Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2012, 10:54 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
What? First we are apparently assuming that you hate gay people when you don't and now we're apparently spewing hatred against straight people? Where did anyone, anywhere say they hate straight people?
It doesn't need to be outright said. The name calling can be gotten away with. I am a horrible person b/c I am Christian, I am ignorant, I am hateful, I am bigoted...the list goes on. Do you really think that's okay from your side but not mine?

Quote:

You are doing exactly the same thing you accuse gay people on CD of doing. See how it hurts? Someone doesn't have to say they hate you for you to feel hated. That's exactly how it feels when someone tells me they think I'm a sinner because I fall in love with people of the same sex.
No, it doesn't hurt. It's annoying. I also never said you were a sinner, although I do think that, and I'm sorry that offends you, but I do not think you are a bad person in any way. I don't know you. Did you ever stop to think that maybe I have the utmost empathy for gays b/c I AM a Christian and I don't want anyone to not be saved? Prob didn't even cross your mind.

Quote:

Not to mention, some of the other things I find offensive coming from you have nothing to do with gayness. That whole suicidal = weak comment was pretty offensive, and I don't think I'll ever forget the thread where you said that a disabled mother is not fit to parent, and that the children would be better off never seeing her. I don't even understand how you can have a psych degree and have that view of suicide or disability. What are you going to tell your patient who is feeling suicidal cause he's losing his ability to walk? "Oh, you're weak, get over yourself. Coward." After all, that's exactly the opinion you've expressed so far.
You're taking it all way too far.

Quote:

And then you have the nerve to say you have no hate in you and turn around and accuse the gay posters on CD of hating straight people.
You all are being that way, you are just not objective enough to see it. I thought you were but I was wrong.

Btw, I can find some things that some people say offensive without it making me dislike them or have it out for them.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Actually there aren't many psychologists and neurologists who think homosexuality is a choice. The only ones you'll hear this from are the discredited 'reparative' therapy quacks - like George 'rentboy' Rekers and Joseph 'come let me cuddle you on my lap' Nicolosi from NARTH who have a religious ideology that is not supported by the science.
You just calling them quacks shows how completely biased you are.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:56 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I don't know if someone is born that way or if it's a choice. I am just glad I am a heterosexual.

You also must be confusing me with someone else. I have NEVER found men "attractive" (at any age). Probably because I am a heterosexual (thank God!). I have both female and male friends but for me, it's only females for close relationships. BTW, when I said I made the choice to be regular (heterosexual) when I first saw "Charlie's Angels," I was only half serious. That show did help, but there were other factors... the neighborhood girls, for one example.
You must be confusing yourself, because you obviously missed the point I (and the other poster) was trying to make... and you have proven us to be correct, by saying you've NEVER been attracted to males EVER. So that tells us you never looked at a man & woman as equally attractive, then made a conscious choice to be with women. Right? So how on earth could orientation be a choice, when you never made any such choice yourself?

P.S. There's nothing "irregular" about being gay, it's just one of the many variations of human sexuality.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post

I don't believe God has a problem with gays. Nor do millions of other Christians. You believe he does.
And so do millions of other Christians.

[quote
Neither one of us can convince the other they are right.[/quote]
First thing you've said that I agree with.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:59 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
You just calling them quacks shows how completely biased you are.
They are quacks. They don't actually do any scientific research, all their claims have been disputed by actual reputable medical and scientific organizations, and meanwhile while they are attacking gays, they are busy getting caught in gay sex scandals themselves.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
It is personal. That's what you're not getting. When you say being gay is wrong, that is personal to people who are gay. You are telling gay people that their very existence is wrong. How is that not personal?
I am absolutely NOT saying that. Why do you insist on spinning everything?

Old 01-07-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You said being gay is not right, ergo it's wrong. Wrong means bad, so you are therefore saying I'm a bad person for something I have absolutely no control over.
I don't feel like figuring out which logical fallacy this is....

Please respond to my post I reposted a little bit ago.

Quote:

And I didn't attack you, I attacked your posts and viewpoint.
You did but I'll put it aside if you can be respectful from now on.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:03 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
It doesn't need to be outright said. The name calling can be gotten away with. I am a horrible person b/c I am Christian, I am ignorant, I am hateful, I am bigoted...the list goes on. Do you really think that's okay from your side but not mine?
I don't know, but you seem to engage in it plenty, so you must think it's okay coming from at least one side.

Where did I or anyone say you're a horrible person for being Christian? No one said that, and yet you somehow came to that conclusion. See how that can happen? Gay people take it personally when you spew anti-gay sentiment because it feels personal. Just like it can feel personal when people make fun of the Bible, even if they're not making fun of you personally, if it's something you take seriously.

Quote:
No, it doesn't hurt. It's annoying. I also never said you were a sinner, although I do think that, and I'm sorry that offends you, but I do not think you are a bad person in any way. I don't know you. Did you ever stop to think that maybe I have the utmost empathy for gays b/c I AM a Christian and I don't want anyone to not be saved? Prob didn't even cross your mind.
Lol. Oh man. This is hilarious.

How can you have empathy for gay people when you don't know what it's like to be gay and think it's inherently wrong? Being a Christian doesn't make you able to empathize with gay people anymore than being anything else does. Unless you're gay or bi, you don't know what being gay is like.

Quote:
You all are being that way, you are just not objective enough to see it. I thought you were but I was wrong.

Btw, I can find some things that some people say offensive without it making me dislike them or have it out for them.
Lol, name one person in this thread who is being objective. Emotions run high because the opinions people have about certain groups of people do feel personal to those groups.

I never said I didn't like you either. All I did say was that I found many things you have said offensive, which is true. As someone who has 1) attempted suicide 2) is gay and 3) is disabled, you've pretty much slammed my existence on three fronts.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:03 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You must be confusing yourself, because you obviously missed the point I (and the other poster) was trying to make... and you have proven us to be correct, by saying you've NEVER been attracted to males EVER. So that tells us you never looked at a man & woman as equally attractive, then made a conscious choice to be with women. Right? So how on earth could orientation be a choice, when you never made any such choice yourself?
No, I am definitely NOT confused! I am not sexually attracted to men in the least. You don't have to take what I post so literally, btw.

Quote:
P.S. There's nothing "irregular" about being gay, it's just one of the many variations of human sexuality.
When did I say anything about "irregularity?"

Old 01-07-2012, 11:05 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Actually there aren't many psychologists and neurologists who think homosexuality is a choice. The only ones you'll hear this from are the discredited 'reparative' therapy quacks - like George 'rentboy' Rekers and Joseph 'come let me cuddle you on my lap' Nicolosi from NARTH who have a religious ideology that is not supported by the science.

Or there is the de-registered psychologist/anti-gay crusader Paul Cameron who has long been discredited for junk science based on misrepresentation and lies, and spreading demonizing propaganda about gays and lesbians.
I was being sarcastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies