Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2012, 10:09 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
No. What you call "conservative Christians" are those who follow the Bible and God the closest and stick with their morals. Sorry that is so offensive to you that you cannot see straight.

I'm not dense and I would remind you of the ToS. I really do not have any advice for you, your sexuality is yours alone.
Nope, Conservative/Fundamentalist Christians cherry pick whatever they don't like, and condemn others with verses that support their beliefs. Studies have already shown people create God in their own image. Whatever you don't like, is what God doesn't like.

Conservative Christians are generally ignorant, poorly educated, self-righteous, and hateful.

I'm not sure I've met one that doesn't fit that description, especially on the gay issue.

Jesus was not a Conservative by any stretch of the imagination. The Pharisees that he criticized were though.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:19 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Hate the sin.

Love the sinner.
Practice what you're preaching.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:19 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post

However, I knew it was a waste of time to even entertain your close-mindedness. You will never even consider the slightest notion that you could be wrong about gays, because you don't want to accept that being gay may not be a choice. You want justification to consider gays evil people so you can continue to hate them.
This is exactly why I have no respect for you, the bolded esp.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Just because someone is gay and realizes it isn't a choice doesn't make them automatically ignorant about neuropsychology.
I said nor implied any such thing. It's just kind of an arbitrary structure to compare. The brain has many structures and functions.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:22 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
No one has a choice who they fall for. You just fall in love. You don't choose it--it just happens. Whether that person is the same sex or opposite sex is of little relevance.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Obviously she knows more as a heterosexual with nothing but baseless theories than you do as a gay person who has been gay your entire life. In fact, all the heterosexual psychologists and neurologists who have theories about how homosexuality is a choice, but of course haven't been gay a day in their lives, obviously know more about us than we do ourselves, even the members of our community who have also gone into neurology, psychology, and other related fields.
My degree is in psych.

Why are you taking the low road here? You and I usually can talk amicably.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
So is mine, and he doesn't agree with your beliefs.
Which beliefs are those? Point out my posts for reference as well, to prove your point. You can't, b/c I have said nothing contrary to what God represents.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Nope, Conservative/Fundamentalist Christians cherry pick whatever they don't like, and condemn others with verses that support their beliefs. Studies have already shown people create God in their own image. Whatever you don't like, is what God doesn't like.

Conservative Christians are generally ignorant, poorly educated, self-righteous, and hateful.

I'm not sure I've met one that doesn't fit that description, especially on the gay issue.

Jesus was not a Conservative by any stretch of the imagination. The Pharisees that he criticized were though.
You are so far off, it's hilarious. I have a bachelor's degree, my IQ is in the gifted range, I am not a hateful person at all. I challenge you to give me an example of how I supposedly hate gays. Seriously. I even typed out a whole post about how I don't have a problem with gays, I just don't think it's right to be gay. If you want to keep putting words in my mouth, you are going on ignore and I will no longer respond to you.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:29 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
My degree is in psych.

Why are you taking the low road here? You and I usually can talk amicably.
We can? Most thinks you post, I find incredibly offensive.

I'm not taking the low road. I just find it presumptuous when heterosexuals think they know more about gay people than gay people themselves, including the gay people who have also majored in psych and even gone on to get doctorate degrees in psych.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
This is the problem. Every one of you on here is saying that just b/c we don't believe one is born that way means we hate, dislike, are bigoted toward, take issue with, think we are morally superior to, etc. gay people. No. Not one person has said that. I have repeated this time and time again on these forums...I do not give a crap if someone is gay, I don't treat them different, I don't think they are bad people, I don't think I'm better than them...I really do not care. I just don't think it's "right." I don't even think about it unless someone puts it in my face and essentially forces me to think about it. Y'all are so good at that here on C-D. You really need to stop with all this hyperbole and maybe you will get a better reception from us.
For your reference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies