Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 03:53 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Of course it does.....all of the violence is not just started out of the blue from OWS. You poke a dog long enough with a stick it will growl, snap and maybe even bark at you. A lot of that is going on through the movement.
Violence at leftist rallies like this is pretty darn common. Sorry but I don't buy the party line from OWS that they're peaceful and got violent in response to the police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 03:56 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Violence at leftist rallies like this is pretty darn common. Sorry but I don't buy the party line from OWS that they're peaceful and got violent in response to the police.

It is not a party line...what I am saying to you is that now PROOF is surfacing as to the police abuse. You choose to believe it or not that surely is up to you...but do not blame all the ill's on the protesters it just isn't so.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:03 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
As I have said time and again, all this violence the nay-sayers want to claim against OWS... is not neccesarily so. Violence begets violence.

If you can read this article and then read again and say there is no problem with LE in this country, bless your heart....as we say in the south.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/03/ny...cing.html?_r=2
It's good to see the author of the article put to use the education he received in a liberal college the way the article is written.

Anyone wanna make a bet he is an OWS sympathizer?

Old 01-03-2012, 05:29 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Try again chuck..

(quotes from the article)

The cop jammed a fist into his throat, turning Mr. Devereaux into a de facto battering ram to push back protesters.
I'll begin your quote...." as the OWS crowd SURGED", did you miss that....

Quote:
Senator Adams retired as a police captain. He loved the blue and all it implied, and acknowledges he was not above cursing the laws that restrained him.
“Who wouldn’t like unlimited power?” he said.
Good for him, he evidently had unlimited power as he was a captain....

Quote:
and on your oops...

Let me venture into the world of the impossible then. The police patrolmen’s guide is explicit. “Members of the media,” it states, “will not be arrested for criminal trespass unless an owner expressly indicates ... that the press is not to be permitted.”
Wooppppppssss on you not me.....

So basically what you are saying is.....the press can do what ever it wants, when ever it wants....even if it is breaking the law.....

Sorry, but you musta missed this again.....

So again, we are unsure if they were breaking the law, but as you say, they were...so that's it....

Quote:
It is impossible to say the reporters were not breaking the law,” a spokesman wrote to me.

Quote:
It is not a party line...what I am saying to you is that now PROOF is surfacing as to the police abuse. You choose to believe it or not that surely is up to you...but do not blame all the ill's on the protesters it just isn't so.
Is it police abuse, if the press is breaking the law?

Old 01-03-2012, 05:37 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,211,007 times
I think the cops show amazing restraint in their actions against these pathetic morons.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:51 PM

NO LEO has unlimited power. You need to read the other quote from the article. No one was breaking any laws. Further, if you do not see anything wrong with the whole "throat" incident for starters, then truly I say...God bless you. Like lambs to the slaughter, no wonder this nation is in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I'll begin your quote...." as the OWS crowd SURGED", did you miss that....

Good for him, he evidently had unlimited power as he was a captain....

Wooppppppssss on you not me.....

So basically what you are saying is.....the press can do what ever it wants, when ever it wants....even if it is breaking the law.....

Sorry, but you musta missed this again.....

So again, we are unsure if they were breaking the law, but as you say, they were...so that's it....

Old 01-03-2012, 05:59 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
There are so many legitimate reasons to crap on police officers and they pick this crap.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:22 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
NO LEO has unlimited power. You need to read the other quote from the article. No one was breaking any laws. Further, if you do not see anything wrong with the whole "throat" incident for starters, then truly I say...God bless you. Like lambs to the slaughter, no wonder this nation is in trouble.
You picked what quotes you wanted and I picked what quotes I wanted.....

And I can personally guarantee you that saying a "Fist to the throat" can mean many many things....., if the dude was LINE BACKER size and that guy was 5'5".....do you really truly honestly believe he would not be in the hospital with a tube down his throat.........if you cannot, well BLESS YOUR HEART......as we say down here in the South...

So again, what your saying is, even if someone goes beyond what they are allowed to do...by the law...it's ok....now that's you talking because even in that link you posted.....it said we are not sure if the reporters broke the law or not......

SO, you can nit pick and break any part of the sentence up and cipher it anyway you want......and as always....BLESS YOUR HEART....

Quote:
Anything on this though...or you just picking and choosing what you want to answer....

Old 01-03-2012, 06:37 PM

Did you read the article chuck? Did you read the quotes I listed as to how press was to be treated? I am thinking not or you would not be asking that question. The abuse of power is obvious. NO LEO has that kind of authority or power, period!

You need to get your arms around the fact that the police have and do screw up and on more than one occasion it is the LEO fault. The law suits tht are now coming to light will be telling.

And NO...the LEO are never authorized to use any abuse for any reason at any time. No matter who the subject is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You picked what quotes you wanted and I picked what quotes I wanted.....

And I can personally guarantee you that saying a "Fist to the throat" can mean many many things....., if the dude was LINE BACKER size and that guy was 5'5".....do you really truly honestly believe he would not be in the hospital with a tube down his throat.........if you cannot, well BLESS YOUR HEART......as we say down here in the South...

So again, what your saying is, even if someone goes beyond what they are allowed to do...by the law...it's ok....now that's you talking because even in that link you posted.....it said we are not sure if the reporters broke the law or not......

SO, you can nit pick and break any part of the sentence up and cipher it anyway you want......and as always....BLESS YOUR HEART....

Anything on this though...or you just picking and choosing what you want to answer....

Old 01-03-2012, 08:25 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
Well we all know the OWS people are as gentle and innocent as new born babes and all 600+ incidents of violence and other acts are because those big meanies in blue provoked them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies