Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2012, 12:24 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
The following is an official DOD News Briefing transcript from Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen. Cohen's keynote address at the Conference on Terrorism, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and U.S. Strategy at the Georgia Center, Mahler Auditorium, University of Georgia, Athens, Ga. The event is part of the Sam Nunn Policy Forum being hosted by the University of Georgia. Secretary Cohen is joined by Sen. Sam Nunn and Sen. Richard G. Lugar. Cohen was asked several questions and in one question/answer he states the following:

Q: Let me ask you specifically about last week's scare here in Washington, and what we might have learned from how prepared we are to deal with that (inaudible), at B'nai Brith.

A: Well, it points out the nature of the threat. It turned out to be a false threat under the circumstances. But as we've learned in the intelligence community, we had something called -- and we have James Woolsey here to perhaps even address this question about phantom moles. The mere fear that there is a mole within an agency can set off a chain reaction and a hunt for that particular mole which can paralyze the agency for weeks and months and years even, in a search. The same thing is true about just the false scare of a threat of using some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one. There are some reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very dangerous phenomenon, to say the least. Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.

So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations. It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and that's why this is so important.

Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen
So there are people "at work finding ways" to do these things. Note that the smoking gun you think you produced actually has a bent barrel - he didn't say that anyone had accomplished them.

So now that we're assuming that there are people "at work finding ways" to accomplish these things, don't you agree that we should be working on understanding the technology ourselves? Go ahead, shut the HAARP program down. If they're using it for what you think they are, then you'd be losing the only serious program performing research into the very technology that may be used against us, right?

I fail to see how, in light of this new information that you yourself have provided, shutting down HAARP could possibly be a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 12:46 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Little bit RRR your favorite talk radio doesn't provide, "Earth Temperature" is somewhat abstract concept, it can be estimated (using real world data) but it cannot be measured directly.

Temperature, is a tricky concept of thermodynamics. Most of global warming deniers don't even know what thermodynamics is, but they know that AGW is bogus, because talk radio gurus (raking in 50 mil a head to preach to $25k/year crowd, you don't need to know how solve dy/dx=x to become global warming experts.
Oh ... so these multi-million dollar satellite systems can't monitor global temperatures? LOL

And you think there is a conspiracy with talk radio to convince the public AGW is bogus? LOL

And people claim "conspiracy theory" for HAARP which is not being hidden by the government .... LOL

Old 01-07-2012, 01:05 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,027 times
Quote:
Oh ... so these multi-million dollar satellite systems can't monitor global temperatures? LOL

And you think there is a conspiracy with talk radio to convince the public AGW is bogus? LOL

And people claim "conspiracy theory" for HAARP which is not being hidden by the government .... LOL
Actually, measuring global temperature of your room is a challenge most of the day. Temperature is an equilibrium thermodynamics concept, there is little equilibrium in the "real" world. As I said, global temperature is a "mathematical" abstraction, however it doesn't mean that it's meaningless, it gives an idea about the environmental trends. You don't really need to know exact numbers of the red hot pan (we also can't measure it exactly), all you need to know that "abstract" numbers are increasing and at some point a heated pan will burn your arse, regardless of the number's precision.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
So there are people "at work finding ways" to do these things. Note that the smoking gun you think you produced actually has a bent barrel - he didn't say that anyone had accomplished them.
True ... but then this statement was made one and a half decades ago (15 years) ...

Quote:
So now that we're assuming that there are people "at work finding ways" to accomplish these things, don't you agree that we should be working on understanding the technology ourselves? Go ahead, shut the HAARP program down. If they're using it for what you think they are, then you'd be losing the only serious program performing research into the very technology that may be used against us, right?
We did develop the HAARP system so its more the other way around. Other countries are trying to come up to our speed.

Quote:
I fail to see how, in light of this new information that you yourself have provided, shutting down HAARP could possibly be a good idea.
This is not new information. Most of the information available on the internet is not new. The government is fully aware of the information that exists on the internet and they have removed information. The new aspect might be whistle-blowers that come out or people like me who try to connect the dots for my own understanding and curiosity.

Should HAARP and related programs be shut-down? I never posted an opinion on this. I have no problems with developing new technologies. I do have a problem with exposing the general public and land to potential harm or negative impacts without public notification. I do have a problem with developing and testing these exotic systems and weapons without full knowledge of the risks and impacts on our environment including the upper atmosphere. These clowns could create a global disaster by punching holes through the protective layers of our atmosphere.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:32 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
What really amazes me is the level of uninformed on this board. We present creditable information for discussion and collaboration but yet people will post instant rejection, will not even read the information presented, will not contribute to the subject, but will attempt to discredit the information while exposing their lack of intelligence. It's no wonder this country is being destroyed before our eyes while these same people are defending and supporting the ones responsible for the damage.
I think that's deliberate. Conditioned by authoritarians putting on airs of omnipotence, considering anything new in a state of suspended disbelief is 'weakness'. It lacks the glamorpuss of hollywood that's conditioned people into the expectation of being perpetually entertained. The weakness is the delusions of omnipotence, which conspiracy theorists aren't immune from either. The penchant to be sucked into the vortex of a madman fighting fire with fire is strong. It's not possible to reason with a man convinced he's defending his family from you no matter how irrational his evidence. Hawks count on it to abuse male instincts to control them.

I can certainly empathize with scientists exasperated by extremes. No one is allowed to meaningfully discuss global warming without both extremes feeling compelled to embellish, outright lie, add the kitchen sink, burying the truth before it ever had a chance to come to light. Am I guilty of adding misinformation with that persian gulf youtube? I approach it like an archeology dig. There's a whole lot of irrelevance that needs parsing from the objects of interest. When all sides are willing to believe they might be mistaken, the truth has a shot to prevail.

The good news about this discovery of UL radio frequencies is that science is now empowered (if it's serious) to use that as a criteria to monitor from the sky and on site earth quake zones that could potentially reveal it's source- whether natural or man made. We understand how tsunami's are created, and there are now early detection buoys in place to minimize the devastation to life. When evil people understand how tsunami's are created, we are obliged to pay keen attention to suspicious activity.

So... my question to claud and yourself; are you OK with science if it proves that tectonic plate shifting created the UL radio frequencies? Are you OK with science if it proves the super heated air predating an earthquake is the release of radon from the ground? If it becomes established fact that wouldn't mean HAARP is automatically harmless. It would mean another kitchen sink has been eliminated from serious inquiry.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
So... my question to claud and yourself; are you OK with science if it proves that tectonic plate shifting created the UL radio frequencies? Are you OK with science if it proves the super heated air predating an earthquake is the release of radon from the ground? If it becomes established fact that wouldn't mean HAARP is automatically harmless. It would mean another kitchen sink has been eliminated from serious inquiry.
I posted the HAARP information for the validation process. Presenting information that either disproves, validates or provides another avenue to consider is exactly what I'm looking for. Otherwise I would do the research and keep it to myself.

What do we know:

A 9.0 magnitude earthquake occurred on March 11, 2011 at 05:46:23 UTC.

Low frequency signals were present before and after the quake as shown on the HAARP Induction Magnetometer (see below) in Gakona, AK. The image below was downloaded from the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) website. The fact that the data came from the HAARP system indicates the HAARP system was in use. That evidence is pretty good if you ask me. What do you have to show the signal was generated from the earth itself?
http://presscore.ca/2011/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/gkn20110311_Bx.gif (broken link)

Old 01-08-2012, 01:19 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
you ask;
Quote:
Of course! Wherever the evidece leads is fine by me. I don't like being lied to. I have become highly distrusting of my gov't, because they are increasingly secretive and proving themselves untrustworthy. I search for truth, that is my source of entertainment. I read non-fiction, I prefer to watch programs and videos that teach me something. I may not be all that learned, but I do enjoy learning. To me, information is power, otherwise we fall victims to what others want us to believe.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:39 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
I would expect this to be on the Science forum. Nothing political about earthquakes for sure.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony45 View Post
I would expect this to be on the Science forum. Nothing political about earthquakes for sure.
This forum is Politics and Other Controversies. This subject is both political and would be considered under "other controversies". The politicians choose to fund and use these new weapon systems and they choose to use them in the USA under secrecy. What do you think would happen is we found that some of the relatively recent major storms that caused death and destruction in the Midwest with floods and Tornado's was caused by these systems? What is we found they were secretly used to push the global warming agenda? What about the Tohoku, Haiti or China earthquakes?

Last edited by Vascodagama; 01-08-2012 at 10:02 AM..

Old 01-08-2012, 12:25 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony45 View Post
There is no science involved in this thread either, just moronic pseudo-science of the most inane kind. These twits cannot even comprehend that weather only occurs in the troposphere and stratosphere, yet HAARP operates in the ionosphere, which is over 40 miles above the stratosphere. Therefore, HAARP could not possibly have any effect on the weather or anything else.

Threads like this are both entertaining and instructive. They are instructive in understanding the level of stupidity some idiots have devolved into, and emphasizes why science is an important part of education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies