Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 06:42 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
They almost always are, since 99% of anti-gay sentiment is based on literalistic, conservative Bible interpretations and the icky factor.

Because in the very next breath, you're bragging about last night's conquest, or your marriage. But that's fine with you because heterosexuality is common, and therefore doesn't appear to be thrown in people's faces. But when you're on the opposite side, heterosexuality is shoved in our faces far more than homosexuality is shoved in yours.

It's a giant double standard, and one which hurts us, where as it does absolutely nothing to you.
How is heterosexuality "THROWN" in your face? Why not just realize that that is the way the world is for the most part? Of course you will say it is thrown in your face if that is the majority.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:07 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,623,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
You know the EXPERIENCERS OF BEING GAY?

it's like historians traveling back in time to meet George WAshington and wondering about his life but just not asking him.

It makes NO SENSE.
i've been told by several homosexuals that it's genetic, but when asked for scientific studies as citations, i get a bunch of HURRR DERRPPPP out of them.

*shrug*

Old 01-13-2012, 07:10 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
i've been told by several homosexuals that it's genetic, but when asked for scientific studies as citations, i get a bunch of HURRR DERRPPPP out of them.

*shrug*
So it's up to them to do the research to answer YOUR question? I've been gay my entire life. It could be genetic, it could be karmic, it could be a lot of things. It just ISN'T a choice.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
So it's up to them to do the research to answer YOUR question? I've been gay my entire life. It could be genetic, it could be karmic, it could be a lot of things. It just ISN'T a choice.
yes, it is actually. they made the claim, they cite the studies that back up their claim. this isnt rocket science...

your anecdotal life experiences = / = scientific data.

*yawn*

/its a choice
//man up nancy.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
yes, it is actually. they made the claim, they cite the studies that back up their claim. this isnt rocket science...

your anecdotal life experiences = / = scientific data.

*yawn*

/its a choice
//man up nancy.
How freaking rude and inflammatory can you get?

Thanks. Now I get to report you for offensive posting. Enjoy your weekend.

Edit: isn't it now your responsibility to prove that gays choose to be gay? Your claim needs proof.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 01-13-2012 at 07:43 PM..

Old 01-13-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
How freaking rude and inflammatory can you get?

Thanks. Now I get to report you for offensive posting. Enjoy your weekend.
*tips hat*

same to you, good luck with your reporting sir!

Old 01-13-2012, 07:31 PM

521 posts, read 466,965 times
homos choose to have sex with other homos. just cuz you feel like doing something doesn't mean it's right. After reading this thread I seriously abhor gays and their lifestyle choice.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:40 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times
You all know what I think is happening or is being attempted at? I think gay people or people who relate to them are trying to put heterosexual people's backs against the wall and are trying to force them to defend their heterosexuality. I'm not trying to be extreme, but that's what I see on the internet and also in offline settings. If gay people are feeling threatened by someone's lack of understanding then they seem to flip-the-script and put the heterosexual person on-the-spot. The whole, "Well, why don't YOU explain how YOU became heterosexual." And I'm just not feeling that whole strategy. It's like some are trying to turn heterosexuality into the an "optional" way of life. Nah, it's not.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
homos choose to have sex with other homos. just cuz you feel like doing something doesn't mean it's right. After reading this thread I seriously abhor gays and their lifestyle choice.
You didn't read the thread because you clearly don't understand the topic. Go back to page 1 and start over. Pay attention this time. And I doubt this thread was the cause of your newly discovered abhorrence.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
You all know what I think is happening or is being attempted at? I think gay people or people who relate to them are trying to put heterosexual people's backs against the wall and are trying to force them to defend their heterosexuality. I'm not trying to be extreme, but that's what I see on the internet and also in offline settings. If gay people are feeling threatened by someone's lack of understanding then they seem to flip-the-script and put the heterosexual person on-the-spot. The whole, "Well, why don't YOU explain how YOU became heterosexual." And I'm just not feeling that whole strategy. It's like some are trying to turn heterosexuality into the an "optional" way of life. Nah, it's not.
God, what misunderstanding you people have! If heterosexuality is not an optional way of life for heterosexuals, then why would you automatically assume that being gay is optional for gay people? Why can't you just accept the fact that some people are wired to like the same gender and that heterosexuality is for them completely not an option? If you can't recall choosing to be heterosexual, then what makes you think gay people can recall that choice? Or is that what makes them "special"?

And as with the poster above, I'm not referring to the choice of having sex with somebody. Again, why do people thing being gay is all about sex? Duh! Everyone chooses who they have consensual sex with. What they don't choose is which gender they are attracted to unless they recognize they are attracted to both to some degree and choose because there's more than one option for them. Gay sex isn't an 'extra' sinful bonus that gay people get to 'enjoy' while everyone else gets icky about it. Having sex with someone you love is how we all are, both gay and straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies