Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 01:30 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the guys on top always get more. get over it.
btw as to overthrow of the old system, have u noticed that the new slave masters are always worse than the old.???

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss." - The Who
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 02:25 PM

867 posts, read 498,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Income inequality is being talked about alot nowdays but what do those who want to end it want exactly? Do they want all people to have equal incomes regardless of job skills and profession? Should an architect and brick layer earn the same to make them equal?

If income equality is the goal then what exactly does that mean and look like?
"Income Equality is just another form of CONTROL. Anytime a member of the ruling class attempts to manipulate something - like income levels - there is something far more sinister at work than the presumed "ill" being addressed.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:55 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,543,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
If income equality is the goal then what exactly does that mean and look like?
Speaking only for myself, I think the inequality is the ACCESS to income. I don't see that anyone has argued that everyone should have the same income, but everyone should have equal opportunities to earn an income. We do not have that, and the barriers to income are growing greater.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:16 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
When does income equality become a problem?

Repeat after me---Whenever Obama Sez It Is!!!

Feel better now?

Old 05-29-2012, 08:20 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
We want the restoration of moderately higher income tax rates on the wealthy.
We want middle class social programs fully funded. This isn't anything different that what was going on during the Reagan years.
Who is "we"? Who exactly do you speak for? Not for me.

What "I" want is for the 47% that don't pay anything to pay their fair share.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:21 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
LOL ...the Zombie lie that 40% of American pay no taxes!......LOL

I told the forum this bogus lie comes up weekly........Cha-ching!

Utter ignorance or blatant dishonesty? .............You decide.
They pay no federal tax. So that's not a lie. But if you're going to bring out the "of course they pay tax" argument, so do the 60% that DO pay federal taxes.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:20 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

They pay no federal tax. So that's not a lie. But if you're going to bring out the "of course they pay tax" argument, so do the 60% that DO pay federal taxes.
Here's How 12,000 Of America's Wealthiest Households Got Off Tax-Free

Wait. Let me guess!

This is okay with you because garblegurgleblghedybleh so there!

Old 06-02-2012, 07:30 AM

160 posts, read 126,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
$50k per year is not poor.

And people making $250k don't have any more tax write offs than people making $50k.

There are not a lot of working poor in this county. There are a lot of non working poor in this country.

There is a direct correlation between the number of people working in a family and family income. The bottom line is that upper income people work more than lower income people.

50 000 for family of four IS poor.

Upper income people work NOT more than lower income people. Look at scientists (engineers, postdocs, research associates at the universities). I really don't understand how some of them can survive for their money.

PS. Memphis1979, ottomobeale, i am totally with you in this discussion.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:38 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What "I" want is for the 47% that don't pay anything to pay their fair share.

23% (approx) owe no federal income tax after taking the standard deduction and personal exemption(s). How much is their fair share?

23% (approx) owe no federal income tax after taking personal exemptions, deductions, and applicable tax credits. How much is their fair share?

Old 06-02-2012, 08:03 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,478,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
23% (approx) owe no federal income tax after taking the standard deduction and personal exemption(s). How much is their fair share?

23% (approx) owe no federal income tax after taking personal exemptions, deductions, and applicable tax credits. How much is their fair share?

it is 15% , just like everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies