Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 01:51 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times

Advertisements

Whoever loses the election, regardless of party, will be said to have stolen the election through some kind of voter fraud.

Just vote independent or third party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 01:53 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Electronic voting sucks. It couldn't be too hard for anyone to change the actual results.
Just curious, do you feel the same way about electronic banking? Use a credit or debit card?

Old 01-05-2012, 01:59 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Just curious, do you feel the same way about electronic banking? Use a credit or debit card?
I have no credit cards. Only one for the ATM. I trust my bank, plus I can review my banking history for possible errors. Why would they cheat me out of small amounts?
For elections much more is at stake, getting into power could mean raking in millions, sending the military to various wars, imposing laws. etc.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:01 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
We are in danger of the Communist-in-Chief stealing the next election, not the GOP. Good grief....

Old 01-05-2012, 02:07 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times
I think they should count the paper ballots that come out of those machines to make sure there was no funny business going on there. If there's not a big difference and same person wins each time then use the machine as the official count because of human error. But if the machine says one person won but the hand counting says the other person wins then go with the hand counting.

I know before that some of those machines didn't have a paper trail but they all do now right? I mean with all these Republicans being so concerned about the integrity of the elections I'm sure they did something about that

Old 01-05-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Given the history of the Democratic machine and their election fraud, I think you anger is misplaced. And having known someone who drove senior citizens to the polls, accompanied them into the booths and pushed the levers for them as part of the Democratic corruption, I really think your anger is misplaced.
If the senior citizens asked for assistance there is nothing wrong with that at all

Old 01-05-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Whoever loses the election, regardless of party, will be said to have stolen the election through some kind of voter fraud.

Just vote independent or third party.
With the machines it's not voter fraud, it's election fraud which is much more dangerous and serious

Voter fraud is when I've registered as a dead person so after casting my legal vote I go across town and vote as the dead person. One extra vote, woo hoo!

Election fraud is when I hack into the machine and switch the numbers

Old 01-05-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Just curious, when you use electronic banking do you get some kind of verification? Something that you could use to say "yes I did!" when the bank claims you never deposited that $10,000? Do you get a statement from your credit card company every month detailing what you purchased and for how much and when?

Old 01-05-2012, 02:34 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
When I make a banking transaction, a receipt is given, or I can print a copy. The voting machines could do that, too.

I sat at a Commissioners Court meeting while the man from the voting machine company the county was considering demonstrated how to rig the machine. They can be hacked from a distant place also. Seen the demonstration.

If I can vote in 2 different places in the same state, it is the state who needs to get up to date. Visa knows where I am and when. The state and county could, too.

What difference does it really make? The rich control who runs, who gets funded and the airwaves. We only know what they want us to know.

Nobody is trivializing old folks. 10% do not have photo id.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:36 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Voting in America doesn't change things much anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies