Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 01:52 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
RELAX. It's a joke.
You put it as your status without even so much as an exclamation point. Something tells me you at least subconsciously don't think of it as a joke.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:33 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Whites aren't privileged?
Black people aren't privileged?

Old 01-06-2012, 07:35 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Nah...you're missing the point.. the remarks made in this thread were all negative about Black Americans, just a bunch of negative stereotypes rehashed to make one group feel superior over the other.
Maybe because we're in a thread based on a statement which pointed out a FACT that some people took as negative towards black people...

Old 01-06-2012, 08:57 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
As usual, the White Pride defenders are on here spreading stereotypes about Blacks on welfare.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:22 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Where do you live? Are you in some white suburb where you have never met or even talked to a black person before? You don't know what opportunities the average black person has been denied. I can't believe some of the arrogance coming from many of the posters around here
Oprah's done real well. Most basketball players and football players that are black, are doing damn well. You have to want it, to get it. Not sure, what average would be, my guess is we all start off average and some just get a break and others struggle of any color.

Quote:
marcus_phoenixAbsolute nonsense...most whites on welfare live in rural areas and vote Republican.
Most whites on welfare don't vote at all, they don't have Al Sharpton telling them what to do.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:25 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,513 times
I think us AA need to stop trying to defend our reason for voting democrat. Republicans keep making racist comments on this thread and than wonder why we don't vote republican. I really feel they would rather we not vote at all instead of voting democrat. Here is the reality, the democraticparty may have racist past, but republicans are proving not to give a damn about AA at all, so its basically choosing the lesser of two evils.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:05 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Ah, so you're OK to be a parasite because you can play the race card. In your argument, the irish, italians, ect., also should be able to use that excuse. As for blacks having that excuse, no one ever considers what their lives would be like if they HADN'T been brought over as slaves. Have you seen Africa lately? Hardly the land of milk and honey. Just sayin'.....
To use your (flawed) argument: Irish, Italian, etc., migrated to the US on their own. They weren't herded up, put on a ship, brought to the US, shackled and/or owned/traded or sold on an auction block. When blacks were being taken from their homeland, were slave traders and those owning/buying blacks thinking that they were "saving" them and giving them a better life? For the most part they went living under one slave system to only to live under another slave system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I refuse to get into some deep conversation with someone who doesn't care about facts
Do people ever think how a fact evolved? Can't go back to see how/why/who could be related or responsible for what is a fact today? What created and perpetuated a lifestyle to continually spin?? (See my next response)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why are black people so sensitive to facts? Maybe that's the better question.
Why are white people so sensitive when it comes to light that they contributed to the problem? A white government, regardless of party, shared the same views towards black - keep them down. (Lyndon Johnson was a serious racist, and didn't want to sign the Civil Rights Act.)

Quote:
Even before the Supreme Court decision made these drugs illegal, the Mafia had dabbled in drugs. Mafiosi acted as though it was beneath them, but they greedily salivated at the money to be made. The New Orleans Mafia was dealing drugs, including marijuana, in the nineteenth century. Marijuana was popular in the local African-American community in turn-of-the-century New Orleans. The Mafia talked a lot about keeping it away from children and from Italian and Sicilian neighborhoods. There was always racism within the Mafia in addition to its deep insularity, so it did not much care what drugs did to destroy other ethnic groups.
Specifically black communities - helping or hurting?

http://www.netplaces.com/mafia/just-say-no/the-mafia-and-drugs.htm

It wasn't a problem until it became a problem - it was being sold outside the "boundaries" and started to spread in white middle class society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
There is a much higher probability that a random black person is on welfare than if you were to look at a random asian or white person.
Are you sure? I think you should have used random Hispanic as opposed to asian, which would certainly narrow down your assumption that it would be one or the other.

Any chance that the random white person is collecting food stamps? or her rent is being subsidized? A white teenager who has a child? And especially during these economic times, that random white person just may have finished collecting 99 weeks of UI (the extension beyond the usual 26 period was just another form of welfare) and switched over to what is "officially" referred to as welfare?

PS: Those snide remarks made by some posters: you may claim or think yourself not to be a racist, but it shows. It's not what you say, it's how you say it. Would definitely get my respect if you just owed up to being a racist to whatever level.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:02 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
As usual, the White Pride defenders are on here spreading stereotypes about Blacks on welfare.
And as usual, the left wing race baiters laying their traps to ensure continued fear and animosity.

All Newt is saying is that conservatives offers a gospel of independence, while the left offers the warm security blanket of dependence. It's up to people as to which they want to choose. If people want to stay under the warm covers of the Democratic security blanket, fine. Just be fully aware that by not venturing forth into the world you are limiting yourself to permanent subservience.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:39 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I agree with Newt. I also imagine that the vast majority of unemployed African Americans would love to be employed. However, at least during my lifetime, African Americans are at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to hiring.

Now, as for those Americans, of whatever color, who simply have no wish to look for work, or to work, or to be even thought of by others as wishing to work: I wish we could get them off the welfare and disability rolls.
I work for a fairly large company, and I can tell you that we have an extremely well mixed ethnic/racial group working here. They don't look at race, they hire the person who can do the job best. In fact, honestly, I can actually state, that I LIKE every single person I work with. I have no quarrel with any of my co workers. We may not agree with each other in all aspects of life, but everyone I work with is a great person. This is the first place I have ever worked, that there is not a person who I dislike.

Now, onward to welfare. There should be no welfare. If you need help paying the bills, or keeping a roof over your head, that's what charity is for. Welfare is nothing more than institutionalized charity, and quite frankly, there really isn't anything in the constitution that I am aware of that should allow anyone to take money away from those who work and give it to those who don't. Instead of charities to help people overseas, how about we concentrate on the people in our OWN country first.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:33 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Now, onward to welfare. There should be no welfare. If you need help paying the bills, or keeping a roof over your head, that's what charity is for. Welfare is nothing more than institutionalized charity, and quite frankly, there really isn't anything in the constitution that I am aware of that should allow anyone to take money away from those who work and give it to those who don't. Instead of charities to help people overseas, how about we concentrate on the people in our OWN country first.
The US government is the biggest charity center in the world, along with being experts on how to waste money in the US. Included in the Government Charity is sending money as well as jobs abroad. Clearly charity doesn't begin at home as far the the government is concerned.

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/...3-c25a5e194365

Wastbook 2011 by Senator Tom Coburn (R).
How our government has wasted money - taxpayer money, that could have been put to much better use in the US.

Amongst that foreign waste is:

Quote:
$10 million spent on a remake of Sesame Street for Pakistan featuring a hard-working donkey, called Baily, who longs to be a pop star.
Purpose: Education. Yes, grow up to be hard working and strive to be a pop star.

There is also mention of a Pakistan Mango Project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies