Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 09:36 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV4ME View Post
Whatever.. I believe him more than you. I've just joined and read the entire thread from start to finish and I believe unwitting conspirator enablers are THE dumb rednecks.
The guy that "just joined" agrees with the other guy that "just joined."

Gosh, what a surprise.

So which truther site did he recruit you from? Wouldn't be the first time that someone who was posting loony crap and being called on it went and got some friends to back them up...

As for you believing him more than me, I wouldn't expect anything other than that. Truthers have proven over time that they are completely closed minded and dismiss outright anything that doesn't fit their preconceived conclusions. That's why I don't put much effort into trying to convince them - it's a complete waste of time.

I honestly don't know why they even bother engaging in "discussions" on the topic - they're not interested in actually discussing it. They only want a truther circle jerk where everyone's in agreement. If anyone disagrees with any of the nonsense they post, they're summarily dismissed as "blind," "eating what they're spoon fed by the government," "stupid," etc. You don't want a discussion - you want praise for being the guy that "broke the case wide open."

I read an article once the described the psychological conditions that habitual conspiracy theorists exhibit. I should have bookmarked that. It was quite interesting, and made a ton of sense - much more sense than what the truthers post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 09:54 AM

30 posts, read 17,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The guy that "just joined" agrees with the other guy that "just joined."

Gosh, what a surprise.

So which truther site did he recruit you from? Wouldn't be the first time that someone who was posting loony crap and being called on it went and got some friends to back them up...

As for you believing him more than me, I wouldn't expect anything other than that. Truthers have proven over time that they are completely closed minded and dismiss outright anything that doesn't fit their preconceived conclusions. That's why I don't put much effort into trying to convince them - it's a complete waste of time.

I honestly don't know why they even bother engaging in "discussions" on the topic - they're not interested in actually discussing it. They only want a truther circle jerk where everyone's in agreement. If anyone disagrees with any of the nonsense they post, they're summarily dismissed as "blind," "eating what they're spoon fed by the government," "stupid," etc. You don't want a discussion - you want praise for being the guy that "broke the case wide open."

I read an article once the described the psychological conditions that habitual conspiracy theorists exhibit. I should have bookmarked that. It was quite interesting, and made a ton of sense - much more sense than what the truthers post.
Congratulations, you just marginalized yourself. One only needs to watch the 3 vids that were recently posted and your lack of response to them to know as much.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:26 AM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Hey, here's something from the BBC broadcast that the truthers should look into. Jane Standley makes reference to the damage and partial collapse of "the Marriott, the hotel next to the World Trade Center."

The Marriott was PART of the World Trade Center, not "next to it"; as a matter of fact, it's WTC Building 3 and accessible from the lobby of One. Haven't any of you looked into what she may have REALLY meant by that and what she might have been trying to hide???? I think someone better get on that pronto.

Also, before the collapses, a crowd was gathered around an SUV that had its radio on a couple of blocks away from the WTC. I distinctly heard the reporter say that ten planes had been hijacked and that a plane had been flown into the Washington Monument. A year or so later, I read of a woman who was in Hoboken at the time who also heard that report about the Washington Monument.

If the WM really had a plane flown into it, how did they cover that up? And why would the Illuminati-controlled media permit such a statement to be made if it either weren't true or it was true but was somehow hidden from the public?

Get on this, guys.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 01-08-2012 at 11:35 AM..

Old 01-08-2012, 11:29 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Congratulations, you just marginalized yourself. One only needs to watch the 3 vids that were recently posted and your lack of response to them to know as much.
Congratulations, you just wrote the post that makes less sense than any other in this thread. (And that's sayin' something!)

I've seen all three of those videos, or variants of them - years ago. There's no reason for me to respond to them - again - for some guy that only joined this forum today. You haven't earned that. Stick around a while, build a reputation as someone who isn't a complete whack job, and maybe I'll be willing to expend some effort in formulating a response to you.

Frankly, though, it's probably not going to be worth it. As I said, people like you have already made up their minds. Putting time into proving why you're wrong is just banging one's head against a brick wall, as you will never accept any evidence that proves that what you believe isn't true. Why, then, should I go to that effort? Why should I waste that much of my precious free time on you? Why should I consider these threads as having any value whatsoever, other than their obvious entertainment value?

Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true. The "evidence" you guys have provided over the years has been thoroughly debunked, many years ago, yet you continue to post it, over and over. The same goes for dismissing actual research and evidence. You can't just say that it's invalid and make it so, yet that's what you and a hundred other yous that have come and gone on this site and others continuously do. Are you really surprised that as more and more time goes by, your position is considered to be more and more of a joke?

Old 01-08-2012, 11:36 AM

And what does that mean in the overlay caption on the BBC Broadcast when it says that Building 7 is "Visable" in the background? Was the building eligible to get a Visa? And do they mean a travel visa or the credit card Visa? It's all very deep and confusing, this conspiracy stuff.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Congratulations, you just wrote the post that makes less sense than any other in this thread. (And that's sayin' something!)

I've seen all three of those videos, or variants of them - years ago. There's no reason for me to respond to them - again - for some guy that only joined this forum today. You haven't earned that. Stick around a while, build a reputation as someone who isn't a complete whack job, and maybe I'll be willing to expend some effort in formulating a response to you.

Frankly, though, it's probably not going to be worth it. As I said, people like you have already made up their minds. Putting time into proving why you're wrong is just banging one's head against a brick wall, as you will never accept any evidence that proves that what you believe isn't true. Why, then, should I go to that effort? Why should I waste that much of my precious free time on you? Why should I consider these threads as having any value whatsoever, other than their obvious entertainment value?

Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true. The "evidence" you guys have provided over the years has been thoroughly debunked, many years ago, yet you continue to post it, over and over. The same goes for dismissing actual research and evidence. You can't just say that it's invalid and make it so, yet that's what you and a hundred other yous that have come and gone on this site and others continuously do. Are you really surprised that as more and more time goes by, your position is considered to be more and more of a joke?
That's a great phrase, Swagger. Perfect description. They all say exactly the same things, down to the phrases. They don't answer any questions if there is not a rote answer provided by the CT sites.

Kind of like the Borg. They've been assimiliated.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:03 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,354 times

9/11: A Conspiracy Theory - YouTube

Old 01-08-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:

But I didn't post them. DifferentDrum did. A "senior member" just like you.

Do you know how easy it is for me to make you look ridiculous? At least MQ takes her lumps. swagger ...lol... my a**.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Awesome.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
But I didn't post them. DifferentDrum did. A "senior member" just like you.

Do you know how easy it is for me to make you look ridiculous? At least MQ takes her lumps. swagger ...lol... my a**.

You're not making him look ridiculous in any way, shape or form. And I don't see where you get the idea I took any "lumps". I did acknowledge the one post where one of you actually took a moment to answer a question I put forth. That's not taking lumps. That's being amazed at a response different from that of the collective.

The huge difference between me and you (the Borg/yous)--other than the fact that I was at the WTC on 9/11 and close to the aftermath and rebuilding ever since and it's kind of obvious that you've never been anywhere near NYC--is that I once actually asked myself, "could this conspiracy stuff be TRUE?" and set out to discover whether or not there was anything to it. I took what I knew firsthand, talked to engineers present on the site, including one who had reviewed some of the original "controlled demolition" websites, and asked them what they thought. I talked to other survivors and people who were involved in the Fresh Kills operations. I read books and articles written by people on different aspects of the attacks. It was fascinating. And I realized that it was painfully obvious how much fake crap was being put out by the conspiracy people.

And when I tried to have rational discussions or enlighten some of the CT Borg with firsthand knowledge, I found that they a) either ignored what I had to say, b) repeated the same exact phrases over and over, word for word, or c) accused me of being part of the CIA and a plant paid to infiltrate Internet forums and spread disinformation. I laughed the first time (c) happened. By the third or fourth time, I knew there was some kind of serious problem out there.

You, on the other hand, have never looked at what you've been told by the conspiracy sites and said to yourselves, "is it possible that this information is not correct? Perhaps I should check it out with outside sources." You swallowed it hook, line and sinker. I hope you didn't send them any money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies