Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2012, 11:09 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I am absolutely NOT saying that. Why do you insist on spinning everything?
Okay, so then what are you saying? Please clarify if I misunderstood. From what I have read, you have said that being gay is not right, and you have also said that gay people are sinners. Is there something I'm missing?

Old 01-07-2012, 11:10 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
I don't feel like figuring out which logical fallacy this is....

Please respond to my post I reposted a little bit ago.

You did but I'll put it aside if you can be respectful from now on.
I read your post. And I can't fathom 1) How someone can still claim that being gay is a choice, when gay people and straight people are flat out telling you they never chose their orientation, and despite years and years of trying, have not been able to switch or 2) How you can claim you don't dislike gays, but you still think being gay is wrong.

Are you strictly referring to sex among gays being wrong, or are you also including attractions? How can being attracted to someone of the same sex be wrong? Not a single thing in the Bible says that being attracted to someone is a sin. We do not choose our attractions.

I seriously doubt you walk by a group of people, and individually analyze each one's physical features, and then create a pro and con list and make a final decision of which one/one's in the group you are going to be attracted to.

It doesn't work that way. You see someone, and you immediately feel one of 2 reactions. Yes they are attractive (hot, cute, handsome, etc.) or, no they aren't particularly attractive/ they just aren't your type.

It's an involuntary reaction in the brain that happens instantaneously or close to it. There is no deep thought process going on.

Falling in love is involuntary as well. We don't control who we fall in love with, it just happens. When it does, you get the rapid pulse, butterflies in your stomach, sometimes a euphoric, happy feeling. You can't control who you fall in love with, you can only control whether you act on those feelings.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:13 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
andrea, what exactly do you mean here?

Quote:
I just don't think it's right to be gay.
Quote:
I also never said you were a sinner, although I do think that

Old 01-07-2012, 11:34 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
I said nor implied any such thing. It's just kind of an arbitrary structure to compare. The brain has many structures and functions.
Arbitary? Did you not read the studies? The point was to study brain 'structures' (and functioning) that are not specifically related to sexuality to show why homosexuality is not likely to be a learned 'behavior'. Hence, the studies on brain asymmetry and the amydalae.

Why did you ask for studies if you aren't going to read them?

Old 01-08-2012, 01:12 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Yes, and there was more than one option... female and male.

I think you have me confused with someone else. I don't find males "sexually attractive" AT ALL!
Then you are straight, born straight and will always be straight, you never had a choice because your only option was females, you never desired males and that puts them off the list of options. You cannot make a choice on something that you do not want. Get it.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:42 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
No, I am definitely NOT confused! I am not sexually attracted to men in the least. You don't have to take what I post so literally, btw.
Pot, meet kettle... LOL. Go back and read my first response, and note the sarcasm and rhetorical questioning it was intended to project. Nobody said you were attracted to men, in fact we were saying quite the opposite - that because you never considered being attracted to men, you clearly never made a conscious choice in the matter (as "to choose" requires having another viable option).

Now I am getting confused, and think it's time to move on in this discussion...

Quote:
When did I say anything about "irregularity?"
You referred to being straight as "regular," hence one would assume you consider homosexuality to be irregular. Right?

Old 01-08-2012, 02:48 AM

323 posts, read 321,672 times
The more gays we have is the better...more women for the heterosexual!

Old 01-08-2012, 02:49 AM

Amen for gay as they are the friendly you can meet.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:52 AM

They are not druggies, drunks,gang members, or felons. They are only want man to man sex...

Old 01-08-2012, 03:18 AM

46 posts, read 62,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post

What?
It is about bigotry:
1)"gay people"-some of gay people from big cities, who are under 35 - and their supporters are upset that owners of some restaurants don't allowed gay pairs to kissing, but when some people (e.g.lesbians, bisexual engaged with opposite-sex partner) ask, why only young male (under 40) are allowed to go to so-called "gayfriendly clubs", they say, that it is owner right to decide,who he or (I doubt) she lets in. It is so called bigotry.
Second thing is that when someone call homosexuality deviation, they* answered that that there are three orientation, but when they want to humiliate opponent in discussion, they say "you are afraid of gays, scientific research prove[1], that if someone is afraid of something, he is afraid,that he can be that, so you are "cryptogay"[2]".
*as 'they' I mean gays, (less often) lesbians, leftist politicians and activists.
[1]they never have spoken, which researches.
[2]they never use argument of bisexuality in discussion nor argument about "exploring their sexuality" or "problems with defining their sexual identity".

"Hey, Mr gay, you forgot bisexuality" - if I can paraphrase one of the candidate on president of United States:
--------------------
Anyway - why people who defend gays "because-this-is-not-a-choice" can't defend mental ill or disabled - this is not a choice too. It's not that I would like to Communists talking BS about 'psychozophobia', I just want to stop them spread disinformation about the disordered people in order to achieve the benefits in discussion.

STOP HATING AND LOOK IN HEART
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies