democracy most Presidents actually respect.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:38 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Yeah ok. Guarantee me that the crooks, the burgulars, those who commit murders, rape, and more, won't have guns.
Obama has never been about individuals owning guns, get over it and most people know that.

The bad guys, the mafia's the crooks, what ever you want to call them, will never have a problem getting their filthy hands on guns.

Heard about the grandma last week who shot dead a burglar breaking into her home and going towards her, without the gun, she would have been dead.
That right doesn't anyone remember what happened to George Harrison being stabbed by burglar invading his abode? He survived to only die of cancer what a loss...

There has been several shot and killed here lately breaking in homes with armed occupants to feed their drug habits too bad but I will protect my family and neighbors if needed.Old Betsy and Freedom are locked and loaded....

Old 01-03-2012, 10:45 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Stocking up due to the imminent collapse of the US Economy. The political outlook world wide for 2012 is not looking good, and that is not going to help the US Economy at all.
The economy is about to collapse? How so? While unemployment is higher than anyone would like, we have stable prices inflation is low; interest rates are low and GDP is growing moderately. Where's the collapse Chicken Little?

Old 01-03-2012, 10:50 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I agree! Another not so good Bush idea.
Seriously? I hope for your sake that is just an attempt at a troll.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:53 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The economy is about to collapse? How so? While unemployment is higher than anyone would like, we have stable prices inflation is low; interest rates are low and GDP is growing moderately. Where's the collapse Chicken Little?
Well if there has been no inflation the last three years why did they give me a cost of living allowance of $120.00 extra a month at the first of this year? I never have received such a large raise before? The last three years they said no raise because there was no inflation.

Stable prices surely you jest been to the grocery store lately?

Buy gas much?

Your right about interest rates being low thats why my assets are going out of the banks and into realestate,railroad stock.

Wait and see the numbers when the Christmas Holiday employment comes to an end.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:58 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Seriously? I hope for your sake that is just an attempt at a troll.
I take you are not aware of the history of the program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies