Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 01:21 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,172,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The GOP tried everything to cripple the NLRP-afterall, it's there to protect the interests of working-class Americans, not anyone the GOP is interested in.

I don't know why it took Obama 2 1/2 to remember he's a Democrat, but I like it
Unions no longer represent working class americans though. They are mainly government worker dominated unions hoping to get in fatter benefits and pensions, while the private sector limps along.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 01:27 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,172,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Unions no longer represent working class americans though. They are mainly government worker dominated unions hoping to get in fatter benefits and pensions, while the private sector limps along.

Apparently NLRB or Unions haven't heard of Wichita, KS.
Quote:
Freshman Republican Mike Pompeo on Wednesday called Boeing’s announcement that the plant would close a confession that it wouldn’t honor previous commitments.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:30 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,609,139 times
More Republican bullsh*t.......
As Statehouse Row Erupts Over GOP Bill, Indiana Reps Debate Curbs on Right to Organize Unions

Old 01-05-2012, 01:32 PM

Obama makes recess appointments to the NLRB

An interesting response at CATO@Liberty
Quote:
If any doubt remained, three years into his presidency, that Obama is a master demagogue, with class warfare as his central tool, this incident should dispel it.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:33 PM

22,230 posts, read 17,786,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I meant that Congress will do nothing to stop him or undo what he's done about the appointments.

I'm still waiting on Congress to do something about Libya. All they got was a memo.."FYI, I'm going to bomb Libya tomorrow and don't need your approval."

You know, you may be right Happy guy. Obama could be in danger of losing Republican support in Congress.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:34 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,928,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Bush did the same thing but when Dirty Harry pulled his little trick that the repubs are doing this time Bush didn't appoint anybody. The courts will decide this one and Obama will lose. Plus the fact that the bill that created the new position says the director has to be approved by congress throws the whole thing out the window. Obama needs to realize he's not God and does have to follow some rules even though his chair is bigger than the rest I think.
Bush lawyers didn't think he'd lose.

Call the Senate's bluff on recess appointments

Care to explain this away?

Old 01-05-2012, 01:37 PM

Let's see what the Bush lawyers said about these Pro Forma sessions for the sole purpose of thwarting the Constitutional right of a President to make recess appointments.

Sorry to be such a drag. I know you right wingers were having such a great pity party. Telling us how "illegal" Obama is with another fake outrage story.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Let's see what the Bush lawyers said about these Pro Forma sessions for the sole purpose of thwarting the Constitutional right of a President to make recess appointments.

Sorry to be such a drag. I know you right wingers were having such a great pity party. Telling us how "illegal" Obama is with another fake outrage story.
Wait... let's just call Justice Kagan's bluff on recess appointments, her opion whilte OBAMA SOLICITOR GENERAL.
Quote:
...then-Obama Solicitor General Elena Kagan wrote to the Supreme Court on April 26, 2010: “Although a President may fill such vacancies through the use of his recess appointment power … the Senate may act to foreclose this option by declining to recess for more than two or three days at a time over a lengthy period. For example, the Senate did not recess intrasession for more than three days at a time for over a year beginning in late 2007.”
I guess she'll be recusing herself when THIS gets to SCOTUS.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Wait... let's just call Justice Kagan's bluff on recess appointments, her opion whilte OBAMA SOLICITOR GENERAL.
Yes you've completely missed the critical issue.

Pro Forma sessions with that contain no Senate business (what is going on here ) versus recesses that are only three days between sessions that contain ACTUAL WORK.

Perfectly reasonable that the Pres in not allowed to appoint during 3 day recesses between "real" sessions of Congress.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:45 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,185,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I want congress to do its job. It has failed. If Obama has to go a less than ideal route to get things done, why is that categorically wrong? Hasn't some President you've supported done the exact same thing? Isn't the my-way-or-the-highway, with-us-or-against-us, ends-justify-the-means thinking exactly what rightwingers are looking for in a leader?
As long as you believe violating the constitution is a good thing then one would have to be for it. If however you think violating the Constitution is not good then you would be against it. The question is is this high treason and is it impeachable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies