Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 10:59 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times

Advertisements

I would rather pay for an abortion for a woman who did not want her baby, than for a murder trial, and life in prison for a woman who killed her baby, after it was born.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 11:02 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
A baby can breathe air. A baby is not attatched by an umbical cord.

An embryo cannot live outside of the host, therefore it is not a viable baby.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:11 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
[quote=personwhoisaperson;22402927]
A provocative title? I'm sorry if you find that provocative, you must have some issues./[quote]

. pro·voc·a·tive

adjective 1. tending or serving to provoke

Provocative | Define Provocative at Dictionary.com

Yes, I do believe the title of your thread was meant to "provoke."

Old 01-05-2012, 12:07 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
A BABY is not a parasitic growth! It is a BABY! And everyone knows that people don't always get abortions just because "it could endanger the life of the host.". People get abortions because they are selfish and want to have sex without having the "burden"!
Parasite | Define Parasite at Dictionary.com

The relationship between mother and unborn fetus IS parasitic by very definition.

BTW, my husband and I refuse to have children. At all. To the point that if I get pregnant (not likely, between the BC options used) I am already 100% sure there will be an abortion.

Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting we not have sex for the rest of our lives?

You have alot to learn about grown folks relationships....

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Adoption is so often overlooked by the pro-abortionists. Sad.
If adoption were so popular, there wouldnt be children spending their entire lives in foster homes, moved from house to house every few years so the next person can get a check. Have you not done any research into the lives of foster children?
Quote:
The highlighted comment just proves my point. If you can have sex, you should be ready to, possibly, have a baby. There's a little thing called adoption.
If abortion was illegal, the abortion rate would drastically drop.
I agree with the first part of the last paragraph. Women that I know who have had abortions have suffered very great depression. There is only one woman that I know who is completely unaffected by the 3 abortions she had.

No, sweetie, it wouldnt. There would simply be more back alley abortions, and more women would die mangled from it. Abortion wasnt always legal, and it being illegal doesnt.stop.anything.

Wanna know one of the methods it was done? A coathanger. Yes, think about that.

If I were of age, I would. My mother has offered a few women a chance for a better life for their soon to be aborted babies. The answer was that they didn't want to have the baby because it would ruin their figure, or because they just didn't want to have to deal with the paperwork.

WHY should that person suffer for 9 months just so she can hand it over to your mother?!
BTW I don't understand how you or anyone else can say that it is a girls right to choose what to do with her own body, because it is not her body that shes killing.
Because as long as that fetus depends on that mothers body to live, THE MOTHER has the final say so. Just as you being a minor depend on your parents for everything, YOUR parents have the final say so in pretty much everything you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
The fetus has its own heart (and heartBEAT), its own lungs, and its own brain. It is not merely part of a woman's body. It is a separate entity.
Then why does it have an umbiblical cord, that shares her food with it, her blood, her everything?

Quote:
It is relevant because people say "It's her body." but it's not, it is a totally different body. It's not using a woman against her will if she had sex. People who have sex, even if they are on bc, know that pregnancy is a possible consequence. If she doesn't want even the possibility of getting pregnant, she shouldn't have sex, it's as simple as that.
Again, you're suggesting this for MARRIED couples? That makes me chuckle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
There are some friends of mine who are planning on going to a clinic with signs that say "instead of abortion, let me adopt your baby". I know of at least one couple (friends of friends) who has adopted a baby by doing this. I think if they were allowed to, MANY conservatives would opt in for doing just this!
Heh, and Im one of the people who would walk right on by and into the clinic.
Quote:
Because, eventually, we will all be paying for it. If they don't want it to be our business, then we shouldn't have to pay for it. I have stated other opinions about what I think about abortion itself, and I don't think it should be legal. But since it is, and it isn't likely to change, I think there should be a major time limit, and the woman in question should be educated about it.

What the hell is your problem? Do you have nothing better to do than badger me because I'm 16, homeschooled and don't agree with you? Your life must be pretty pathetic. This forum is part of my current events class, not that it's any of your business. All you are doing, by posting these things about me, is trying to get people to jump on your band wagon about how terrible Christian, homeschooled, conservative, teenagers are. It obviously has not worked. You don't' like me, don't get on my threads its as simple as that.
A provocative title? I'm sorry if you find that provocative, you must have some issues. Most people on here have good arguments, unlike you.
I get plenty of attention at home. You must not have been so fortunate as a child.
I think she's telling you that this is a subject where you need some life experience on you to be able to properly and completely make a judgement call.
Live a little, then come back. Life isnt in black and white.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:58 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
If it was a medical procedure for a man, there would not be any debate or issues.
I would love to hear the longer, better defined version of that statement.... please go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
any foster parent in it for the checks is neither a liberal or a conservative but a opportunist they have no political affiliation. to suggest otherwise is offensive to both parties
To suggest that to reasonably minded people from any political stance yes, but we no longer value reason. I think it would be a fantastic statistic to know, considering how much more reasonable, and caring, and understanding, and educated, and racism free, and progressive one side always seems to think themselves. However, I'd never ever call anyone out for their political leanings.

Last edited by steven_h; 01-05-2012 at 01:08 AM..

Old 01-05-2012, 01:00 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Okay, so it's a "parasitic growth" to you, and a baby to me. That's not pushing my morals, it's stating an opinion.
I am a woman!!!!!!! I am anti-abortion because, I don't believe in killing Innocent babies! That doesn't mean I don't want to know why people believe what they do. I want to know why people think that way, in logical terms. Not the crap that you are spewing! So who is the one with the agenda here? I'm not trying to make anyone believe what I believe, unlike you who are hostile toward anyone who is anti-abortion. To you it's not a moral or political issue, it's just a matter of "Rip the fetus out of her body and see if it lives." that IMO is crazy, but it's your opinion.
And you keep saying that you don't have an agenda, but you clearly do.
Look at the emotional verbiage you use to sway to your POV.
What crap am I spewing?

I'm responding to your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
I agree whole heartedly with that! I think if you teach kids about sex, they have to know about the consequences as well. And what those consequences mean for the rest of their lives. THAT's why I don't think schools should teach sex education, that it should be a parents job. Because a parent can do a much better job of explaining real world facts about what life really is going to be like. It's not just a biological function that feels good... but there are consequences, that are both wonderous and difficult all at the same time.
But parents are NOT doing their job.
Parents don't want to tell their kids about sex and health; many are embarassed.

When you use hyperbole, I respond in hyperbole.

If you didn't have an agenda, you'd simply read one of the dozens of other anti-abortion threads available.

Last edited by chielgirl; 01-05-2012 at 01:42 AM..

Old 01-05-2012, 01:35 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
That's your opinion, which is fine.

When you try to impose your opinion and morals on others, it's not.

That a fetus is not a person is an opinion as well.

The problem with this opinion is that it is illogical and based on personal convenience rather than rational thought.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:43 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I believe that this is completely disingenuous.
There are dozens of other threads on the same topic if you were really interested.

Agenda anyone?

Bully for you.
However, I completely disagree.
Abortion is an extremely personal issue.

Against abortion, don't have one.
It's really pretty simple.

Personal issues don't involve ending the life of another person who had the misfortune of being conceived by parents who don't care to accept responsibility for their deliberate actions.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:43 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That a fetus is not a person is an opinion as well.

The problem with this opinion is that it is illogical and based on personal convenience rather than rational thought.
In your opinion.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:02 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Written like a true choicer, one who'd give women the unlimited right to abort at any time, for any reason, before birth. First month, 3rd month, 8th month, who cares, the invading parasite can be destroyed.

Fortunately, even the Roe v. Wade court had the good sense to recognize the 'right to privacy' isn't unlimited. 'It is reasonable and appropriate for a State to decide that, at some point in time another interest, that of of potential human life, becomes significantly involved. The woman's privacy is no longer sole and any right of privacy she possesses must be measured accordingly... the State has still another important and legitimate interest in protecting the potentiality of human life.'

Thank goodness neither people like you nor rabid pro-lifers make the aw.
I would give the woman the choice to abort at any time until viability.
Don't like or want an abortion, don't have one.
Who is forcing you?

It's the woman's body that's the incubator.
Her choice.

You say "like a true choicer" as an epithet. It is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies