Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 09:25 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
It was a right wing poster that made this a partisan issue in the OP, or didn't you read the title of this thread?

Fail.

The last two sentences of your post just eliminate any credibility you might have had on this issue, and the shame should be on you. How dare YOU assume that liberals don't suffer emotionally from miscarriages.

There's a mental disorder here alright, and it has little to do with politics.
Note whose posts you selectively deconstruct. Not those of the self-identified libs here. Hmmm...

And I never stated that liberal don't suffer from miscarriages, I'm attacking the people here attacking Santorum for he and his wife's suffering and how they chose to deal with it. Assumptiom fail!

As an aside: I don't support Santorum any more then I support Perry or Bachman. His stance on LGBT issues is enough for him to lose my vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 09:26 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
So once again the loony left manages to make everything a parisan issue. You can't even set aside your liberal hatred for someone who lost a child. No wonder people think liberalism is a mental disorder.
Nice job of totally ignoring the fact the OP was little more than a lame attempt at connecting the words 'liberal' and 'vile' over the musings of a media pundit by someone who in the past has lauded conservative pundits for much the same type of action, e.g. the whinings of Ann Coulter.

So, GUESS AGAIN!

It wasn't someone from the left who attempted to make this a partisan issue from square one.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The "loony left" did not start this thread.
Never said they did.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nice job of totally ignoring the fact the OP was little more than a lame attempt at connecting the words 'liberal' and 'vile' over the musings of a media pundit by someone who in the past has lauded conservative pundits for much the same type of action, e.g. the whinings of Ann Coulter.

So, GUESS AGAIN!

It wasn't someone from the left who attempted to make this a partisan issue from square one.
Would Colmes have been so incensed over the issue had it been a liberal dealing with the loss of their child? Somehow I think not.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:28 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
The left are certainly experts on manufactured outrage.
Irony just isn't one of your strong suits, is it?

This whole thread is about right-wing manufactured outrage.

Santorum made this public, and I bet it was for no other reason than to pander to the more rabid pro-life crowd.

Colmes commented on it, because it was fair game.

Also, as you might have noticed, Colmes is not exactly alone in his opinion that Santorum's way of handling this was weird.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:29 AM

422 posts, read 812,754 times
I think anyone who thinks a particular ideology has a monopoly on some negative human trait has a mental problem, I don't care if they are liberal or conservative. If you think Colmes is a jerk say so and move on, if you think Santorum is weird say so and move on don't say silly things like "liberals make fun of people who had a child die" or "conservatives love sleeping with corpses". The universe does not revolve around a left-right paradigm, the words conservative and liberal are subjective and have no higher meaning.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:30 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Would Colmes have been so incensed over the issue had it been a liberal dealing with the loss of their child? Somehow I think not.
Would you if Limbaugh made the comments about Obama? Probably not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Irony just isn't one of your strong suits, is it?

This whole thread is about right-wing manufactured outrage.

Santorum made this public, and I bet it was for no other reason than to pander to the more rabid pro-life crowd.

Colmes commented on it, because it was fair game.

Also, as you might have noticed, Colmes is not exactly alone in his opinion that Santorum's way of handling this was weird.
Oh I'm quite well versed in irony, are you?

And did he make it public? I don't know. I certainly never heard of this before Colmes brought it up and Santorum was asked about it. Why did Colmes feel the need to bring up the Santorum's child, dead since 1996? Was it to make a partisan attack on him?

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Never said they did.
No, but you did say: So once again the loony left manages to make everything a parisan(sic) issue when it was clearly made a parftisan issue from post #1 by one of the self-Righteous.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Would you if Limbaugh made the comments about Obama? Probably not
You better damn well believe I would. Contrary to what you people believe not everyone on the right listens to or follow Rush and I would certainly take him to task for such comments. I didn't agree with Coulter's comments on the 9/11 widows, I thought they were tacky and insensitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies