Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 11:33 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times

Advertisements

The question of who is qualified for federal office is a matter of the US constitution, a federal law. State courts cannot make decisions here.

As the court stated in regard to TX's white primaries:

"Federal courts must for themselves appraise the facts leading to that conclusion. It is only by the performance of this obligation that a final and uniform interpretation can be given to the Constitution, the "supreme Law of the Land."

SMITH V. ALLWRIGHT, 321 U. S. 649 :: Volume 321 :: 1944 :: Full Text :: US Supreme Court Cases from Justia & Oyez

So, a Georgia state court can rule if it wants but the feds get the last lick. And, I think the feds have already rules on this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 11:44 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
What do you think will happen at the hearing?

"“Birther” attorney Orly Taitz, a national leader among those who claim President Barack Obama isn’t an American citizen, is hailing a Tuesday decision by a Georgia judge as a victory in her movement.

Deputy Chief Judge Michael Malihi in the Office of State Administrative Hearings denied a motion by Obama asking to dismiss the complaint that seeks to keep his name off the state ballot during the March presidential primary. The judge’s decision now sets the stage for a Jan. 26 hearing on the issue in Fulton County."

Ledger-Enquirer.com | 01/05/2012 | 'Birther' attorney Orly Taitz returns: Georgia judge to hear arguments on Obama’s eligibility in presidential election (http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2012/01/05/1881044/taitz-returns-georgia-judge-to.html#storylink=cpy - broken link)

Quote:
On her blog, Taitz lauded the judge’s ruling, claiming she could now depose Obama.
“I can now depose Obama and everybody else (i)nvolved without any impediment,” the California attorney posted on her website.
The fact that anyone puts their faith and support in Taitz is quite telling of their own mental faculties.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:47 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
So after one of these upcoming court cases (both in January, I think) transpire (if they get that far), and the court determines Obama is a citizen...
That's not under dispute. You're either underinformed or you're not paying attention.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Yes .. again, and I'm sure not for the last time ... birther madness strikes!
Oh yeah, we're all "mad" for abiding by the U.S. Constitution. That's madness, I tell ya.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The quote refers to doubts that the court in Minor V Happersett did not feel they needed to address in the context of the case.
SCOTUS stated it wasn't necessary in this case to resolve doubts as to whether one qualified as a citizen "without reference to the citizenship of their parents."

SCOTUS was very clear in defining natural born citizens as "children born in a country of parents who were its citizens."

Old 01-05-2012, 12:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
This has been under the radar for a while and most people don't know the story of Virginia Sunahara.
<snip> (Sorry, but I don't want to make a lengthly post, and this is all I need to respond.)

I thought even birthers had moved beyond such nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yeah! And Martians are possibly landing at JFK tonoght in search of duty free Irish Whiskey.
Elvis is alive in a nursing home here in Louisville CO! (Now watch someone believe this!)

Old 01-05-2012, 12:26 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
The fact that anyone puts their faith and support in Taitz is quite telling of their own mental faculties.
If Squeaky Fromme could not get Gerry Ford on the stand as a material witness after she tried to cap him with a .45, how much success do you think Taitz will have in making a sitting president testify at a deposition?

Old 01-05-2012, 01:51 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,085 times
This is an update

http://obamareleaseyourrecords.blogs...st-hawaii.html

Old 01-05-2012, 01:55 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
The birther stuff is really getting even more ridiculous then the 9/11 conspiracy theorists.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:58 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
>People still believe the birther idiocy

Oh, children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies