Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 01:19 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
I would anxiously answer to you that it never happened to me and never will and if there are women who have husbands that expect that of them maybe that is why there are so many divorces
1. It's not just married people doing these things, and many (hopefully all of) the women involved are willing participants. I don't wanna do that either, but I'm still not going to judge those who like it!

2. Soooo, your answer is that "it's never happened to me, so I will only judge the homosexuals who do it?" That makes absolutely no sense, and is still pretty much the definition of bigotry. I'm not interested in your sexual behaviors, I'm only asking why it doesn't bother you that other heterosexuals do these things... also why you seem to think this is a gay practice alone, and why it affects your opinion of the entire gay community (even those who don't practice these acts).

Quote:
I have seen some post here with statistics of frequency of this in heteros and I would say those polls are probably coming from liberalized academic circles. I always thought there was something different about those liberal college professors.
I love when you follow a completely illogical comment with a And I'll follow that with a

Speaking of handbooks, you seem to have a copy of the "homophobic conservative RWNJ handbook 101." Discounting the link for being liberal propaganda? C'mon, you're not a stupid person, so I know you can do better than that!!! FYI, the link I saw provided to you was from the CDC - you know, the Center for Disease Control. If that isn't a non-biased and scientific source, I don't know what is... and this coming from a reference librarian, for the record.

Quote:
It is not bigotry we feel but compassion for those that seemedly cannot or will not try to live their natural inclinations.
It's not compassion, it's repression and intolerant judgment. Btw, if somebody asked you to "not live your natural inclinations" of being heterosexual, even though you were hurting nobody in doing so - would you quietly oblige? Answer honestly.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
How much of ANY heterosexuals whole life is spent having procreative sex? A couple of hours? Does that mean that 99.99999999999999% of a a heterosexual's life is worthless and has no reason?
And what about us straight folks who can't or don't want to procreate? I'm 35 years old, certainly not a virgin, and have consciously refrained from making babies... guess my life is completely worthless, and I have no reason to exist. Boo, I'm soooo sad.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:31 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Quite frankly, I find all explicit sexual descriptions/images to be pretty gross - no matter who's involved, unless it's me and my partner in private. But that's really not the issue, especially considering BOTH straight & gay/bi couples practice every act known to mankind. The fact that people like her keep focusing on the sex is actually proof of bigotry, because I don't hear them ranting about how many heterosexuals engage in these things... and despite what she'd like to believe, there are many who do. So if you only care when gay people do it, how is that not a bigoted view? Seriously.
It's a classic anti-gay propaganda tactic. Reduce gays and lesbians to just 'sex acts' to try to gross other people out.

If I were to think about the 'sex acts' of all the people I meet every day, I'd spend my whole life being grossed out.
Thankfully I just think of people I spend time with, as people who have all sorts of interesting characteristics, stories etc...

Frankly, I've NEVER heard so much about 'gay sex' as I have out of the mouths of anti-gay bigots. Their obsession is kind of sickening.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:36 AM

Quote:
I missed this one...why not? This is precisely where I cannot make the leap of faith that you and others seem to make. You can't detach yourself from the act and say it is just a social phenomena and attach no activity to it that makes it so. Oh Joe is a homosexual. What does that mean, what makes it so. It is a behavior, what kind of behavior...yikes isn't that a little unusual...and should we as a society be in the business of promoting same?
Homosexuality is NOT a behavior, it's a state of being... an attraction, a natural inclination, or whatever you want to call it. One can be a homosexual virgin or celibate, they can also be a homosexual who only practices non-penetrating sex acts. On the flip side, heterosexuality is also not just a behavior, and is definitely not limited to "traditional & procreative" sex. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either naive or fooling themselves. Did you know you were straight before you actually had sex? If so, you should know already that sexual orientation isn't based solely on one's behaviors.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
It's a classic anti-gay propaganda tactic. Reduce gays and lesbians to just 'sex acts' to try to gross other people out.

If I were to think about the 'sex acts' of all the people I meet every day, I'd spend my whole life being grossed out.
Thankfully I just think of people I spend time with, as people who have all sorts of interesting characteristics, stories etc...

Frankly, I've NEVER heard so much about 'gay sex' as I have out of the mouths of anti-gay bigots. Their obsession is kind of sickening.
I know!! Do these people sit around and talk about their sex lives all day, or what? I mean, sure, sometimes my friends & I will talk about that stuff... but it's not a regular topic of conversation, and (with the exception of a couple "dirty-minded" friends) rarely gets that explicit. Sheesh, could you imagine seeing what goes on in everyone's bedrooms? Gay or straight, I think most of it would make us vomit!

I think it's time for this graphic again:

Old 01-15-2012, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I know it's probably falling on deaf ears, but I can't just sit back and read that crap without responding!
I'm thankful for intelligent, educated, empathetic straight gals like you and appreciate it every time you respond to 'crap like that'.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:12 AM

Quote:
I think you must have glossed over a few pages. I believe I did in fact state I did seperate the act from the actor and I'm sorry if I confused you as to my intent but you seem confused.
In your very first post in this thread:

Quote:

I think it is impossible to seperate the act from the actor.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:07 AM

Quote:
And what about us straight folks who can't or don't want to procreate? I'm 35 years old, certainly not a virgin, and have consciously refrained from making babies... guess my life is completely worthless, and I have no reason to exist. Boo, I'm soooo sad.
Apparently apart from the few uncomfortable seconds it took to conceive my daughter, my whole life is worthless and purposeless too and is ALL about 'pleasure' and non-procreative sex 24/7, 365 days a year.

There is nothing, just nothing worthwhile in our lives because we aren't flat on our backs 24/7 our whole lives having procreative sex with some dude conceiving babies for the greater glory of the already over-populated human race...

Gosh! Why did we even bother with university and careers? Or all the time spent with friends, family, or helping others?

We don't need an education to procreate. Any animal can do it. Any dumb horny teenager in the back of car having 20 seconds of fumbling sex without a condom has a more worthwhile life than us. Even rapists have a more worthwhile life than us if the girl they rape conceives.

Last edited by Ceist; 01-15-2012 at 04:33 AM..

Old 01-15-2012, 04:08 AM

Quote:
I know!! Do these people sit around and talk about their sex lives all day, or what? I mean, sure, sometimes my friends & I will talk about that stuff... but it's not a regular topic of conversation, and (with the exception of a couple "dirty-minded" friends) rarely gets that explicit. Sheesh, could you imagine seeing what goes on in everyone's bedrooms? Gay or straight, I think most of it would make us vomit!

I think it's time for this graphic again:
*cackle* I love that picture!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies