U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-02-2012, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,884 posts, read 30,090,172 times
Reputation: 4269

Advertisements

As Obama told the Brady woman some time ago they are working hard "under the radar" to get his anti-gun agenda into place. He is appointing only judges who agree with him on the subject and there seems to be a very good chance that if he is elected again both Scalia and Kennedy will have retired because both will be over 80 before his second term ends. He backs the UN Small Arms treaty completely and that should prove to the media that he is not moderate at all on the gun question and the 2nd Amendment.

Yes, this should be one of the major planks of any plank from the Republicans for November, 2012.

President Obama's Anti-Gun Agenda Shows No Sign Of Stopping | Fox News
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-02-2012, 08:33 PM
 
2,930 posts, read 2,034,299 times
Reputation: 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
As Obama told the Brady woman some time ago they are working hard "under the radar" to get his anti-gun agenda into place. He is appointing only judges who agree with him on the subject and there seems to be a very good chance that if he is elected again both Scalia and Kennedy will have retired because both will be over 80 before his second term ends. He backs the UN Small Arms treaty completely and that should prove to the media that he is not moderate at all on the gun question and the 2nd Amendment.

Yes, this should be one of the major planks of any plank from the Republicans for November, 2012.

President Obama's Anti-Gun Agenda Shows No Sign Of Stopping | Fox News
The FBI reported that 1.5 million background checks were initiated by gun dealers in December alone!! That eclipsed the old record set in November. Evidently there are reasons for this activity, and most of it hinges on the anti-gun rhetoric from this administrationff and the state of our economy.

All the liberals will just blame the NRA creating hysteria, but in their own minds they know that Obama is against individuals owning firearms. Obama's background, voting record, and appointments indicate his intent.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Eastern NC
20,870 posts, read 19,904,281 times
Reputation: 18751
The NRA and the gun manufactures are creating hysteria because they know that conservatives are easily lead and mislead. Just look at all the money they both made after Obama was elected and then nothing happened to our right to own guns.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR
9,792 posts, read 10,595,121 times
Reputation: 9711
Clearly, it isn't just Obama that is ant-gun. Obama is just one man. If 364M other Americans want guns, there will be guns. Why are you concerned? Um... let me guess. You are afraid Obama will win another term. Period. Guns have nothing to do with it.

By now, every American that wants a gun has two of them. We passed the saturation point years ago. If I were President I would see no reason to appoint justices that had viewpoints counter to mine. How many more rednecks need to shoot their own hoo hoo's off before you believe all this 2nd Amendment stuff maybe wasn't such a good idea when taken out of its original context?

H
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 08:46 PM
 
Location: SWUS
5,420 posts, read 8,335,238 times
Reputation: 5825
On the one hand, the "NRA/gun manufacturers creating hysteria" thing seems ridiculous, on the other, 1.5 million sales in December is quite interesting too. Gotta be more behind it than that.

I'd also like to point out that there is a chance that he will win a second term because none of the main Republican candidates are very good, and it isn't impossible for this to be a "second term" kind of thing.


Both sides annoy me like nothing else... ****ing politicians.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 08:59 PM
 
13,180 posts, read 13,744,805 times
Reputation: 4537
"They're gonna take my guns away" scam being pulled on white, elderly, poorly educated males.

NRA, and gun nut organizations have it down to a science.

Just like TV evangelists ripping off lonely old ladies.

Fools and their money are soon separated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 09:03 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,884 posts, read 30,090,172 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
The FBI reported that 1.5 million background checks were initiated by gun dealers in December alone!! That eclipsed the old record set in November. Evidently there are reasons for this activity, and most of it hinges on the anti-gun rhetoric from this administrationff and the state of our economy.

All the liberals will just blame the NRA creating hysteria, but in their own minds they know that Obama is against individuals owning firearms. Obama's background, voting record, and appointments indicate his intent.
His intent has been so obvious right from the beginning. He intends to take the guns at his first chance and the new round up all the terrorists, citizen or not, may be the beginning. If they can find any way to come after you and you own guns they will take them along and tie them in knots like the Europeans did some time ago.

I see no protection from the 2nd Amendment once one of the old poops on the Supreme Court passes on, unexpectedly. If he can get rid of either Scalia or Kennedy the court will be voting 5 - 4 in support of his anti-gun works.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Limbo
6,502 posts, read 6,647,896 times
Reputation: 6288
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
"They're gonna take my guns away" scam being pulled on white, elderly, poorly educated males.

NRA, and gun nut organizations have it down to a science.

Just like TV evangelists ripping off lonely old ladies.

Fools and their money are soon separated.
Exactly.

I really don't get what the big deal about guns is anyway. Even if guns were illegal, there would be a massive black-market and tons of money to be made.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,884 posts, read 30,090,172 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The NRA and the gun manufactures are creating hysteria because they know that conservatives are easily lead and mislead. Just look at all the money they both made after Obama was elected and then nothing happened to our right to own guns.
Think for a bit. Now extend your thinking to the fact that Obama told the Brady woman who wants guns rounded up that he is working on it "below the radar".

Think about the new NDAA law which allows them to order the military to round up anyone they think may be a terrorist, citizen or not, and what happens to that person's guns. Think about the number of people on this forum who could be rounded up because of what they said when we still had free speech.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 09:07 PM
 
Location: United State of Texas
1,708 posts, read 5,728,688 times
Reputation: 2122
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The NRA and the gun manufactures are creating hysteria because they know that conservatives are easily lead and mislead.
You really should go try and sell that garbage somewhere else. It just makes you look like an idiot.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top