Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 08:55 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post

You can't spin that in a bad way.
Sure you can. The layoffs are going on now. I work for a state Labor Dept. We had to adjust hours for all the new claims coming in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 08:55 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
All we will see all year are how great everything is by Obama and his propoganda outlet the MSM. 8% unemployment will be hailed as a great achievement. Stimulous? What is that? Anybody remember that? Nope.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:57 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
All of this but you havent yet responded to posting 88, showing we have actual job losses, how odd. (edit, Suncc49 reposted it right below #106 for your review)
I have a life beyond going through everybody's babble.

Besides an honest argument wouldn't be fixated on a snapshot. Why not do the math over a long term, for a perspective? It is my approach, and I prefer to investigate posts that do the same.

Quote:
Furthermore, this is absolutely no reason to look at ONE month loss and pretend its a pattern or a fair representation. But thats exactly what YOU are doing.
Then why are you in this thread? This thread specifically mentions jobs added in a month. As for me, I'm here to discuss just that.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The stimulus took money out of the economy? You mean the money that the Fed created was taken from somewhere other than a computer program? If so, where was that money taken from?
Where do you think the money came from to spend it? It wasnt created out of thin air. Hint, they sold bonds to pay the debt, thus money wasnt available to invest.

The Fed money created using a computer program, never entered the economy, the stimulus did. Not even close to the same

Old 01-06-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I have a life beyond going through everybody's babble.

Besides an honest argument wouldn't be fixated on a snapshot. Why not do the math over a long term, for a perspective? It is my approach, and I prefer to investigate posts that do the same.
What this means is you choose to ignore postings which show things other than you believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Then why are you in this thread? This thread specifically mentions jobs added in a month. As for me, I'm here to discuss just that.
No you arent, you are here to bash Bush, rather than discuss the figures posted, you just admitted that above by ignoring the "babble" and looking at the "long term"

Ok, lets look at the long term, how many jobs have been lost since Obama was sworn into office?

Old 01-06-2012, 09:04 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
All we will see all year are how great everything is by Obama and his propoganda outlet the MSM. 8% unemployment will be hailed as a great achievement. Stimulous? What is that? Anybody remember that? Nope.
It would have been worse without Bush/Obama stimulus programs. I didn't support them, but I admit it would have been worse if the finance sector had been allowed to collapse, which would have left other industries without funding.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:05 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Really?

At the beginning of 2009 there were about 180k troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.
At the beginning of 2012 there are about 100k troops in Afghanistan.
afhanistan, iraq libya israel the straits.
yes expansion not contaction, when we pulled out we left mercenaries there to protect those 16,000 americans not iraqi forces. who do u think pays for this?
look at the price tag for blackwater or Xe or whatever contactor we hire vs regular military we never left anywhere.
we are expanding not contacting.

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
afhanistan, iraq libya israel the straits.
yes expansion not contaction, when we pulled out we left mercenaries there to protect those 16,000 americans not iraqi forces. who do u think pays for this?
look at the price tag for blackwater or Xe or whatever contactor we hire vs regular military we never left anywhere.
we are expanding not contacting.
Well, I blame your ability to count.

3,121 posts, read 3,095,282 times
One thing that helped December's numbers is the nba's late start. The NBA added a few really high paying jobs. The 28 US arenas employ roughly 700-1000 people on game night.

The local bars and restaurants probably increased their hiring. The NBA is very important to the economic health of cities like Sacramento, San Antonio and Portland.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It would have been worse without Bush/Obama stimulus programs. I didn't support them, but I admit it would have been worse if the finance sector had been allowed to collapse, which would have left other industries without funding.
Bush had nothing to do with the stimulus program. TARP wasnt a stimulus, it was a bailout of the US Govt, not the businesses as the government claimed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies